Frugal Village Forums banner

921 - 940 of 4061 Posts

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Sd-wow can't believe how fast that went. So nice she has bunnies to watch. W/ Dmom it's squirrels. She has black,grey and the brown and a million things to say about each one. It's so bad I give her peanuts in shell unsalted as part of her Christmas gift. She misses having a dog or cat. Sometimes I am tempted to find an old one at the pound but then that would be one headache after another.

We took the dog (dh's) to the bark park. And surprisingly he did well. He was sniffed and sniffed other dogs. He gets intimidated so we watch him. And he did a few little Grrr's but I'm ok w/ that because the change was radical from a few years ago. This dog used to bark everyone in sight of the car and jump from seat to seat while I drove. He still isn't relaxed but we are going to practice more. I was a blast there though. And for some reason big dog day. We saw a Pharoh hound,St. Bernard,Great Dane,Great Pyrannese,several huskies and a herd of lab mixes. I just love trying to "guess that breed mix?". We stopped at a coney carryout place. I laughed at Dh. I sent him in for fries,2 coneys and a hot dog. So
he gets Yogi a chili dog like us. He was great w/ me when Dh left and at the picnic table even though there was an unattended Dashund there. There is hope!
We needed a day out.

Got 1 shelf done in the pantry. Watched the voices. It's a comedy about a serial
killer who hears voices in the form of his dog and cat. It's super kitchy and bad. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
fw, glad the dog is doing better. That series sounds intriguing. Is it on hulu or what?

SD, fantastic progress with the moving!

RABBIT, welcome back!

pinetree, hope you are ok today!

For Monday:

1) Clean up in our bedroom
2) Reset downstairs
3) Revise menus
4) Send reminder email to our retired teachers' group DONE
5) Maybe help DH with some home repairs

Have a marvelous Monday, ladies.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #923 ·
Hi guys!

RABBIT, I wish I had the same weather, we are suppose to rain all day plus they are saying 2 inches of rain tomorrow, plus maybe snow.

Jen. Hope youre feeling better, thinking about you.

FW, sounds like you had a good weekend!

SD, WTG with the moving, so happy she is all happy and excited, Hope I am that happy when I am that age!

Niko, How ya doing?? Hoping things are going smoothly for awhile!

ilc, Did you do exerciese for your veritgo? Is it the bpv type?

I think my pain pills are making me dizzy, it says on the side effects to watch getting up and down in bed, so I quit taking them, will see if that helps. I started a new statin, every muscle in my body hurts again, so its getting really hard to move around and walk, I am getting so tired of this... I would like to get back to some kind of life, just not exsisting....

Have a great Monday!

geez forgot my list again!!
get dressed
make phone calls
fold whites
wow, what a list!! hope I dont hurt myself!! lol

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Nope... come home Saturday to another letter from the Trusttee or rather Bankruptcy court and neither of us have any clue what it is or means. It didn't have the CC at the end so it wasn't sent to the attorneys office. Last day of BK was April 27th but still hasn't been discharged. Normal but we don't know what this letter ( form letter but still ) is ... Would call today but I'm off Mondays and if they need something faxed I can't do it from home so trying to have patience and wait until tomorrow where I can fax if necessary. They're going to have to lead me thru it as there's a bunch of blank lines that look as if they need to be filled in and ... crap in a basket... I don't know what they're even asking.

Today since I've done hardly anything most of the weekend but worry

Doggy blankets washed
Dogs bathed ( didn't do last weekend )
Mop downstairs
unload dishwasher .. did them yesterday
wash at least one load and put a bunch away. They're piling up again bad .. as usual
bathroom trash out
going to try to fix something cooked ahead of time today to help with supper tomorrow night along with today.
Change bed
MAYBE was blankets too. REALLY reaching here.

Might not get all of this done. I'm know I'm reaching here. But also know I WILL get some other stuff done along the way. I'm one of those people who goes to do something in one room and that leads to another room which leads to... and on and on. Always been that way. I'm good with it. LOng as crap gets done.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Niko, sorry that you had to worry all weekend about your letter. Hopefully by now you have word on what exactly it is and what they want.

pinetree, snow..........SNOW!!!!! <screams> Sorry..............just..........sorry. :( SD, you too!

So tired today, stayed up way too late last night. I have got to stop this.

1/3 today, can't see me doing anything else besides making dinner at this point.

Tuesday
1 - dailies plus Mondays
2 - go to moms
3 - clean off desk, starting to get cluttered again

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Can't call today. Well... I could but if they ( the attorneys office ) want a copy faxed to them I can't do it from home. So it's best to wait until tomorrow so I don't have to call back a second time. I'll wait as hard as it is.

Top that with a load of crap from Bank of America... otherwise known as Bank of Hell... and that's a sample of the BS we've had lately.

Not progressing here very well. Have one load done. Another going in soon. Fixed supper so to speak. Sloppy Joes but don't know if I fixed enough to go another night. Maybe. I'd be happy with one night ahead.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #928 ·
Niko, I thought you were done with bank from hell? I got rid of All mine when you started having trouble,, Sending up prayers you are done with this for good. Keep positive thoughts, it might be the papers for dismissal... keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Yep RABBIT, snow.. I am never going to get the garden planted!

Dh took pictures of the cheery trees into the soil conservation, place toiday, our trees got hit really bad with that winter vortex this winter, they hardly have any leafs, we need to fertilize then trim if they dont grow,, sob,, no fruit aagain.?

I wont be on till late tomorrow, got to go back to Dr, having Big problems with this new statin, will let you know how it goes.. I hate this, I was feeling great, now I hurt so bad I just want to lay in bed...

Take care everyone

ilc, will you do me a favor and have a big piece of cheese cake for me<< Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
19,744 Posts
Everyone's been busy. Me, too, I guess.

7,000 steps today. I'm sort of surprised because it was mostly in Mom's new house. Husby emptied the second locker and then we both went over and took the stuff off the walls out of the apartment, so everything is finally moved. :whew: It didn't seem like we'd ever get to this point. The movers brought the last of her furniture and everything fits in nicely, so that's something. I made a dent in the mess in her kitchen and rearranged the furniture in her bedroom so her keyboard and sewing furniture fit in and I can walk in there to put stuff away. The kitchen is not fully functional yet but she should be able to heat something up to eat and have some dishes to put it on now at least. I felt sorry for Husby hauling stuff in through the wind, snow, rain, and sleet. What a nasty day. But it's done now and anything else we need to do should be doable under a cozy roof.

When I called to get Mom signed up for Dish network, she discovered her debit card is missing. This was after I just gotten the lecture about how she didn't need to be organized because her memory is good enough that she can remember where things are without having to put things away, all because I came across a random light bulb and she told me to put it in the desk drawer, which I disagreed with. Don't even get me started on how untrue that is about her memory. This is the woman who will call me up and ask where something is in her house that I never knew she owned. How would I know? She has no idea where her card is or when she had it last. We had her call and cancel it. For a while she couldn't find her credit card either, understandable since she always leaves it laying around and doesn't carry it, and of course with the move stuff is in chaos. That eventually showed up, stuck in the business envelope it came in, stuck to the letter it came on, with her password and account info written on the bottom of the letter, and the sticker still on it saying it wasn't activated yet even though it was. The old, expired one was in the same envelope in exactly the same condition. Somebody please tell me what that's about, saving expired credit cards, medical and dental cards, drivers licenses, and other worthless junk so it increases the chances that info will fall into the wrong hands and so she has to waste other peoples' time while they either have to sort through the mess for the right card, or stand in line behind her while someone searches for the right card. I sure don't get it. But at least I was able to set up her Dish work order after having to hang up with the rep because Mom couldn't find her card while I was on the phone. :sigh: Her bank said no scary activity had happened on that card so that's a good thing.

Mom kept hinting we should clean her apartment. Sorry, Mom, we've been working our asses off to the point of exhaustion and pain, we're still not done, and there's no way we're cleaning that apartment. She finally gave in and hired a friend of hers from the apartment building. It ticked us off because she can afford to pay someone and it won't even cost that much because it's a small place that isn't that dirty. Why should we have to do that on top of everything else we're taking vacation time to do? We don't mind helping her with the new place but enough is enough.

I think we've been spending too much time together the past few days. LOL. I've been doing my best to bite my tongue about all the disorganization and the junk we've moved instead of tossing, but of course I'm not perfect. She's 86 and isn't going to change now, so I need to just shut my face and keep my thoughts to myself. She has all her mental faculties so if she does stupid stuff, she can deal with the consequences.

We were hoping to be done today but we're wearing down so not working as fast as before, plus the weather has slowed things down. So we'll be back over there tomorrow. I hope we can get most of the stuff organized and put away. It'll be Tuesday already and our own projects that we were going to get done while Husby is on vacation have completely slipped off our radar and we have to get back to that stuff. We could have the dirt guy out here as soon as road restrictions come off toward the end of the month, and we don't have the gutters on the garage yet to help keep the new driveway from washing away. And we still haven't had a chance to play with our HydroBikes or even get the dock put back together yet.

The weather geek from Duluth is on the TV pointing at the webcam in town here and talking about how we're 35 degrees below average for temps today. No wonder it's been snowing all day. It's only stinkin' 34 degrees here! It's supposed to be warming up the rest of the week though, I guess.

It's a huge relief to have all Mom's stuff moved, even if it's not all put away yet.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Niko, I thought you were done with bank from hell? I got rid of All mine when you started having trouble,, Sending up prayers you are done with this for good. Keep positive thoughts, it might be the papers for dismissal... keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Pinetree ... If you remember ... we're self employed and the business property was financed thru Bank of Hell. We reaffirmed it and it was the ONLY thing we got to keep. So we made the regular payments on it for 7 months after we filed. THEN one day we get a call from the attorney and he asked if we had made the last 3 payments on it. I said yes and he asked if we had proof. So I faxed bank statements where it showed they cashed the checks ( which were made at the bank ) and copies of the receipts from making them etc. Bank of Hell had told the Trustee we weren't making the payments. Long story there short... she ripped them. They said Well... they made the payments but we put it into a hold tank. She said you can't do that. Attorney said Lets roll the property loan into the bankruptcy and raise the pay back and make the payment thru the Trustee. So we did. Last BK payment to the Trustee was last of April. She hasn't dispersed the last payment yet. We can't make another payment until she does and next payment is due the 28th and today is 18th. According to the bankruptcy dept at Bof Hell payment has to be made over the phone or mailed. Can't make the payment at the local anymore where we can get a receipt. Bank of Hell also said we wouldn't get a receipt for payment from phone nor mailing.

So all they have to do is not post the payment and they can call the loan in. The property is worth more than what is owed. But to much for us to try to pay off. They have already a couple months ago called in an appraiser to appraise the property. Which when hubs told the guy on the phone that it was in bankruptcy and what they'd done they/he said they wanted no part of it. Haven't heard anything else about that but that's coming. Love how they waited a couple of months before the BK is over to appraise it when they've had 15 years to do it. I think they're trying to find out what's it's worth compared to what we owe and how they'd make out better.

No payment receipt? All they have to do is not cash it / not post it and say we defaulted. Can't wire it. Can't make at the local. If mail it and make them sign... crap... I forgot what that does. Anyway they're going to pull something. Loan isn't done until late late 2018.

The house is also thru them and they haven't even foreclosed on it. Although they sold the loan. But still.. haven't foreclosed. The house that was his mom's that he got when she died and he bought sold January of this year. So we'll have that to contend with come tax time next year I'm sure. I don't know how 2 houses will be handled. Attorneys woman says to hubs .. you filed bankruptcy .. you have the tax person take care of filing the bankruptcy with the 1099C if you get one. NOT what she told me. What she told me was we may be liable for the difference in income tax between what it sold for and what was owed. On 2.. count them TWO houses. Wasn't what the attorney told us in the beginning either. He said we wouldn't.

I'm sure I could think of more if I tried. Right now... at THIS time is Bank of Hell and the business property. There's no way anyone is going to tell me they aren't trying to pull shi)_( ... and won't try by 2018.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Niko a very big hug from me. I am so sorry the bloody bank is giving you trouble again. I wish I could help you in a way, but sadly I am so far away.

Oheoh I am so glad everything turned out more or less ok.

I don't know what I am going to do today yet. Ah well this is what I have to do (and hate to do):
Email the owner of the house that I d like to come over with another elektrician (this is number 3) and hope he accepts it. He has been very kind in accepting this, but I ll probably give them the favour of giving them some more time to move without costs.
Contact the dentist to change the appointment.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Niko, what a mess you've been going through with BOA. I am so sorry.

oheoh's momma, how scary about your little one! Glad everything is going now ok.

fw, I understand about you and DH and financial talks! My DH and I have, after almost 30 years, managed to get in sync with money matters.

Ayanka, hope it works out with the electrician.

SD, you and your DH have been wonderful to your mom, but I agree---if she can afford it, let HER make arrangements for cleaning. You've already gone above and beyond.

pinetree, my DH is also on statins and he said some of them can indeed cause pain. Praying the dr. can switch your meds. Let us know.

I hope I didn't leave out anyone.

My list was DONE yesterday. So for Tuesday:

1) Go to retired teachers' luncheon
2) Laundry: my clothes
3) Package some leftovers for the freezer
4) Help DH with home repairs, as necessary

Have a good day, everyone.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Well, I'm still alive...not doing well, but alive! The virus I had was really hard to get rid of, but I think I'm over it. And then I woke up this morning screaming in pain...the gout is back. I would really like to return this body for a full refund!

No possible list for the next few days, I can't walk. But I'm alive...and hopefully tomorrow will be better!

Have a great day, Everyone!

Jen

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #940 ·
Jen, its so nice to see you, are you eating your cherries? I really hope you are better soon.

Om, cant help with a baby shower. Hope you got your glasses!! Feel better!!

RABBIT, please dont stay away so long!

FW, um, thai food, umm, never had it, maybe I should try some soon???

Hoo, you doing ok?

ayanka, you sure sound excited about your house, bet you cant wait to mov!

SD WTG moving your MOM!! Record time,, Tell her you dont do windows! lol Hope you get finished soon! I really cant wait to see those bikes out in the water!

ilc, What no cheese cake??? I am going to have to make one. Does your Dh do ok with the statins now, they took me off the lipator and now it looks like i'm off the pravastatin...

Niko, why does stuff have to be so hard? I would find somehow to get a copy of those reciepts, call the DA, there has to be something to protect you from them, I am so sorry, the stress from that can really get to you,, Please be careful!!

Took a blood test this morning after stopping my pills, will find out tomorrow.

Have been teasing DH about trying to kill me, I have been having trouble breathing,well on the way to town I kept telling him I cant breathe,, we walked into get my test, I was out of breath, then back to the car, out of breath, then we stopped at King Soopers, I have my handicap tag So I told him to go in and I wanted to look at the flowers, we got a grocery cart and put my tank in it,, I was in heaven. Until ,I really couldnt catch my breath, I slowly went back to the car and took my oxygen level, wow it was 81, I am not suppose to go under 90, so I start taking deep breaths to get it up , and it wouldn't go, finall it moves up slowly and I thought maybe my line was pinched,, nope, then I opened the bag its in to see "refill" on it.. Panic! Hes still in the store,, I try to calm down, finally he comes out checks the tank, He Never turned It on when We Left Home!!! I told him I'm callimg my lawyer, if something happens to me check him out! LOL

We have gotton over 2 inches of rain today, its suppose to rain the rest of the week..

List
went to DR, done
make chicken soup'
work for alttle while

Have a wonderful day!!

921 - 940 of 4061 Posts