Frugal Village Forums banner

1901 - 1920 of 4061 Posts

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Yes,I do.
I am watching The Listener because it's on late when nothing else is mostly.
And a confession-love the guy. Loved him as Angel on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and On the spin off Angel. Embarrassing?

I run a bit more Syfy than Science but I love both. What was the hosp.program where the star Dr. lived in a trailer in the parking lot behind the hosp. Was that St. Elsewhere? ( Trapper John-is that MASH). My brain hurrts!

·
Super Moderator
19,744 Posts
Love SVU before Chris Meloni left. Loved Munch and Tutuola on that show, too. Love Kathryn Erbe and Vincent D'Onofrio on Criminal Intent, too.

Never could get into Stephen King very much, but I used to read Dean Koontz a lot till he started the Odd Thomas series, which I couldn't stand. Two of the scariest books of his that I still love are Seize the Night and Fear Nothing. In one of them, the main character is deep in an underground building at an abandoned military base in pitch black darkness. He's reaching out his hand to convince himself there's nobody else there and it's just his over-active imagination. Of course, he touches someone on the face in the blinding darkness and.... At that exact point, my phone rang and scared the crap out of me, and then the real world tilted on its axis and changed forever as Husby informed me a plane had hit one of the Trade Center towers and could I please turn on CNN because his building was on lockdown and no one there really knew why or what was going on. I'll never, ever forget that. I tuned in just in time to see the second plane circle in and then we all knew it was no accident.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
At my house NCIS is known as The Good-Looking Man Show. Mark Harmon, mmmmmmmm.

I would occasionally watch Criminal Minds till an episode where two little kids were kidnapped, imprisoned, and molested by a creep. It upset me horribly because I spent my life working with children and I dearly love them, so I haven't looked at that show since. My current favorite is Major Crimes on Monday nights. And Forensic Files. And Jeopardy! which isn't scary at all.

Bernice, Michael Connelly has a new Harry Bosch/Micky Haller book coming out this fall---I saw it on his website.

No vampire books for me except Dracula, the classic by Bram Stoker. It contains one of the greatest pursuits in literature.

The only Stephen King I've read is his short story Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption, upon which the movie is based.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I LOVE Vincent D'Onofrio, I think he's underrated, some of his indep films were really good. I read somewhere that he's dealing with mental illness but that was a long time ago. I loved Munch and Ice T. I haven't liked it in a while with everyone gone. I haven't heard of the Listener or Major Crimes, I'll look them up.

Psych's entire run streams on Netflix if you have that.

The only hospital show I can think of recently with a trailer is Grey's Anatomy, McDreamy lived in an Airstream in the woods for a while. Ugh, hate that show.

the British Sherlock and Luther on Netflix are wonderful shows in this vein and Broadchurch

·
Super Moderator
19,744 Posts
FW, I think McIntyre was a spin-off of MASH.

Oh, yeah, Bernice, Major Crimes. That was actually spun off from The Closer, which was really good too.

I still miss In Plain Sight. The sarcasm always cracked me up.

Definitely lots of eye candy on NCIS.

I agree about Vincent D'Onofrio being underrated. He should have been cast as Jack Reacher. Tom Cruise? Seriously? He's like nine inches tall. Jack Reacher is 6'4". Tom Cruise is ssoooooo not Jack Reacher, for so many reasons! Vincent played the alien in Men In Black and I thought he was great.

No Netflix but I think Husby's thinking about getting it because he misses watching Longmire. A&E canceled it and Netflix picked it up.

I loved the conflicts between Munch and Tutuola on SVU. I really like Mariska Hargatay on SVU but I just can't get into that show anymore with so many of the old cast gone now. However, I think Ted Danson on CSI is great and makes up for William Peterson's Grissom character being gone. We really like the new CSI Cyber with Patricia Arquette.

Another new favorite is Scorpion, even if the so-called science on it is pretty ridiculous sometimes. Love the characters.

We hated Gray's Anatomy, too.

I'm starting to really like NCIS: NOLA now. We've loved Scott Bakula since Quantum Leap.

Still love Big Bang Theory after all these years, too. Can't believe that show has been on so many years already. We've liked Kaley Cuoco since Three Simple Rules. So sad when John Ritter died while he was working on that show.

I've been watching MacGyver lately. We never watched it in prime time when it was on years ago. Richard Dean Anderson has a cabin near here, if he still has it anyway. It would only make sense, since he's from Minnesota and all.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
FW, I think McIntyre was a spin-off of MASH.

I agree about Vincent D'Onofrio being underrated. He should have been cast as Jack Reacher. Tom Cruise? Seriously? He's like nine inches tall. Jack Reacher is 6'4". Tom Cruise is ssoooooo not Jack Reacher, for so many reasons! Vincent played the alien in Men In Black and I thought he was great.

No Netflix but I think Husby's thinking about getting it because he misses watching Longmire. A&E canceled it and Netflix picked it up.

We really like the new CSI Cyber with Patricia Arquette.

Another new favorite is Scorpion, even if the so-called science on it is pretty ridiculous sometimes. Love the characters.
Tom Cruise I cannot even remember that last movie I liked him in, oh Magnolia, that's probably the only movie I liked him in at all, lol.

I have heard many good things about Longmire, it's in my queue, I think they just added a season

Did Cyber CSI get cancelled? It hasn't been on in weeks. I really like her. When I first got sick, I could not sleep for a long time. I'd heard about Medium, sounds like a show I would hate. But I wanted something mindless with a ton of episodes. Ended up loving it

I am the last person on Earth who has never seen Buffy the Vampire whatever, lol

·
Registered
895 Posts
No worries Bernice, I haven't seen Buffy and the vampire slayer either. My sis used to always throw a fit when I wanted to see something different to the point I stopped arguing and I haven't had telly since I moved out of my parents' house. Not really missing it either, though I do watch youtube stuff etc.

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Morning
got the freezer inventory done yesterday. Cooked supper

SD very sad memory. Such a awful day to remember.. I think everyone is still sad on that day...

ILC I turn that and all shows if it is about children. . Remember that one got me too

Love dean koonze, Lisa jackson, don't care to much about romance novels did read the notebook.
Love csi, and csi, cyber.
Love ncis new orleans... love Scott Baku la
Big bang mike and molly, how I met your mother...
loved medium and ghost whisper.
never seen Buffy or angel. ..

Today bathroom, unload dishwasher, sweep and mop.

Soup and sammies for supper..

·
Super Moderator
19,744 Posts
What a weird day.

Husby called and woke me up when he got to work today. A tree came down just as he was going down the driveway. Remember our motor home we just sold last fall? If we hadn't sold it, it would now be crushed from front to back and would be a nightmare to get rid of. Glad once again it's gone now. But there was a branch hanging on our power line so I called the power company. Clearly, I had working phones then. Power, too, but that was also weird because some of our clocks were flashing, but some weren't and all the AeroGardens, which go off if the power is out for even a second, were working fine. I also got an auto call from the library saying books we requested are ready to pick up. The power company came right away and after they fixed the damaged power line, I called Husby at work to tell him. I can hear him fine, but he can't hear me. Annoying. That's on two different phones, so I'm not sure what to think. Especially since I have internet. I need to go out to my office and see if that phone works. How can we have partial service? He keeps calling me and it's driving me crazy. It's still very windy here so I'm wondering what more is going to happen.

I keep wondering how Tom Cruise gets all those movie roles. I don't know anyone who really likes him. Not that I know so many people. I can't think of any of his movies we like, either.

I've never watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer either. Husby liked it.

I like Longmire okay but I wish that cast would learn how to pronounce Absaroka, which is not pronounced the way it looks. It makes me crazy every time they mispronounce it, which is often because the show is set in the fictional Absaroka County. I can turn off the internal editor for most things but that's not one of them. I really like Katie Sackoff in her role on Longmire.

We love Girl Meets World. So cute, and G rated. I guess you can see our tastes are all over the map.

Loved Medium and Ghost Whisperer. Normally we like Jennifer Love Hewitt but we were disappointed the writers didn't do much with her on Criminal Minds.

I think CSI Cyber is on summer hiatus, not canceled, but of course I could be wrong.

OM, it's a sad memory for sure. Wanna hear the stupid 9/11 memory I have? I'll tell you anyway. On 9/10, we watched psychic Sylvia Browne live on Larry King. She was in a big debate about whether or not there is any merit to psychics. The other guest was, IIRC, the chief editor of Skeptic magazine. I'll just say it was a lively debate, during which the editor promised Sylvia Browne he would pay a million dollars for any definitive proof that psychics really could talk to the dead or predict the future. I'll never forget that either, because it seemed to me that if Sylvia Browne was all she claimed to be, she would have been standing on Larry King's table screaming about what was going to happen less than twelve hours later. But of course she had no more insight into that than the rest of us. I do remember she didn't seem to want to take the editor's challenge. The other thing I remember was that the SPAM museum in Austin, MN, was supposed to open on 9/11. That was on CNN, too, so it was national news, and we wanted to go see it. But of course the grand opening was canceled. Actually, I found out later they had a soft opening on 9/11 and a grand opening later on, due to the crisis. It's so odd the inconsequential things you remember when some other huge, unrelated event happens.

Hang on, FW, cool weather is coming. It's cool here anyway, so maybe it'll make it over your way. I opened up the house and the cats and dogs are glued to the storm door leading to the front deck, where all the chipmunks and squirrels run by to get to the feeders. Oh, well, it'll give them something to do all day. I'm so mean to them.

Today's ta-done is I modified the last three boxes I dragged home, so now all the pull-outs are ready for me to move into in the new craft cabinet. I also covered the fronts of them with a nickel's worth of Contact paper so everything is completely done, unless I can find some kind of container to put my yarn winder in. It's such a weird shape and has to fit into another weird shape, it might have to just sit in there, which would be okay. Now I can put away yarn and maybe get rid of some pails and totes it's in now, plus Husby won't have to complain about the boxes sitting around on top the tool cabinet now. It's good to have that chore done.

Still to do, make salads and cut up watermelon. And try to figure out the stupid phones. Don't know if we had lightning last night or not. Maybe something got zapped. I hope to get a little sewing done, too. I'm exhausted again, running the canine assisted living facility. Sugar got me up at two and didn't settle down again till about six, so I was up with her all that time.

1901 - 1920 of 4061 Posts