Registered
1,845 Posts
I am planning to do coupons this year.
Love extreme couponing shows!

Reactions: NikoSan999

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I keep track of all coupons and also include things like reward bucks. Last year I only saved about $300 and in 2014 it was over $600 so definitely slacking.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I want in! When I consistantly do this, I do save alot! Although I do end up buying things I wouldn't normally buy, because "they are so cheap" So I need to find a balance this year! But I do want to keep track of this!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I saved $6.75 at the grocery store today with my coupons. Something's better than nothing, but I like to be higher on that! Not great sales/coupon match ups for me this week on the type of things we normally buy.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I use coupons regularly but have never kept track of the saved amount. Since I am doing the grocery budget challenge I think I will keep track of the coupons too. I am to the point where I only cut the ones that I know I will use. I used to cut them all and then use them.....no real savings there.

Luckily we have one store that doubles any coupon up to .99

I havent been to the store yet but will start posting as I save.

I always thought it would be a good idea to put the savings each week in a jar but I can never seem to swing it. Maybe put 1/2 the monthly savings total away towards Christmas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Late joiner. But joining. I dont use alot of coupons because of the type of food we eat. But sometimes I do use them if I can get my kids some treats super cheap or free. I do however use rebates, point systems, reward bucks and shop great online finds :) I plan on keeping track of everything this year!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ok love this challenge. I am going to figure this out today and post what I have saved so far. I am going to include my rebate apps on my phone. I need to write out a to do list today. Everyone home today because of the weather. I didn't want to drive 44 miles to work for training in a blizzard. Thank you 15 years of not abusing sick/personal leave:)

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't track January.. well I did but didn't total them and I've thrown away the receipts.

So far in February I've saved $41.95 in coupons/store sales.

·
Super Moderator
19,576 Posts
We only use a few coupons a week, local store coupons, not national coupons, so I don't usually have anything worth mentioning on this thread.

I did use a coupon code yesterday when I ordered some seeds from Burpees, so the free shipping code saved me $6, which is a crazy amount for two packets of seeds and a little seed sower that doesn't weigh anything.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We only use a few coupons a week, local store coupons, not national coupons, so I don't usually have anything worth mentioning on this thread.

I did use a coupon code yesterday when I ordered some seeds from Burpees, so the free shipping code saved me $6, which is a crazy amount for two packets of seeds and a little seed sower that doesn't weigh anything.
That counts :)

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
3 stores over the weekend.

Over the weekend I blew it. Total over 3 stores was $108.81. That brings my monthly total to $240.28 and I have to stop tonight for milk and a few things I couldn't get while I was out over the weekend. Goal was $200. Just out of so much.

The cashier at Walmart didn't know how to price match boneless skinless chicken breasts. Walmart $1.99 lb.. Save A Lot $1.49. I had 2 of the huge packs that are right at 5 lbs each... so 10 lbs of chicken. She kept trying and finally gave up. I told her I didn't want her to get into trouble and she said this is the only way I know how to do it. So each 5 lb pkg was... wait for it... yep.. $1.49. So 10 lbs for $2.98 TOTAL. I tried to the point I feel no guilt.

Sales, coupons and screwups came to $79.18. Total savings, sales and that screw up totals $121.13 for the month so far. I'm stopping tonight at PUblix for milk and a couple sale items I couldn't get earlier and Have coupons for that.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My stop at PUblix Monday was $32.24 with an additional $24.90 in sales, BOGO's and coupons.
Coupon etc for month so far is now $146.03

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
I never have price matched. It seems to annoying. I do stack though.
I saved $14. off $54. at Pet supplies plus on Cat canned food and paid $36. after sales and the scan card I have.

Been stockpiling like a fiend and prob. have over $1000? in sales/coupons/clearance/bottle returns/discontinued items/DD's groc. 10% discount at her work/and that buy 6 get the item cheap kroger deal. NOT doing the download free items as I have no phone and the WALMART printer took a dump. Been earning average $25-$40. in CC points that go back on the card and of course no interest because I pay it off weekly.
Of and Big Lots 20% off coupon days were great. I have hit their clearance area lately and cleaned up.
Also Gordon foods buy $50/get $5. off.

Forsters oil $19.99 coupon

hair cuts from Fantastic Sams coupons

And an arrangement w/ my vet 10% off all services but not meds.

And also discovered the junkyard down the street pulls parts and is full service repair (w/o warrenty on used parts but on work). Saved $700. incl. a new window that wasnt in the garage estimate. (not a coupon but...) Wow.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love price matching if I don't have to fight every item. But if I'm in the mood to argue eh... Saved a sh$$ ton last year doing it. I'd say during the spring last year when I was doing it and the couponing plus stacking together I did probably $1700 ( best count ) and paid no more than $400 including regular groceries / meat / fresh fruit / vegetables / taxables... but yeah... you have to have patience and be in the mood. Or in the mood to argue.

It was a lot better back then when Walmart would match PUblixs BOGO with Walmart prices but that ended.

Reactions: frugalwarrior2

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A couple days before end of February another grocery trip and another $8 in sales / coupons bring coupon / sale total to $154.03 for the month.

So... best I can figure is $494.30 in all groceries, HBA, pet etc and paid $340.27. Not to bad.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I had one of those cashiers this morning that wanted to treat me like a criminal of some sort because I used 12 or 14 printed coupons. I guess my irritation belongs less on her and more on the folks who try to scam that way, but I don't need to be treated with suspicion because I'm looking to trim costs!

Haven't checked in for w while, but my totals so far this year in coupon savings-
Jan- $15.25
Feb-$10.25
March-$11.90 (so far)

The coupons (I'm only doing the printable ones at the moment) seem really hit-or-miss with my store's sale items, and I haven't been in the drugstore 'game' or to Shaw's in a while. I'm also trying to up my Aldi shopping, and they don't accept coupons. So on one hand I wish I were saving more with coupons, on the other I'm happy I'm doing what makes sense for us right now.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Went to Publix last night for their sale. BOGO's etc. Read my post in Grocery Budget for my rant about my old lady friend.
Anyway... Paid $71.23 and saved $71.54 in sale, BOGO's and coupons

T otal saved for month so far is in siggy... think it was $76.76

Reactions: khaski
1 - 20 of 40 Posts