Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 602 Posts

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Frugal Challenge
This is about keeping yourself on track. About finding ways to pat yourself on the back and celebrating all the frugal things you've done. Inevitably, this leads to sharing of ideas.
Post whatever you do that's frugal. This is whatever is frugal to you. This can include - clipping coupons, selling on eBay, dumpster diving, turning off lights, turning the heat down, changing your own oil, foraging for wild berries, comparison shopping, cooking from scratch, calling the phone company to negotiate a different package, buying generics, taking surveys for money - whatever you can come up with! All frugality is welcome!

·
Registered
870 Posts
I'm in too!

Reactions: NikoSan999

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
A way to stay focused on frugal living and accountable for our day to day choices. I get ideas from others by how they are living their frugal life. I see there are two frugal challenges started for 2016. Can we combine the two?

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A way to stay focused on frugal living and accountable for our day to day choices. I get ideas from others by how they are living their frugal life. I see there are two frugal challenges started for 2016. Can we combine the two?
Kim where is the other one? Can you link to it here? Did I start both?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I am in too !!!!

·
Registered
870 Posts
I've marked my calendar for the first week of January to remember to write down my frugal activities! Keeping them in constant view will likely help keep me motivated!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Well not sure if this is frugal but I think it is. I am going cold turkey Jan. 2 smoking. savings of $ a lot. I also, drink a ton of iced tea and cutting back a lot, replacing with water and lemons, and limes. Savings of Sugar and cost of red rose tea bags.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I want to join! It's been a while, but I feel I need to jump back on the band wagon. I have strayed for too long.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Well not sure if this is frugal but I think it is. I am going cold turkey Jan. 2 smoking. savings of $ a lot. I also, drink a ton of iced tea and cutting back a lot, replacing with water and lemons, and limes. Savings of Sugar and cost of red rose tea bags.
Oh NO Buckeye...I thought you quit smoking years ago no? I'm sorry if I have you confused with someone else.

I quit almost 9 years ago on April 7th my 40th Birthday...was not planned just couldn't breath and I knew if I kept smoking almost 3-packs a day I would not see my fella's grow up! I never looked back and I never will...

Wishing you all the best my cyber friend.:hug2:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Not a lot of frugality today. But I am staying in tonight instead of going out to celebrate. My sister, in a city 2 hours away, is having a party which would have been fun but I work tomorrow. Some of my family staying in hotels. Saving on gas,hotel etc. I did allow myself a diet coke today for bringing in the New Year, and no I will not be restarting a bad soda habit. It doesn't even taste that good anymore.
-dh is saving information for various auto insurances he is getting in the mail, he is planning on shopping around again for the best deal.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Good luck on quitting smoking. I quit almost 10 years ago using Chantix. I didn't think it would work so my heart really wasn"t in it but it worked. It is probably the single greatest thing I have done in my life that stuck. If I could have the same luck with losing some weight I would be all set.

Stick with it.................you can do it.

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Frugal things today...

~ I prepared an impromptu New Year's party with leftover ingredients in the house. Did not have to go to the store once!
~ Invites were sent by email and phone.
~ Games were provided by guests.
~ Sewed more on the sanitary napkins for African women, using up old quilting cotton and some PUL from a friend.
~ leftovers for lunch.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
brenda67 I did quit, then of course, began again when I was having a ton of stress, huge mistake, I smoke a little less than a pack a day, today is my last day, I am joining Planet Fitness, and going to exercise with my adult daughters, cost of planet fitness is only $10 a month. Cost of my smokes, about $5.00 a day. Wish me luck. Also, DH and I have put all of our credit cards in the safety deposit box. We will no longer be tempted to use them if we don't have them in our wallet. I also, have reread my frugal books and will continue to be frugal.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
-left overs for work lunch
-supper from ingredients in the freezer, including previous meals that had been frozen.
-worked the holiday which is double pay
-stayed home last night and today except for work.
-dh called anther home insurance company yesterday and they can't beat what we all ready pay
-respite client states his bedroom here is cooler than he is used to. He is not too cold though. I told him I'd get him more warm blankets and he was happy with that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am in for the year! Today I didn't go anywhere! No gas used in the car. No money spent. Will be cutting back on expenses this year. In way too much debt! So tomorrow or monday...I will be stopping my gym membership that I don't use, and also turning off the cable. Those two alone will be saving me over $200 a month! I need that for other bills! I plan on cutting corners every way I can!

1 - 20 of 602 Posts