Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To quote Spirit Deer, 'Whether you track your daily steps using a Fitbit, pedometer, by the mile, by the minute, or any other way you prefer, join us on this thread! Let's see how well we can all do at making exercise into a regular habit, and maybe improving our fitness as we go.

This challenge is not a competition, so it doesn't matter how many or how few steps you want to set as your goal. You don't even have to make your goal public! Just check in to make yourself accountable, get some encouragement toward attaining your goals, or maybe give some encouragement to others.

Ready? GO!".

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Work has a incentive for walking. We earn points ( not yet sure what the points actually get us )

Three ways to earn points
When you walk 300 steps in 5 mins 6 times a day

Or 3,000 steps in 30 mins once a day

Or 10,000 steps in A day

I am trying to figure out how to make this work during the work day.

Reactions: NikoSan999

·
Registered
565 Posts
DH had the point incentive this year. He was able to get me a free fitbit, plus $80 in Amazon gift cards. With the fitbit, I have been trying to keep up the 10,000 steps each day, taking Sundays off as a day of rest. That will be my continued goal here too.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I have a fitbit also. On work days, I sometimes get 7000 steps during the work day. My goal will be 9000 steps daily. I did get 11000 in yesterday walking a trail with dh for a couple miles after work.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I got a fitbit for Christmas so I need to get moving! I've had 2 knee surgeries in the last 13 months and know I need knee replacement but want to avoid that if I can! Walking is a big priority for me!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
is this the only exercise thread? I am not medically cleared for anything, even walking for exercise, except for using a recumbent bike. I ordered one I've been saving for today. Maybe I can track time or miles on it here? Or is there a better thread that's not just for walkers?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
9135 steps today. Needed to run in place and around the pool table several times to make my goal. :)

·
Registered
565 Posts
still maintaining my 10000+ each day. Still working on todays count. I do take Sundays off though. I have noticed some inches gone, and the scale is finally moving down a bit.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Bernice, I think you could track it any way you want. I look at this as a get moving thread. If I'm wrong, just tell me to leave. :)
I am going to go for 30 minutes of exercise a day. I usually walk, ride a stationary bike or do a workout DVD.

Got 60 minutes in today between the stationary bike and walking Beastie.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Work has a incentive for walking. We earn points ( not yet sure what the points actually get us )

Or 10,000 steps in A day

First day with this new tracker.
I earned all 3 points. Felt like all I did was walk all day.

Oh and the tracker counted steps during kinect video game dance with the family but did not count anything during the 30 min bike ride.

It sure is a stickler for step.

Forgot to add my tracker lets you know when the hour between 5 min walks is up. ( for the 300 step 5 mins)

That will be handy or annoying at the office. To be determined

Reactions: RABBIT and KimB

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
there's no point for me getting a Fitbit until I am cleared to walk for exercise but I've been hearing how they track your sleep and can help you sleep better. Do you guys have that function and does it actually work?

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
there's no point for me getting a Fitbit until I am cleared to walk for exercise but I've been hearing how they track your sleep and can help you sleep better. Do you guys have that function and does it actually work?
hubby has it on his fit bit and uses it. He has lended it to my daughter and I. It did tell us how we sleep. not sure it told us how to sleep better. We had to figure that out.

I did notice that it had an update and hubby does not have to tell it he is going to sleep it does it automatically I think. It also had a place to click that i suppose gave advice to sleep better. It also let you set sleep goals.

Reactions: Bernice

·
Registered
5,605 Posts

Or 10,000 steps in A day

Second day in. Row that hubby and I earned all 3 points each.

I am currently the leader on the leader board of average steps per day. I think the leader board only has those at hubby's work ( and spouses) who are using the tracker.

I also wanted to say grocery shopping was nearly 1,900 steps

Reactions: RABBIT and KimB
1 - 20 of 256 Posts