Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 5253 Posts

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most are familiar with this one and for those who are not....Post 3 things you want to accomplish the next day. They may be big or small as long as you want or need to accomplish getting them done. It can be as simple as mailing a letter or as big as changing a motor.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I ll be at least checking in. Sadly I don't always have the time/energy/structure to actually write a post. Because of my house/work situation I am just going to pop up when it suits me.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ll be at least checking in. Sadly I don't always have the time/energy/structure to actually write a post. Because of my house/work situation I am just going to pop up when it suits me.
You pop in whenever you can or want to. Everyone will be glad to see you when you do. :)

Reactions: TDN

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
RABBIT-WE WOULD HAVE COME AND GOTTEN YOU!!!!lol
I have been working like mad again to get the pantry straight and up to date,consolidated. Just missed the recycle guy w/ another bag-oh well. bit by bit.

well back to work. Will be posting progress just to push myself onward. I still ache from yesterdays twisty lifting.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
well I did pantry toss,pantry organize and move. Then I did nap.
So grateful for being inside. It is brutally cold and snaining so hard I thought the kitchen faucet was on and actually got up to see if the kitties turned it on.
Dh came home early and pulled the garbage cans out of the street-so windy too.
Ate my L.O. ham and also MacNcheese.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I definitely need this challenge to get my housework cleaning done. If I'm going to be checking into the frugal village daily anyway I might as well use this challenge to get it done! Working 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m, 5 days a week at this time. Since I am new to this challenge I'll just start on this new thread.
So by bedtime tomorrow I will ...
1) get laundry washed , dried and put away
2)declutter the desk
3)clean the refrigerator- throw out past prime condiments
-I'm going to cheat a little and also put this list out for dh and see what happens :)

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
due to the unpredictability of my medical situation, I'm going to use this as a place to hold myself accountable for at least one thing, even if small, to accomplish in 1 week. If I start zipping along, I'll lower it to get everything done in 3 days or bigger projects to accomplish in the week.

my first is to get financial papers delivered to the lawyer, check in with insurance company and pay bills. Should be done today, must be done by Friday.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Going to see if my Kohls cash is valid yet-I think tomorrow. I want more of the lt. flannel night gowns I had gotten myself for Chrsitmas

Continuing to work on the pantry
Need to put some Chrsitmas away and vaccumn
Need to sweep stairs
wash a load of jeans

The weather is better because the rain melted the snow to slush. My van seat was wet so when i dropped DD off-so is my behind.lol

·
Registered
581 Posts
I don't usually post here, but I'll try for awhile. I normally just do things when I get the urge. Some days I do a lot, some days I do nothing at all!
Here's what I NEED to do today:

Load dishwasher and generally clean kitchen
Gather up piles of cardboard boxes from Christmas and get them to the curb for tomorrow's garbage pick up
Sweep leaves out of garage

·
Super Moderator
19,695 Posts
I think Kohl's is one of those stores that mark prices up so they can mark them down, so it looks like more "savings". Our local Shopko does that too. Like I'd ever pay $30 for two air-bake cookie sheets in this universe or any other, but the $10 "sale price" was okay. :) Just my cynical opinion.

Today I got 24 shields all cut out for the DfG project, so those are ready to sew. I used up a couple good-sized chunks of fabric, so that's a win for my sewing room. Still have to cut bags and liners. I'm debating if I want to do all the cutting and then all the sewing, or just do it in batches based on what needs to be sewed.

I'm sort of coasting through my day.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
So glad I got one of my 3 to do's done last night. Needed to stay over an extra 4 hours at work today and came home at 6:30 exhausted. I cleaned out the fridge and decluttered the desk top but did what my dad would call a half-assed job. (Pardon the language)
I'm going make 2 to do's on my work days, and 4 on my day's off and see how that works out for me.
My new list:
1)take quick inventory of what is in freezer above the fridge. Want to base next weeks meals on what is in it (respite client coming tomorrow thru the 6th)
2)file or discard the paper piles on the desk

1 - 20 of 5253 Posts