Frugal Village Forums banner
4041 - 4060 of 5253 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,064 Posts
We decided to blow up the sewing room this morning after all. I couldn't stand the new bookcase cluttering up the family room, and couldn't stand not knowing how the move-in was going to go, so we did it. I have stuff piled all over in there now but at least the big pieces are in place and the changes have begun.
Before:

After:

I love it so far. Still have some mods to do and one very minor repair, plus making the center panel I removed into a usable door. All in good time.

Not sure what else I'll get done today, if anything.

·
Super Moderator
20,064 Posts
Yea, me! I finally figured out if I put a simple stand under the white wardrobe, I could put totes under it for more storage. Now I just have to locate the lumber out in the garage. I think I've figure out which totes I need, and I have them already, so I should be able to do this mod without spending any money.

Sounds like you've had a busy day, GB.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Got to finish my needlepoint first.

DH helped me and we got laundry done, house cleaned, and carpets shampooed. Only thing left to do is give the dogs a bath later.
I'm so excited with my new glasses I should be able to needlepoint again. I like to do these Klimt paintings transferred to needlepoint canvas. They are supposed to be made into pillows but that costs over $100 around here. GB- do you know a place that makes pillows out of needlepoint work, maybe a mail order place?

you got a ton done today!

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Bernice--Glad you got your glasses. I stepped on mine and they are bent. Time for a checkup anyway. Hope to get back into contacts. Haven't been able to wear them since my stroke. My SIL makes my needlepoint into pillows for me. I bet you could ask at a craft store or find someone that sews. My sewing is not as good as my SIL's.

Today I am working at the soup kitchen. Also gotta check on house insurance bill. Got a $3 coupon from CVS, so I'm going to check my other coupons and see if I have any cleaning products that I can get free. Tonight's dinner is breakfast casserole.

·
Super Moderator
20,064 Posts
We found out at 9:30 last night we had a big storm headed our way that was supposed to arrive a half hour later, so we scurried around getting our plants into safer situations. Luckily, we didn't get the 60 mph winds and quarter-size hail they were forecasting, but did get almost two inches of rain. That's okay. That doesn't damage anything but our driveway.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hi!! Things are busy here. We have friends coming in for a visit next weekend and I've been in a flurry running around getting the house set, summer is winding down for the oldest DGD and we've been trying to cram in what fun we can before it ends. Man, summer went fast.

I ordered a new freezer that's coming today. Our old freezer at the old house is 30 years old and we decided we will let it go with the house. It's working just fine but being that old it's only a matter of time before it does kick off and we hit a great sale on a freezer so I went ahead and got it. I told DH knowing the way things work with us is the old freezer would due unexpectedly and we'd be running around trying to find a replacement at a good price that could be delivered immediately because we don't have a truck and everything will be slowly defrosting. Not a good scenario! So this is good.

Better hustle, freezer guys coming soon and I need to get showered. Been a little lazy this morning!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi!! Things are busy here. We have friends coming in for a visit next weekend and I've been in a flurry running around getting the house set, summer is winding down for the oldest DGD and we've been trying to cram in what fun we can before it ends. Man, summer went fast.

I ordered a new freezer that's coming today. Our old freezer at the old house is 30 years old and we decided we will let it go with the house. It's working just fine but being that old it's only a matter of time before it does kick off and we hit a great sale on a freezer so I went ahead and got it. I told DH knowing the way things work with us is the old freezer would due unexpectedly and we'd be running around trying to find a replacement at a good price that could be delivered immediately because we don't have a truck and everything will be slowly defrosting. Not a good scenario! So this is good.

Better hustle, freezer guys coming soon and I need to get showered. Been a little lazy this morning!
Smart move leaving the old freezer where it is. We did the same with two of our ancient 40+ (not kidding - they were that old!) freezers when we moved. The new owners were happy to keep the old freezers and we were happy not to have to move them!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hi guys!! Quick check in, busy busy with canning and filling in sprinkler trenches! What a pain, and the dirt sure doesnt go back in like it came out!! We dont even have the front done yet, havent even started on the back, all of us are so sore and tired, but on we go!

RABBIT, Oh how I have missed you! I ran the dishwasher in your honor, I know it will make you smile!! hugs cant wait to see you back!

TDN, Oh my, such wonderful news with your Dad, like SD said, stay positive!!

Bernice, you have such wonderful news with seeing again! I am so happy for you! Hows your DDad doing?

Hiikr. WTG with the freezer, ha it will be empty, we will have to do some serious cooking! Have fun with your friends!

EB, would you like a blue ribbon? I have several extra setting here, I can send you one if you want, just let me know which fair it was, LOL
I am so happy the fairs are winding down here, they kept us hopping this year!

ILC, I sure hope you are feeling better, now is not the time to catch a cold etc, you have not been feeling good for awhile now.

SD, You and your bargins! You sure have someone watching over you! That piece is just beautiful and has alittle of everything! I'm sure you are going to be really happy with it!!! and I have to say it, Boy you sure are the lucky one!! there I feel better!! hugs..

Tine, How are you doing? hows your BF's ankle, hope better, now what this about a cake? Chocolate?

Gbug, I am so jealous, I wish my house was that clean, my carpet needs cleaning so bad.

Niko, you still doing ok? Been thinking about you. Be careful with all the talk of those storms. hugs

Hi to ones I missed

I have been so busy canning and helping the kids. I have my canning racks almost full for the winter, how working on tomato sauce, spagetti sauce, and I'm done. Hopefully I have enough jars for it all. It makes me feel good to have all those jars, specially after my BFF losing her Mom, she had all kinds of jars put away for her, if something happens to me they have all this for awhile. Got all the garlic in storage, came up with a final total of 173 heads. not bad, and they are a good size. I had to freeze several heads, we let them dry alittle too long, and the skins split open. Also pulled all the onions and spread them out for drying, so have onions to last maybe until Feb.- Mar. they look really good. pulling out the cukes and zuchinni, only got 2 off of each one, its not worth watering if they wont produce. Also got all my peppers seeded and froze.

Been helping fill trenches for the kids, ha we dont even have the front done yet, the back hasnt been touched. I fill in dirt, pack, fill in, it sure doesnt go back in like it came out! It will be nice, all the have to do is set it and the water will come on and off when they want. I wanted one too until now, I'll just set the sprinkler out and move it.
The plumber called and wants to do the pipe in their basement, but the kids asked him to wait until they are done with the sprinler system.

I have been so tired I just hit the hay at night, get back up and start again, I will be thankful when this slows down, but after this is done we hit the rental, we need to get it rented before winter. so I dont know how much I will be here for awhile.

today
finish off tomato sauce
make cherry crumb pie, nope no cake
grocery list, havent hit the store for awhile.

Have a great day!!

·
Super Moderator
20,064 Posts
I need to dream up something for supper, too.

I spent the last hour tidying in the sewing room and I think I have all the fabrics corralled for my Girls and also for the babies in long flat totes that fit on top of my small wardrobe in there. I also transferred some beading stuff from some plastic shoe boxes to a different container. Three shoe boxes are a perfect fit under the drop-down in the new cabinet, with very little wasted space, always my goal. There's room inside the drop-down for all the embroidery machine's accessories, freeing up the shelf for the shoe boxes. Not sure what I'll put in the shoe boxes yet but I'm sure they'll come in handy for something.

I consolidated some other containers and freed up three of those in a wall cabinet, making even more space.

I need to sew today and my poor serger is still buried. And why doesn't my spell checker know how to spell serger? Spell checkers will never take the place of educated human eyes. :)

·
Registered
666 Posts
Pinetree, I baked chocolate cookies :D My BF's ankle is still sore, but it's much better. My mom and I started the therapy. I think it's good for us. How much more do you have left canning? You must have a huge garden.

I had my first day back in school after my leave today. If I'm not posting for a couple of days, it's probably cause I'm busy studying, but I'm not leaving.

We did a lot of laundry and dishes it the last couple of days.

·
Super Moderator
20,064 Posts
Mmmm, chocolate cookies with peanut butter chips. Maybe I'll get Husby to make some tonight.

I finally got the dishwasher going and washed a rack full by hand while I was at it.

I emptied two totes that were full of yarn and put them into one tote. I found some more yarn to knit baby gowns with but that's okay because I was out of yarn for knitting while I travel. It's not a lot of yarn but it'll keep me busy for a while on day trips and stuff.

I have four matching totes like the yarn was in, and I filled up all four with stuff for Days for Girls and the baby gowns. They all stack nicely on top the small wardrobe in the sewing room. I hate stacked totes because the one I need is always on the bottom, so I might build some kind of rack someday so they'd each slide out, like drawers with lids since they're the long flat kind of totes. That would work much better. But I like the arrangement so far. I'm also emptying out mismatched containers and trying to move as much as possible into matched containers because it's so much easier to utilize space better with stuff that stacks well together and fits the space it has to go into.

My biggest problem in there is still all the little stuff. It's hard to keep track of tiny things and then remember I have them, much less know where they are. But I'll figure that out, too.

I'm finding more stuff than I thought I would to give to GW.

It's a great day so far. :)

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Tine, oh that sounds So good! chocolate!! I think I will make some later in the week, maybe month?!!
We have several large gardens. Plus we have the cherry tree grove, raspberry and garlic patch. I love gardening, but am having a real problem taking care of it now. But I sure wont give it up yet.
I still have a mess of tomatoes, then My BFF was talking about getting 2 bushels of green beans and putting them up too. The I need to dehydrate, garlic, onions, chives, parsley, etc. so I will be at it for awhile, plus Dh says my racks are getting full. I want to make Gbugs jam too, and looks like the pear tree is ripe, so here we go with pears again, Yippee! I'm still working on tomatoes!!

Wtg with going to school, check in when you can. hopefully they don't over load you!

SD, yea, its looking good! Soon you will be able to find anything!!

I'm waiting for tomatoes to get here, they are in the kids freezer, nice break.. but they are here.....

4041 - 4060 of 5253 Posts