Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's add up all that spare change and make it work for us! You can start fresh or add to what you've already got, but this is the place to help track your spare change as it adds up. Any ideas what you'll use your year-end total for?

I plan to help pay off a little bit of debt. Every little bit helps, right?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I didn't make it to the bank with my change from 2016 and, to be honest, I've lost track of how much I had in the change jar, so I'll be starting fresh and just be surprised at the extra that's added on to my running total!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I think I am going to leave what is in Piggy,
pull it out to count, and then back in to track.

I am planning to use it for clothes replacements
for me.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I will count the change I have this week and then will add to it I don't get a lot of change for I use debit card or write a check.

Reactions: NikoSan999

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Counted change i had in change jar
$9.80 in dimes
$2.50 in nickles
$2.12 in pennies
------------------
$14.42
I have several Quarters haven't counted them may keep them out for car wash.
This is change i have had for 2 years or more.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Finally got piggy emptied and counted.

$14.75. I only count the silver change.
dh collects pennies so he gets all mine

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was excited to learn that my local bank has installed a coin machine in the lobby. It is free for customers and has a fee similar to a CoinStar machine for people off the street. I took a quart plastic deli container filled with quarters this week to test it out, mainly because I knew that the container had exactly $170.00 in it. The machine registered $169.25 and rejected three Canadian quarters!
Next month I will take the rest of my coin stash, no more rolling change in little paper tubes!!!

I have this free money set aside for a special treat, not sure what.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I had a little change leftover from last year. Didn't make my 2016 goal, but am determined to make the 2017 goal. So far I have about $25 saved so far. This is more change that I haven't counted and added to my jar. When the jar gets too heavy, I take it to the bank to cash in and put the bills into the jar. Last year, I kept dipping into it for this and that because I needed cash and didn't make it to the bank to get it and then never put it back. This year, the jar is off limits. My goal is to at least save enough to pay our personal property taxes at the end of the year. $350 or so. I think I can do it.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Count me in! I love this challenge and this year I want to make it work :) I'm in and right now my signature says how much I have in it and will update frequently.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I added
1 nickel
5 pennies
to change jar up to $14.52 plus i added back the.25 i had take out the other day to my Quarters

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Added $3.75 to piggy

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
1-21 added .90 cents which make me $15.42

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
1-27 Added a dime i found in car =$15.52

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Added $3.95 .. new total : $22.45

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
We cleaned out ds' car and found a bunch of change and some $$. It all went to my jar. I think I have over $80 in it now. I refuse to use change. I only spend bills, throw the change in my purse or cup holder. That's how my change adds up fast. I've been marking off the larger amounts first.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
2-28 finally got the change out my purse $1.54 up to $17.06

1 - 18 of 18 Posts