Registered
9,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone wanting to keep track monthly or yearly of what they save in coupons

I have to get mine figured.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I keep track but am bad about posting. Last year I saved a little over $565 and I wasn't trying very hard. I count all coupons, register rewards and my senior discounts :D

Reactions: NikoSan999

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I keep track but am bad about posting. Last year I saved a little over $565 and I wasn't trying very hard. I count all coupons, register rewards and my senior discounts :D
So do I. I count all of it. Savings is savings.

I totaled up January and all of it came to $115.53 best I can figure. Might have been a little more but Walfarts receipts don't make it very clear. I like Publix. Savings is right on the bottom.

None for February yet.

Reactions: wunsagin

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New month. No ones been playing ...

Publix shop today.
Spent $33.57
Sales/saved $`16.14

Dang near 50%

Reactions: ermadunk

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I do sort of keep a total in my spreadsheet. January-March in $50-$60 range. April was low at $36. May total $49 included $25 coupon on the car service. It helps.

I include purchases made using survey gift cards in with the coupons savings. Today I used a PETCO coupon for free bag of $9.99 dog food (specific brand.) Need to research before I decide to feed to my dog. If not, then it will be donated to the county pet food "pantry". Had to buy 1 item to get the free dog food. also, PETCO makes me pay the 6% sales tax for some reason. Some other stores don't. Total spent $4.30 for 1 item & taxes.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I just checked dogfoodadvisor.com and the free bag rates pretty well, so I am going to start mixing it in w/ current dog food. Lucky break.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
II include purchases made using survey gift cards in with the coupons savings. Today I used a PETCO coupon for free bag of $9.99 dog food (specific brand.) Need to research before I decide to feed to my dog. If not, then it will be donated to the county pet food "pantry". Had to buy 1 item to get the free dog food. also, PETCO makes me pay the 6% sales tax for some reason. Some other stores don't. Total spent $4.30 for 1 item & taxes.
I count everything. Coupons, BOGO's, free. gift cards from points... if I had one for $ off an oil change I'd count it too. Like you said. All of it counts and saves.

I'd really like to keep track of a whole year but I've tried .. 3 years? .. in a row. I never make it to the end of the 3rd month if that long. I know it's good so I'll settle for that.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Today I bought a 4# box of table salt for $1.00. It was marked down due to package damage. I would say that is probably 1/2 off at least & will last me probably a couple years. Hit big lots & got some snack foods. Rice cakes 90 cents, pretzels & chips 50 cents. Also got cover girl mascara for $1.50.
After reading back through this, I think I need to record stuff on a spread sheet to keep a running total...

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
$10 "garden club" e-mail coupon at Home Depot off $100 purchase. Will have to go back tomorrow for more supplies but it should not cost so much the next trip.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Grocery shopped today. 2 free items ($8) at store A although not stuff I would normally buy. About $19 of "coupons" at store B. Spent $50 overall so pretty good.

Saturday I used $38 in Macy's gift & return cards toward a new purse. Also used about $10 of Starbucks gift card to treat friends to coffee & danish.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Wow, total "saved" for this month looks like $136 including using up gift cards. I am through spending this month except for parking at the new job. No discount there....

·
Registered
62 Posts
I haven't really been keeping track, but this month:

CVS last Monday - Spent $17, saved $13
Bath and Body Works this weekend - Spent $58, saved $98

TOTAL = $75 spent, $111 saved = 68% savings?

I'm impressed with the Bath and Body Works, that was a good sale and I had used a 20% off $25 or more purchase.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts