Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 1284 Posts

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year!

Here's how this works and everyone is Welcome.

1) List 3 things you want to get done, make it as big or as small as you want.

2) You have 24 hours to get it done.

3) Mark them off and start over again.

Sticky please - Thank-you!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Happy 2017!! Hope everyone had a fun night..

Today
bring in all outside lights
take down tree, wreath
vacuum
set up card table for puzzle
having Cornish game hens, artichokes, bakes potato, german chocolate cake for dinner.

Have a wonderful day!

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Went to church
Tried take a nap had company come in for few min.

Will post what i plan on doing Monday Jan 2
1- Try get freezer reranged so i know what i have got
2- same thing to pantry
3-sweep up all the floors

h

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
washed the 1 small appliance bar and everything on it
napped w/ kitty still in heat
made the porterhouse steaks w/ mushrooms,rolls,baked potato,milk and a choc. chip cookie-everything was amazing-I dont think I ever had porterhouse steak before? I have enough for dinner tomorrow.
watched the librarians w/ DH
let the dogs in and out 20 times.
DH hogged the washer all day so I guess i'm up tomorrow.

Tomorrow
clean out kitchen pantry
finish other kitchen appliance bar. possibly the ceiling fan.
need to hand wash a bunch of dishes.
maybe hit the other groc. for Bertoli and a few things I forgot.

·
Registered
10,360 Posts
DH is home from work today so I probably won't get as much done as planned. Over the weekend I thawed and chipped off several inches of ice buildup in our deep freezer. And the following morning it was rimed over again. Had a few casualties, like I forgot I had popsicles in there, and the Rhodes dinner rolls thawed and then froze into one solid lump. That cleared a lot of usable storage space and I am reorganizing it, like stacking all the frozen dinners, and putting the bags of vegetables together, all the chicken on one shelf.

Today I am going to thaw some ground chicken and ground beef and make a small batch of chili dog sauce and some chicken lettuce cup filling.

Also:

January menu calendar
file 2016 papers
pay bills, write checks
clean inside car

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fw, LOL drink coke, its got enough caffeine!! Tea isn't far behind coffee, well unless its caffeine free.

The 1st day of the New Year was amazing, My brother called, we talked for 3-1/2 hours.. I miss him so bad...we missed so many years I wish we lived closer.. but...
heard from my BFF.
We had the most beautiful sunset last night it was just beautiful.
We got all the Christmas stuff put away, even the outside lights, Yippee!
Had a beautiful dinner with the kids.
I couldn't ask for more..

Today I get to watch the Rose Parade, My Uncle use to have a float in it years ago, so I still love watching it.

Have a bunch of guys heading south, trying to get the first tornado of the year, I hope is doesn't get too bad down there, it looks nasty now...

ILC, keep your eyes open , its at your back door. Should be raining there now.

Today
watch parade
dust
work on a meal plan, another words , copy most of CH's menu, plus look at some others for fillers,,lol

Have a fantastic day Everyone!

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
pinetree, I'm so happy you had a wonderful day! And hearing from your brother AND your friend---wow, that's awesome! And Christmas is packed away and a good meal. You know that whatever you do on New Year's Day is what you'll be doing all year long (superstition I've always heard) so you're going to have a fabulous 2017.:vs_clap:

Happy New Year's, everyone!

We've had several inches of rain over the weekend and it's going to get worse today and tonight. Last night we had lots of thunder and lightning. Every time I woke up during the night I could hear the rain. And now snow is again being forecast for Saturday. Who knows? It's winter in Georgia!

Yesterday was a lazy day except for cooking. I watched Harry Potter movies on TV and Sherlock on PBS last night. Oh, that Benedict Cumberbatch is awesome. And his voice....

For Monday:

1) Finish paying January bills
2) Do some laundry
3) Clean our bathroom finally
4) Look at the week's appointments, etc., with DH

·
Registered
671 Posts
Great news Pine Tree!

I got all the inside Christmas stuff packed away properly, other than the linens. The outside lights are going to be moved to the back deck, so leaving them where they are for now. Did my shopping, dishes & worked,
Tomorrow
Put up set of shelves I just bought to organize storage closet
Start packing up bathroom
Load of laundry
Work 8 hrs
Dinner will be ribs left over from Sunday, with sweet potatoes cooked in pressure cooker

1 - 20 of 1284 Posts