Frugal Village Forums banner

201 - 220 of 1284 Posts

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Federal holiday today, so DH is home. We have dense fog and rain. No reason to go anywhere today. Ought to get the last of the christmas stuff put away before next week and finish laundry.
Also have some cold cuts to portion and freeze.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
Gbug, hope that works on that eye. Trouble just got rid of his antibiotics for an eye infection.

CH, yep, getting mad only hurts the one that's mad, be in peace with low blood pressure! lol.. glad the storm missed you.

erma, those corn muffins sure sound good! yum, maybe with some chili... ummm.

FW, I don't know about down in Texas but here in Co, you cant find a vet that will let you make payments. They want cash or a card.
Our baby food doesnt have any onion powder of onions.

AB, Wtg on your meat for the freezer!

Tine, Did you get it turned in ok? Hoping for a good grade... and some rest..

ILC
???

Hi to everyone I missed..

It snowed again last night, this one is a heavy one, about 4 inches, but it weighs like its 12. We are suppose to clear out this afternoon, but I'm sure Kansas and Nebraska doesn't need any of this.. whoo hoo, neighbor is here plowing out the driveway.. I need to bake him something really good! ( bet he'd rather have the case of beer!)
DH, caught me up on laundry, cleaned the bathroom, swept the kitchen floor so I can have an easy day..

today
find things for tamales, don't have the energy to make them.
work on a job
stay warm.. It sounds like everyone around me is getting sick again....
lol, so not much of anything...

Stay warm and safe

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Got corn muffin made put in freezer filled up med.box checked air filter it didn't need changing empty dw put some more dishes in tomorrow list is
1-wash dish towe,l potholders, napkins, table cloth and table runner
2-sew some buttons on a summer blouse
3-sew seam up under arm of another summer top you see i am ready for summer to get here

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
pinetree-some of the vets here have credit and of course I have so many I have owed for a minute. I had a super hard time! Of course I want meat but not seasoned too much and now pooper says not cold so I will still to te smallest jars.

Kinda bummed today. Sucked up the water 2x and it got the cord of the freezer,my new $857. freezer,so I bypassed the cord and am letting it dry. The freezer is plugged into the wall plug w/ a small surge protecter. The light is on but i dont hear it riunning. Dh told me how to bypass the furnace too but this too is a game thats getting old. I think I am getting a cold and its making me whiny. DD cant come over because the kids there have strep. Gosh I love January-not. ok done whining. Need to diet tomorrow and make a comfort food.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Well, cat is much better. Don't know what it is about the vinegar, but it must be working. I'm still paying on a vet bill for my dog's surgery to remove a tumor last year.

What a day yesterday at the soup kitchen. It started off with a guy stalking his girlfriend. She was trying to stay away from because he supposedly beats her. He began yelling at her that he was trying to get her off drugs and he knew that she had drugs in her truck outside. The sheriff deputy was dealing with that when all of a sudden clients were running in from outside saying that a guy was in a car running into everything. Come to find out, he was drunk and tried to run over clients. In the process, he hit a volunteer's Lexus and moved it about 150 yards, backed into a tree. He saw the deputy and took off and turned onto a one-way street going the wrong way and hit another car. He got out and ran away. Later he came back to the parking lot and was standing behind a fence talking to some of the people when the deputy called local police and arrested him. What a day!

Not feeling great today. I woke up coughing. I have to make a CVS run, go to Target for a baby gift, lunch with retired teachers, and then to Joann Fabrics to purchase a pattern for doll clothes. I have a 50% coupon. Making turnip soup(the jury is still out) and lemon cream pie for dinner.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Wow GB, what a crazy day!

It is cold, foggy and grey here, but above freezing.

I have dentist appt this afternoon. Soup for dinner, not sure what kind yet. Have a chicken to pick, might make another batch of pot pie filling for the freezer if there is time. Need to make a pass through the fridge and clean out anything that got old. Have cold cuts to portion out and freeze for DH.

I traced my missing packages as far as the local post office where they were supposed to be delivered, and vanished. Too many people with sticky fingers out there, :( Going to try and get one replacement out today and the other tomorrow.

As far as I know I'm still having surgery next Monday even though no one has returned any of my calls about it. Proceeding with phase 3 of the preparations, fresh food, canned biscuits, postage stamps, gas in the car, all the little errands I do that will drive DH crazy if he had to do them.

A reminder, folks, if it matters to you, the price of first class stamps goes up this weekend. USPS Announces 2017 Postage Rate Increase – Access Worldwide

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
CH-honestly on all counts.

So the flood indoors continues in the front but a slow seep. The sewer is holding fine,the freezer didnt short out and the fan was going last night,the furnace has been running as well as it does. So i get up and its really been raining hard and the whole yard is a puddle on the ice. the retaining pond is full to the brim. So far no water in from it but prob. by tomorrow?? We need that french drain and a winning lottery ticket to go w/ int.lol So dang sick of babysitting this house. Dh is like IDk what to tell you just hook up the pump outside if the window fills. I relish the idea of plugging in electricity while it rains standing in water.hoo boy!

Going to make tacos today. I have the meat predone so i will just warm it w/ BBQ sauce. Very eary.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
GB-is it really safe to work there??

Tomorrow is Mikeys shots day i may trade w/ Hunter and let DH do Mikey as he needs his harness and IDK if I can get him "saddled up". The vets on a semi busy road so I live in fear of him over powering me because he's a goof. And ending up hit. He's too much dog for me because he was supposed to be Ds's.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
hey guys, been sleeping and trying to get rid of this creeping crud.. for some reason its not working.

I signed up for a couple online classes, so that will keep me busy for a few days, wish I could put them off for a week or so.

Hey Niko, the business is picking up, hoping yours is doing the same thing!!

Trying just to keep up and checking in.. no list for today, I am just too tired..

have a good day.. be safe..

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Didn't get much done today did get the dish towels washed dryed and buttons sewn on blouse not sure what i will do tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
pinetree, what kind of classes? And way to go on the business.

To all who have been sick, are sick, or feel they're getting sick----it's January. Lots of flu here. DH still feels rough after his cold but some of it is just being sad about his sister's death. I had horrible vertigo yesterday and finally felt a little better after throwing up numerous times this morning at 2:30. DH was so sweet and took good care of me. Today he has slept a lot and I've just lounged around. Slugs, that's us. Today was my retired teachers' luncheon but I skipped it because there was no way I could drive. DH picked up a couple of Hot 'n' Ready pizzas for supper which was nice.

For Wednesday:

1) Errands----Walmart, maybe Piggly Wiggly, pick up Zaycon ground beef, bank
2) Church
3) Laundry
4) Mop
5) General pick up of the den and kitchen

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
FW2--It is very safe. We have a sheriff's deputy on duty at all times. This was a rare occurrence. We are also very close to the police station.

Pinetree--My allergies are in high gear. I woke up coughing and stuffy nose.

Today is very dreary and raining. I am doing laundry and getting a haircut later. DH and I will be going to the hospital tonight to be with his sister. His BIL had surgery this morning for cancer.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
GB-good to hear about the safety issues. So sorry about the cancer.
ILC-no fun. hope everything stabilizes today.Sorry you missed the luncheon

More water to suck up in the bsmt. Its drizzling even though it wasnt supposed to.
Hunty gets his shots at 2 pm today and i'll make Mikeys appt. then so i can get the new licenses soon. Even though I went down and got it all straightened out last year I got a notice for Yogi. So upsetting.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 ·
Gbug, I hope you feel better soon! The guys around here are having that trouble too, I am so glad I don't have that, it looks like it can be mirerable!

I'm so sorry about your BIL, hope everything is ok, sending up a prayer...

Tine, how did you do?

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I am having problems with my computer again i am hoping it keep working until i can get a few more bills paid off i have been squeezing ever penny i can to get out debt except morgage.Everyone have a good night.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
One good thing (sort of) today, the package I sent to Australia came back to me.

Grocery ads do not look great this week. Lots of junk food and snack items for football parties. I am pretty well stocked anyway.

Staying home tomorrow to sign for DH's package. Plan to finish up some sewing and make a couple of from-scratch salad dressings for next week. I am thinking a raspberry balsamic, a honey mustard and ranch.

Hope everyone has a better day tomorrow.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
GB-thanks but no sitting today.
I have been in a funk and just real waste the day.
So today I sucked up the water and I was moving this and that. I thought wait a minute. I am dumping 50% or more of the Christmas @ S.A. today or tomorrow at the latest. I have 4 trash bags. I have 3 old cat trees that were used and then well used here that i want to dump. It needs to be as empty as possible soonest. If i need a new furnace by spring and some other repairs it may as well be easier. I feel decent about this. AND better once its dropped off and trashed. Dh will fall over when he gets back next week!!

To do
work on bsmt
nap!!

201 - 220 of 1284 Posts