Frugal Village Forums banner

221 - 240 of 1284 Posts

·
Registered
9,542 Posts
Today started off well. Got some things cleaned up, put mail out, DH's box came. Called the hospital's main switchboard and actually spoke to a person, who confirmed I am still having surgery Monday and will get a call tomorrow evening.

Noticed I had lost a button off my shirt, but it was easily replaced with one out of my grandmother's button box. Bless her and her thrifty ways. Had a moment to think about how I am wearing something my grandfather once wore.

Went and did a little shopping, trying to get stuff together to make quiche mix for the freezer. The cashier accidentally scanned my cream on the ticket of the man in front of me and he said it was ok, he'd buy it for me. How kind. Got the honey mustard and ranch dressing made up.

But... I bought the wrong brand of snacks for DH. So tomorrow I will have to go out and return them and try a different store.

Supposed to meet with friends this weekend, trying to work that out. Someone thought it was Saturday night and some thought it was Friday, so schedules have to be examined.

FW, hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
CH-I'm ok. Just all these changes this last year and crowned off by Ds getting married out of the blue to a stranger.

So I got 5 bags of trash in the cans
Got most of the S.A. tubs on the front porch. But my lungs are complaining and sinus draining so sitting for awhile. I can reorg and dump tomorrow. TBH moms cookbooks are still in the back and i am very close to donating them. I only wanted the sad copy of Betty Crocker 1952 that we cooked out of. So IDK just yet.
I called DD and she is difficult to deal w/ at best. Last week her friends kids had strep so no cleanout. This week her friend is loopy off new bipolar meds.so no commitment to come over. I sympathize but ATM I am hexx bent on losing some bulk of clutter. When she was here she worked hard but round #2 need to begin soon. IK that I'm going to have to start tossing on Sun for Mon. pickup. ID want to.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Feeling awful again. These allergies are kicking my butt. Suppose to be in the 70s again today. Enough with the temperature changes. Robins are even flying around. Every creature is confused.

Was suppose to go to the soup kitchen and a retirement reception today, but that's not happening unless a miracle flies over in the next hour.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
GB-Clariton is my side kick these days but it also makes me sleepy!

Got up early to the paycheck and transferred almost all of it to the savings. That completes the 10 month savings goal. I will buy about 460 worth of groc today but I could go w/o if i wanted. Craving fresh fruit.
-I may grill today if i cant get in in between the rains
-need to do DW load and 1 wash load
-quick shop
-already did Jan revised budget (prepaid electric and gas a few months),have a cable credit,waititng on the sewer. CC has a $10, credit left
-work more on the bsmt and drop load at S.A.

Maxx doesnt like the baby food now and it does smell worse than cat can food!!! so I am trying water added to the canned food. He just exists on air??

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Been sick with whatever DH had and it's not fun but this morning I woke up feeling better. Cooked breakfast, watched the inauguration, recorded recent expenditures, and have taken the recycling to the curb. For the rest of the day I need to deal with litter box, cook up some ground beef (from Zaycon) for the freezer, get a prescription refilled, and do 3 loads of laundry. The floors need mopping but it's been raining and this weekend will be rainy so that will have to wait till Monday.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
ILC-feel better. My floor are wood and white ceramic tile. The white tile was a "gift" from the previous owners. I have all these paws! It looks worse than a subway station because all the snow has melted and 2 days of rain. Mud form here to the front door. lol

I just worked so hard yesterday and then totally zoned. I watched the inaugeration but missed the 1st few min. so I will catch it again. I also napped and watched " A Bakery in Brooklyn" so cute. $6.99 but worth it. I let all the dogs lay in bed w/ me and they were so happy. IDK where the day went. OH.it sailed away on a cloud of Clariton!!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Today the first time we have had sun shine in i don't know when and it was warmer didn't wear a coat had air on in car going to town.woke up with sinus head ace but i had done made plans to go to sam with my daughter it was a busy place since this is only the second day since it open didn't like it as well as the one we us't go to but this one is at least 20 some miles closer and not bign able to find some things spent less money then i had planend on spending

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Gbug, have fun with the birthday gang. Sorry about the coughing.

erma, we're getting rain here and it's still warm but next week it's supposed to clear up and get cooler. But it's been nice not having to run the heat or the air for the last few days.

fw, I take a non-drowsy cheapie allergy tablet we buy at Sam's---it's generic Claritin, I think, called loratadine. Costs practically nothing and really helps.

pinetree, where are you?

Everyone, hi, have a great Saturday.

Today I have to finish laundry and clean our bedroom. Tomorrow we're dropping our cable company and having DirecTV installed and I don't want the installer to inhale all the dust that's in there. If DH will pick up all his stuff off the floor it'll make things much easier.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Ilc i hope you never got the storms that they were talking about on the news tonight.Loratadine is what my dr told me to get i have a lot of sinus and allergy meds so i never
bought it.Got all done that was on my list for today need start loading dw again.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
went thru DD's bathroom and trashed out 4 bags of old products and 1/2 used makeup after talking to her. Some of the wall lights arent working so its too dark to clean but that will be Sundays awful chore

To do tomorrow
cat boxes
dishes-DW
more bsmt redo
clean on the main bath upstairs w/ bleach.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Raining again today but next summer will probably be wishing for rain. Not planning on doing much cleaning today got fill up med box fill up water picture do a few things it is good day to take a nap.Everyone have a good day.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Need to buy some motivation today! Didnt sleep but 4 hrs again and I have a migraine. It is super foggy
I got the water out of the bsmt again-getting old fast but it seems slower?
Need to
-garbage out
-cat pans
Just want to sleep all day. I need to eat.

Everyone-hope your all having a fun day

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have been sick. The sores from my shingles are still not totally healed & it's going on a month. A week ago I woke up with a tight chest, that turned into bronchitis, another trip to the doctor, more steroids. With this second course of steroids, I got the side effect of not being able to sleep. Literally not sleeping at all. Finally after 4 days I slept pretty much the whole night. So two nights of sleep & I am doing much better, but still a little weak feeling.
The construction is done for the most part! I did get enough energy to clean the tub & under the sinks where the plumbers left a mess. Haven't put anything back into the room yet. My whole house is covered by a thin layer of dust from the plaster work. If I felt better, I could have that cleaned up in no time, but it is slow going right now.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Winkie and GB feel better. I am dripping sweat after taking out the trash and doing most of the pans. There are still bags in that bathroom. My lungs wont tolerate it anyway. The garbage service is going to start complaining again and i cant blame them. I am gathering more for the S.A. but IDK when I'll take it.
DH is working like a crazy man. He had 60 hrs. before today started and will be there all next week. Pay will be good if he lives!.

DD is supposedly coming over for more of her mess and cleaning. We shall see.
Back to the mines.

221 - 240 of 1284 Posts