Frugal Village Forums banner

241 - 260 of 1284 Posts

·
Registered
9,636 Posts
Tomorrow is the big day. I am thoroughly convinced the surgery will be postponed until march or April, but we are going in early tomorrow anyway. I have a fridge full of healthy healing veggies that we will eat anyway, I made a menu plan this morning.

Trying to keep busy today. I did alright yesterday until about 3pm when the anxiety hit and I spent the rest of the day just trying not to throw up.

Sorry to hear everyone else is under the weather. Hope folks are feeling better soon.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
CH-best of luck. I hope they just get on w/ it and stop driving you nuts but they should have called from the hosp. by now and filled out paperwork w/ you??

D-cpa-a little quiet os good. I still have another week and have mixed feelings. Getting more done?

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Winkie, so sorry you've been so sick!
I bet you're happy about the house coming together.

Gbug and dlrcpa, hope your backache gets better quickly. Mine was hurting yesterday but today it's better. I think I just slept funny the night before.

CH, good luck with the surgery. How frustrating it's all been for you.

erma, sounds like you're keeping up with getting things done.

fw, way to go on getting some of the junk thrown out.

pinetree?????? You okay?

No damage here from rain and storms yesterday and today. The tornadoes hit way south of here today but so far no injuries. Last night 11 people died in our state because of tornadoes. Prayers, please.

This morning we went to church and breakfast and Walmart and then DH took his nap while I caught up on paperwork and watched the Falcons beat the Packers. We also had signed up to switch from cable to Direct TV but when the installer came, he couldn't get a clear angle to put the dish except in the front yard so we cancelled.

For Monday:

1) Finish Bible study homework; class 6:30
2) Put away clean laundry
3) Mop
4) Clean bathrooms
5) Maybe take DD and her fiance to lunch for his birthday
6) Reschedule dental appointment

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
HEY GB-how about taking your own advice0rest up w/ a book??

Raining lightly again so dogs are muddy,floor-ha!
DD said she was coming but who knows.
To DO
laundry-1 in dryer and need to do some bedding
2 loads of DW
1 cat box left
have a steak I didnt cook yet and L.O. Thai that should be used up for food today
need to shop for bits

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Gb-used to be for me too then health wise I just had no choice Whether its feet crramping,diabetic neuropathy,dizzyness from this meds,breathing issue I have to.So what i do is do a short job,sit,do a little more,go on the computer. All day all the time. Mostly I've come to accept something is better than nothing. I do have energy burst days and ususally pay teh next 2. But again acceptance.

Sorted more of the cleaning chemicals,giving several bottles of Tide free and Purex to Dd for the house she's living at. HE washers are a PITA and cant handle non HE detergents. So that and the Christmas stuff is sorted and donated. I have a stack of games and a few other things that need to be donated. I need to sort my housewares shelves. DH has a few mystery tubs I'm shoving back in his office-he'll be so happy. HIS stuff in HIS office is an ongoing theme. I imagine its books that need to go.
DD is here tossing things in her room. 1 bag has left. She is staying a few days to work. This is it though. I go in next. I need it empty by spring to redo it.

well back to either wash or DW,nap no not nap.lol

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I have been going through things today tossing things carried out a bag this afternoon will have another one tomorrow.Tuesday list mop, clean both Bath rooms carry out another bag trash.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
So DH handled the sewer snake out to the street $275. but the guy didnt do the snake from the middle drain the the line outside. DD did 1 wash and the whole bsmt in wet after i just got it dry. Its coming up thru the floor and such because it has no where to go. More $$. Because they GUARANTEE only the part they did but we are definately discussing the service charge fee. DH hung up on me because I woke him up. IK hes under stress but does he want his laptop in the water? Cuz it can happen. I thought laast year was a battle,huh! thanks for the vent.
CH waiting to hear a peep from ya. YOu been on my mind.

DD got 2 bags out and has 4 more to go out. The issue is so much more to do. Shes supposed to stay until Fri. so maybe it'll be better??
Wish i could drink some days?? nah.

·
Registered
9,636 Posts
Good morning,
I'm Dawn's husband. She asked me to post a message here letting her friends know her surgery went well. She's in bed getting grapes peeled for her, eating bon bons, and watching cooking shows.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Glad to hear the update on CH

What a dang long day. The sewer line to the street was clogged and i learned a lot about things. I opted for the hydo blow out and the camera $975. I called Dh and said we are doing it. We opted out last time and paid the stress this time. So in for $1250. and they found i have 75' of cast iron original pipe they used to connect to the sewer. 25' of that is cracked. To replace the 25' that is 10'down is $5200. and to replace the 75' is $12,000. So I called up Dh and told him to get used to the ideas. I cant keep sucking up water into old age and I just plain wont. What they did is guaranteed for a year and thats 1 visit to hydro it again. It took over an hr. to get the truck there and then 1 1/2 more screwing around. Dogs barked,I had to stand watching the door and still havent seen 3 cats. DH started in w/ his unrelated facts gathering and disbelief of the facts given. I'm like you werent here,I havent slept or eaten for stress/worry. Plus all that suctioning and bailing. I told hubby be warned i am not too charming right now. I treated DD and I to a French dip and seasoned fries. Now I need sleep so i can resanitize everything. Hopefully,we can flush and shower and wash clothes.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Just got on computer and read up date on every one good to hear up date on ch and fw2 sorry about your water problems.My computer is going crazy again couldn't get on fv all day long enough to read or post.did get everything on list for Tuesday done by my son caring out the bag trash for me before i got it out my back was hurting so bad i decided i couldn't get it out and my son called and wanted to know if i wanted a bowl of soup i told him bring me a small bowl i was having pizza that you cook in oven so he brought the soup and took out the trash i never ate any last night so i will be having soup today my back is better today i am not going to do much to day going run walmart everyone have a good day

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Glad CH is doing well. It is suppose to get cold again here. What fun! Now I'm not only coughing, but my I can't breathe through my nose. DH tilled the garden spot again yesterday. It is looking good. I got good news from my neurologist that I don't have to be on blood thinners anymore. I hate taking medicine. Today is busy: Doing laundry, making dinner for my BIL and Sil to take them since my BIL came home from the hospital. Need to hit CVS, Sprouts, and Kroger, but don't know if that will happen today. Also have to go to the post office to mail some packages. Making some sugar scrub for a friend for her birthday tomorrow. If I have a chance, maybe a nap.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
GB-congrats. I finally reached the 4 pills a day level he wanted on the 2nd BP. Hopefully,it will show in the BP numbers next time. You sound busy as always. DD is swearing by the pineapple juice for the decongestant (bromelaid??) I am literally sniffing a Dollar general decongestant every so often because ID think I need any more meds in me.

The water is still seeping in the front but the drain seems better and she washed a coat last night. I need to shower so that will be another test. And w/ all this I'm behind 3 loads of dishes again!
to do
dishes
shower
continue to sort and wrap glassware cabinet. Making anothe S.A. load by Fri. (it is def. helping me to set a day)
vaccumn
mop just about everywhere the guys machine went.
hit the groc. for milk and meds.

Hugs to everyone.
BBL so tired

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Wonderful news about CH!

Gbug, congratulations on the no meds. Hope your coughing stops and you begin to feel better.

fw, sorry about all the pipe mess and you having to handle it all on your own.
So DD is actually doing some cleaning/throwing out? Fantastic!

erma, hope your back is feeling better.

Everybody else, hi, hope things are well with you.

Had a great checkup with my periodontist (gum doctor). No new issues, no new "mobility issues" (loose teeth), everything okay.
Eventually some teeth will be lost, she feels, but not yet.

DH and I went to Chick-Fil-A this a.m. for their free breakfast promotion. He got a sausage/cheese/egg biscuit and I got a chicken/egg/cheese biscuit. Gotta love free food.

For the rest of Wednesday:

1) Work on Bible study homework
2) Figure out supper
3) Bake peanut butter cookies
4) Church 6:30

241 - 260 of 1284 Posts