Frugal Village Forums banner

261 - 280 of 1284 Posts

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
ILC-too great. ID even want to go in.
So all but Pixie cat are accounted for w/ the door being propped open yesterday. She is extra shy/skittish so if I dont see her by late today I will be a little worried.
So far the drain seems to be ok. Cross plumber off my list for sure!

And yes DD is working and I can visually see it.All 6 cans are full and we have extra. She went into a huge anxiety attack last night over about everything. I just quietly stood my ground and today it seems better. I wanted to fix everything but thats how we got here. You can only gain confidence thru successes-usually small over big. I told her we will continue to provide food where she lives. I gave her $80 last time to help pay her cell and hygiene incidentals. She has no money for the registration so I just said let it ride. Her ins. will most likely be covered by us too. Just not offering just yet. I want to buy her jeans because she only has 1 pair but every time we go in it gets carried away. I feel bad they just took feminine services away from her ins. And i feel bad she got sent a dental card by mistake. She needs a job but it will be very hard to get one w/ no car. And no one to drive her.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Never went to walmart today before i got coffee drunk i was hurting again so i haven't done anything except empty dw and put some dishes in not even fixed my bed.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Tine--Good luck on exam.

Feeling a bit better today. Today I am going to work in the afternoon at the food pantry. I hope to get some sewing done and making DH loaded bake potato soup for dinner. I tallied up my grocery expenses last night for January and I have spent just a little over $150. We did eat a few meals out this month using gift cards. Money is so tight. I don't see much relief in sight until late spring or early summer.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Ermadunk-Walmart is onliine w/ free shipping over $50? I refuse to go unless well it's Christmas?
Tine-good luck

So Hunty knocked the computer plug out trying to get in this room. Good thing he's so cute. I finally got the computer back up this morning. If the sewer and dumb things would just stop breaking i would buy something new.
We got a dusting of snow. DD is supposed to work outside this Sunday at the Renaissance Fest. teardown in costume-brr!

To do
dishes and more dishes.
P.U. prescriptions and a few groc.
spot clean and vaccumn
hybernate!!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I am getting around little better today doing some laundry.Haven't seen pinetree on here lately hope she is well sunshine here and turned colder.Everyone have a good day

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
GB-me too on the depression. Between Dh traveling,the sewer and the general weather of drabness. I am going to take DD and buy her another pair of jeans today and put together the rest of the care pkg. for the family.

So today was paycheck day. DH made a lot of overtime which entirely paid the sewer flush bill-yeah!! I also found I had $35.15 in the CC points. And was able to put (at least for the time being) $1500. more towards the new vehicle project. Which is good because its rusting out from under me.
to do
hit the groc and get pills/a few groc.
S.A.
vaccumn
endless dishes
DD leaves around 4 pm.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I am going to try & get some stuff done today. I have not been well for weeks & have such low energy. Still have the cough. It is snowing here today, but not much accumulation.
I had the construction crew save the scraps of vinyl flooring & I will line the bottom of the cupboards with it. Then I can start putting stuff away.
I need to paint two different patched places on the walls.
Need to paint the closet in the bed room while it is still empty.
Paint in bathroom closet where they ran out of baseboard.
Need to return towels & floor mats that do not match new room.

Hope everyone is feeling better.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
winkie-feel better. I ususally get that all winter too. W/ DD gone most of the time and not going out as often its less.

DD is going in 2 hrs. and mixed feelings. Part of me says stay but ID want to ruin our new better getting along. I am diappointed we wont have time to go to S.A. or burgers. But I am thrillled she made good progress on the mess.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I hope everyone is feeling better too. My back is improving. I take for granted being able to physically do everything I want to, hate having to decide A versus B because I only have enough stamina for one thing. Usually I run out of time, not energy. Hubby returned home last night, lack of sleep due to his midnight arrival and later snoring.

This weekend: bring in fire wood, work on club newsletter, bake bread, laundry, start taxes.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I went got a hair cut today was going do some cleaning after i got back and before i got started a friend i haven't seen in awhile came by we had a good visit and nothing got done today but that ok.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Winkie, glad you're back! Send pics of the home improvements if you can.
dlrcpa, glad your back is better.
Tine, hope you did well on your test.
erma, do you like your haircut?
Gbug, winter is hard for those of us with depression issues, even with meds. We're having a cold spell and I just want to huddle next to the fireplace. Way to go on your grocery spending.
fw, good that the paycheck covered those expenses.

DD showed up this a.m. and we had a nice visit. Today is my best friend's birthday and she had requested that I make her a chocolate pie so that's what I did for her. I also made one for us and we're enjoying it immensely. Did some cleaning so things look better. Belle, our tortie kitty, didn't show up last night and by the time it got dark tonight I was really getting upset but she appeared on the porch about 8:00, very hungry and cold. She's eaten and is now sitting on the hearth enjoying the fireplace.

For Saturday:

1) Possibly visit a friend who's supposed to be in town at her mom's this weekend
2) Catch up on Bible study homework
3) Mop
4) Plan menus for next week
5) Change sheets

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Ilovechocklate yes i like my hair cut i can't stand for my hair to get very long.chocklate pie sound good i us't make a lot of them when my kids was at home.
Sat list
empty dw put more dishes in
pick up straighten up some
Go grocery store

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
GB-we are cutting a new path. I liked having her visit and we are more honest w/ each other now. I told her I did freak out when she said she was staying all week and she said she was surprised she made it thru Wed.. We just laughed. I'm holding tight to the fact that at a certain point the "kids" decisions good are bad are theirs.

D-cpa-glad the backs on the mend. I had it do that to me a few times. DH had left for work and it went out. I'm thinking gotta get up eventually and its GONNA hurt!

well DD left me her sick. I have a headache,the shakes in the "belly",weak and had to get up several times last night. My body just generally aches so I think flu and resting day. IF I feel better I will vaccumn and that. If not,not. Knocked the louvered door off the track of the pantry last night and I blocked it w/ a storage tub. DH can fix it tomorrow because I am crawling back to bed soon. Whine.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
frugalwarrior2 hope you are felling better real soon and everone else is having a good day.I slept in today unloaded dw put more dishes in washed sheets made bed swept floors never made it to grocery store going have to go in few days almost out of milk. Everyone have a good night.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Did a light groc shop and picked up my meds.DH came home early so I just nuked us some potpies. I bought a little choc. cake to celebrate Ddads bday. He would have been 89 today. We got anotehr light snow and the temp dropped a lot but its ok for the season.

The boys (mackie,Mikey and Hunty) were so delighted they ran all over the house. Mike was out w/ in 10 min. of dinner. Greeting is hard work. Macley was so sad when DD left because I think he thought she moved back. Now he is so happy DH is back. All of them were glued to me after I went groc. shopping. I guess they dont know if they will ever see you again??

DH announced he goes again this week Sun-Fri again. So much for working out of the house.

·
Registered
671 Posts
ILC - good news on the perio- I had to have a ton of work done a few years ago & it was expensive & time consuming. Nice of you to make your friend pie.
GB - I like your style- when you feel down, you do for others. That is a great strategy. Hope you are feeling better.
ED - nice you had a visit with your friend
FW- sorry you are having all the water issues, but nice you had a good visit w/ DD. Glad she is making progress. Sorry she brought you the flu.

I got my list done, but it took two days. Like dircpa said,I am used to being able to do everything I want with out running out of steam. This slow motion is for the birds. So I got everything painted that I needed. I cut the vinyl to fit the bottom cupboards. I had to keep resting... I also went on a three hour shopping trip yesterday that ended up very successful. I went to Ollie's ( had 10% coupon), got my darker towels, found living room drapes that I have been looking for for two years. I think these are keepers. I also hit Aldi's & got a cart full of food for $38.00. Popped in to Volunteers of America & found a couple do-dads for the new bathroom. Ran into dollar general for contact paper & found a cute little basket for $1.00 for the new bathroom. I hung the new drapes on all the windows but the bow window which needs news a new rod. I tore apart the drawing part out of the rods , the new drapes are the grommet type. I will be taking them all down & spray painting them grey/ silver. They are a bronze/ gold color now. I saw a little scratch on the hutch, maybe the guys did it when they moved it? So I got out the old English then that turned into a little side project of cleaning up two stands/ tables. Cooked supper each night & kept dishes done. Today I washed sheets & towels- confessions- DH washes sheets & towels 40 weeks out of the year. Has since we got married 18 years ago. The twelve weeks of tax season he works Saturday's, so I do them.
So I got quite a bit of the non normal chores done, but need to get back on the regular chores of vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, etc.
Tomorrow we will put the bed back up in the spare room & will wash up the bedding. Can't put anything in the closet, because the construction crew needs to get into the attic one more time. We are still waiting on a special order baseboard heater. They will take care of the roof vent when the heater comes in.
Hope everyone gets to feeling better!!!
Making a roast chicken & stuffing for dinner tomorrow. Yum...

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
winkie-um wow,I want whatever breakfast cereal your having. I got my burgandy drapes w/ grommets from Ollies and have been super happy. They look nicer than they cost and block the light and cold well. If you would add a bit of vinegar to the wash the dk. towels color will set better. I used to work in a linen store and customers were always complaining the the red or burgundy towels kept losing color after 2 washes.

Dh asked me earlier how his travel works best for me and i answered him only to find he will most likely be going every other week now. He is annoyed I said we would prob. end up spending more on outside people to repair things then. IDK what he was thinking but he cant so it if he's not here? And no I have no abilities that way try as I might. Un believably this year seems more annoying then last???

261 - 280 of 1284 Posts