Frugal Village Forums banner

281 - 300 of 1284 Posts

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Winkie - wow, amazing progress. Sounds impressive.
I hope everyone else is doing well. Laundry 2/3 completed. Taxes started Saturday, wood brought in. I made refried beans in the crock pot and choc pudding to use up milk. Grocery shopped.

Today: exercise, oven pot roast, bake bread, layer & pin quilt.

·
Registered
9,390 Posts
Hey guys! Thanks for all the good wishes. The surgery went well, I had a check up on Thurs and the doctor likes the way it is healing. My foot is the size of a football and I can't use it at all. It was very painful the 2nd day after the drugs wore off, but it settled down and I have virtually no pain now. We go back on the 7th for another look, until then I am in bed all day. Getting around on one foot is just too much effort. Daytime tv is crap. DH is doing well, even though this is more than I think he expected.

Hope everyone has a great day!

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Still down in the dumps. Cried all day yesterday. DH took me to go to church with DS and family. My eldest DS suggested a supplement, so I went to Sprouts and got one. If it doesn't show any improvement, then I'll go to the doc for meds. It is suppose to be in the 70s the next couple of days. I plan to work at the soup kitchen tomorrow, wash and clean my car, and do some trimming on some bushes.

·
Registered
671 Posts
FW- thanks on the tip of using vinegar. Truthfully these towels are mostly for show, so won't get washed much, but when I do I will try to remember the vinegar. My drapes really look nice. I agree the quality of those black outs is very good. I bought one pair of the blackouts, they are solid black just to try them. The ones I am keeping have a black pattern on white they are not quite a s luxurious as the black outs. I just don't think solid black will work. The room is grey with grey carpet & black sofa & love seat. I know that sounds drab, but I jazz it up with throws & table cloth. Right now I have red accents, since it is close to valentines. I also have bright turquoise I change it up with. Then of course oranges for fall & my red plaid for Christmas.
We got the bed up. This is an antique bed that has casters on the feet. One of them was broken, but we found some at the RE store to replace. Actually the originals are porcelain, so I will keep looking, but for now, these will work. DH wanted to go on an excursion, so we went to Menards to take back all those towels & mats that the color didn't match. Also had a light fixture to return. Then went to Ollies for one more floor mat. Ended up going to Sam's to get cocoanut oil for popcorn later. we went to church this am, I had my chicken in the oven so I just had to come home & finish potatoes, stuffing & gravy. It was so good. I forget about cooking a whole chicken , but I should do it more often. We have a ton of left overs.
Other than making the bed, I am done for today. Already did dishes & sheets are ready to go in the dryer.
Tomorrow, I would like to do some general cleaning, vacuum & dust to start with. My two DDs are coming with families on Saturday so I want the house clean & put together. Popcorn for supper tonight, sloppy joes tomorrow night.
Hope everyone has a nice evening.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Oh GB I am sorry you are having such a struggle. Seasonal affective disorder is such a real thing. I had to take meds one winter a long time ago. It got me through & luckily I have been able to work through it without meds since then. My problem was the same, cried all day long. Hope you get some relief soon.

CH - good to hear from you! Glad you got a good report. Your DH sounds charming, peeling grapes for you & feeding you Bon-bons!��

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Went to church today came home ate lunch and went to walmart by the time i got home i had a sore throat it is cold and windy here suppose be warmer through wed.then start raining and turning colder. I am waiting to see how i fell tomorrow before posting what i plan on doing.Everyone have a good night and try to keep warm

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
CH how nice to see your post. I have seen people use a rolling desk chair to get around. One knee in the desk chair seat and the other foot walks. There is a web site kneerover.com that has a fancier version.

I also used an (scissors-leg) ironing board as a bedside table because the height could be adjusted to whatever was needed.

Pot roast turned out well so I was pleased. Lots of sandwich material for later this week.

·
Registered
9,390 Posts
Dlrcpa, yes, we are using my office chair to get around. It doesn't roll so well on carpet, though.

Pot roast sounds pretty good. DH made some of the burger patties I froze.

I hear the norovirus is breaking out across the country. Those of you who are feeling sick, take care.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Winkie-Big Lots had XL jars of coconut oil for cheap not that long ago. I looked at the black drapes but here in fur city-no go.

CH-glad to see you pop in. DH had enormously swollen feet after his injury. I remember him being stoned out of his mind asking me how they looked. I was like,uh.well.There so bandaged I cant tell,smile. Try and be patient. And enjoy being waited on??

GB-I'm very up and down plus restless. Didnt you just say you went off the meds too. Your body mind be adjusting biochemically also. Try and fill any downtimes. That helps me to keep moving.

DH is in a royal snit and I'm having trouble putting up w/ it. I told him just because your job is hard doesnt mean everything else is mine by default. I am trying to muster up some positive things to say but wow-really reaching tonight. Love that man but maybe not as much today as some other times.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Working at the soup kitchen, washing and cleaning my car, planting spring bulbs, and trimming some bushes. It is suppose to be in the 70s today and I need to be outside. Thank you all for your kind words. I am trying to stay positive today. DH wasn't very supportive last night. He just doesn't get it. He thinks I'm whiny and just wanting my way. Going to talk to my youngest DS today and see if he can talk to him. He has more impact on him than anyone else.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
CH, welcome back! Hopefully the frustration/inconvenience now will be over quickly.

Gbug, I'm so sorry. Stay in the sunshine as much as you can. My DH used to think I used "that time of the month" PMS to just act b*&#@y. Men could NEVER live through what women do.

dlrcpa, pot roast is wonderful---easy to cook and wonderful leftovers.

ermadunk, I hope your sore throat is gone today.

Winkie, thanks for the input on the Ollie's blackout curtains. We need some in our bedroom since the windows face east but haven't found any we like. We've got a 15% off coupon for Ollie's so I think a trip is in order.

fw, you're handling things better than I would. Your comment about loving him better some days than others is very appropriate. :)

For Monday:

1) Finish Bible study homework DONE
2) Bake brownies for visit to friend who's in town DONE
3) Visit friend at her mom's house
4) Bible study class 6:30
5) Pick up prescriptions

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I fell a little better today but throat still sore got call from one of my cousin today she said she had sore throat last Thursday she had to have a cancer taken off her nose and a skin draft said it was doing good.Called my brother he is 93 today sounded like he is doing good.Dived up some hamburger meat put in freezer some for chilie and some for meat loaf ran dw and washed some dishes by hand cleaned off cabinets i am fixing to fix me some goulash for dinner.Everyone have a good day

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Ermadunk-Dmom had nose cancer which was ironic as she hates the sun and always used sun screen. I think it was the smoking??? but if someone is going to have cancer that about the "best" kind. They scraped hers and she never had anymore issues for 20 yrs and counting.

ILC-IDK if I am. handling it well

·
Registered
671 Posts
Today I vacuumed the upper floor, two bedrooms & hall. Dusted shelves in hall & the wood on stairway. Found another piece of furniture that needs a "treatment". I have a child size roll top desk from my childhood & it looks pretty scuffed up. It is in the small bedroom with the crib & youth bed. Will put that on my to do list, but probably not this week.
I put new contact paper on the closet shelves in the bathroom, no more pink & blue! Unloaded dishwasher, washed a load of clothes, made supper. That's about it, in addition to working 8 hours.
Tomorrow:
I work 6:00 to 2:30
Vacuum main floor, swiffer the wood floors.
Having left overs for supper
Put stuff away in bathroom closet.

We got more snow today, we may have enough to go sledding Saturday when the kids come.
Have a great evening!

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Worked at the soup kitchen, got free toothpaste at CVS, planted bulbs, and washed and cleaned my car. I took a new client to a park where she was living in a tent. Her car had broken down and she had no money to fix it. Her husband is in prison fro fraud and all her assets were frozen. She has fiibromyalgia and MS and someone had stolen her feds. I took her and we got two pillowcases of clothes and then went to the ER. She just wanted me to let her off since she had taken up so much of my time, but I told her no and I went in and explained her situation to them and they gave her the forms to fill out. I then hugged her and left her to get help. So sad.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Ermadunk-Dmom had nose cancer which was ironic as she hates the sun and always used sun screen. I think it was the smoking??? but if someone is going to have cancer that about the "best" kind. They scraped hers and she never had anymore issues for 20 yrs and counting.

ILC-IDK if I am. handling it well
They had to cut into her nose twice but after second time he said he thought he got it all.Glad your mom never had any more problems.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Good morning. It is cold here, but going to be in the 70s again today. Going to the post office, bank, and then to pay off a bill. Then on to Kroger to send a western union and pay on another bill. I have to put Ranger in a crate each night since he seems to wander and walk around aimlessly. He usually wakes up around 2:30 or 3 and begins barking. I take both dogs outside and put them back inside. He continued barking last night. He has canine dementia if there is such a thing. It's driving me crazy. Any of you have expertise dealing with dogs like that?

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Gb-no but Mia has been in heat almost 3 months. Crying and mewling all night on and off. So yeah-sleep? I cant let her in w/ me or she wont leave me alone.

We got about 4" and everyone is acting like its 20 because of the news. There are schools closed in the lower part of the state. I guess its mostly because of the timing during rush hour.
No big plans today.

281 - 300 of 1284 Posts