Frugal Village Forums banner

21 - 40 of 1284 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Morning! Remember me?? Life always gets in my way :) LOL. Can't guarantee I'll be here regularly but I miss you guys.

I need to get the tree and the rest of the Christmas decorations down today.
Put out my Valentine's Day wreath and bring in my Christmas one.
Unload dishwasher.
Meal plan for the next couple of days.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
DD is supposed to come tomorrow and stay a couple and get that room cleaned. Is it wrong to chain her to the bed until its clean?? Super kidding. I swear I'll try not to get into it w/ her.

Trying to start cutting back on the high calorie stuff and prep to workout and diet. I wish I had more faith. All the diabetic meds add weight but I cant be defeated before I start. Go me?

vaccumn the stairs and hopefully get the tree out-nooooo! its just dropping needles like super crazy. refill the dw and maybe do some by hand. Need to get the music going.
may make DH banana muffins and freeze most
more laundry
etc-scatter as needed exciting things like refill the soap.
Dinner-ravioli? garlic bread?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Well, I didn't accomplish a lot yesterday. No excuse, just laziness. I did manage to make my returns at Walmart and buy a few groceries.
I didn't get the Christmas decorations put away - that's on the agenda for today.

I'm thinking about washing my car. The high temp for today is supposed to be 72, then down to 50 for tomorrow. I've been running it thru an automated car wash, but there's really no need to spend that money on something I'm perfectly capable of doing myself.

I just ordered myself an electric lawn mower. It's supposed to be delivered this afternoon, so I might need to play with that for awhile. I've been paying a man to keep my grass cut and I don't have the stamina to do it all myself, but I think I can manage the smaller, flatter back yard and just let him take care of the front. I need the exercise and it will save me some money, too.

So I'm not really sure what I'll accomplish today, but surely something worthwhile....

·
Registered
9,631 Posts
Found out last night that an uncle died New Year's eve of lung cancer. He was only 60. Smoking kills.

I have a list of things to do this week... somewhere. I think I'll try to find that first. I know I have 2016 paper work to file away and bills to pay. Dishes and plastic containers left over from the weekend to wash up.

Going to make cookies and pack away the chili I made yesterday. And I think it is time to put away the fall decorations.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Got all 3 done yesterdayl
1-3
wash sheet put new sheet and comfort on bed before son come by and see i am using them
empty dishwasher
fix up bills done know that they are raising our water bill again this month i told them that the ones of us on SS may have to get pick and shovel and dig us a well i don't know of any one that does that anymore.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
winkie, Thanks..

Gbug, wtg on those deals, you're getting things almost free! WTG planting your seeds already!

Hikr. So glad to see you, Did you have any luck on the house selling yet?

WJ, let me know how that lawnmower does, kinda interested in those.

Tine, wow, that's not a very nice way to welcome you back to school!! You think they would give you a little break, getting back into things...

CH, I'm so sorry for your loss, 60 isn't very old.

FW, good luck..
Hey My Doc told me that my dib. meds would help me lose weight, um thank you, that just gave me permission to eat more... lol

erma, WTG on your list! haha, its illegal here to drill a well, and where you can you have to pay millions for permits! We have a well here but we can't find it, if I could I would use it for outside water.. it must be way under ground...

ILC, sorry I got to watch the first few minutes of the game, then all of a sudden my throat got so sore, so went to bed. Just found out who won.. I'm so sorry...
Are you ok with all the rain, wind etc.. boy did it get nasty down there.. hope all is well.

Well my good Luck wore out already, My throat is so sore I can hardly swallow, fever... feel like manure... I'll have to watch it stays out of my lungs... tried sleeping sitting up lol, ha, might as well prop yourself up against a wall...Really hoping I can get rid of this by tomorrow... I don't need anymore sickness than I already have! so wish me luck..

Plus woke up to about 3 inches of snow, and cold, thurs, is suppose to be a high of 10. ugh... I need spring...

Today,
think I will make some soup.
take a long nap
check grocery store sales. most of the are changing their ads on tues now.

have a warm wonderful day..

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Pinetree-what are you on. The Metformin keep you from losing as well as the insulin. Also I was reading the Labetalol was making some people rapid gain. And my experience is massive headaches and dizzyiness so not really doing as much activity. Most of the dizzyiness is gone but he wants me up one more pill. It also makes me have a stuffed nose and chest congestion it seems. Yeah meds!!! Just that the alternative is s stroke? heart attack.coma? soooo! yeah. Sorry you feel like Doo DOO!

CH-so sorry about your Uncle
I did laugh about lost the list because I lose it in the groc. I have to leave it under the edge of my keyboard for jobs. I do have a clip on the fridge and kids are finally gone. hahaha,Dmom was alway too structured and had a running list so ddad used to add silly stuff and she would get all "get out here" fussy w/ him and "for goodness sakes what wrong w/ you?"

·
Registered
9,631 Posts
Pinetree, my last bout with flu started with a bad sore throat. Do you have any zinc drops or vitamin C tablets?

Haven't found my list, but have been sorting and cleaning things anyway. I finally filed all the 2016 paperwork and paid the year end property taxes. AND I called my bank and told them what I thought about their new $6 a month checking account fee. They moved me to a "basic" account with no fees. I wonder how many customers will not notice, or will just accept the new fee.

The latest cold front is moving through. Temp has dropped 10F in the past 4 hours. I can feel it in the house. Brown + White kitty was on the deck this morning but he bolted when he saw me in the kitchen window. I think he is feral and frightened of people. Too bad, he is so handsome.

Hope everyone is having a good start to the new year.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
http://http://myheart.net/articles/metformin-weight-loss/

FW, I'm on a 1/2 tablet of metformin, I cant remember what the other one was but been on this for quite a while now.
I have been messing up with all the cookies, etc, need to get busy and get some of this weight off. ha....
heres a lose weigth article about metformin, I really havent had trouble with it, getting dizzy, and no congestion, if that happens I have to go into the ER asap, having congestive heart failure.. lol

CH, Thanks I need to call the Dr. and find out what I can take, everything now has to be approved, I keep hearing about the zinc, but havent asked about it. I had the flu shot, so hopefully I am covered..

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Pinetree so sorry you are sick hope you will be felling better soon.There are wells around here just not on this place everyone went to City water out here in country and the people who has a well would probably have to have them cleaned out and get pump before using them.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
thanks erma!

We were told when we bought this that the well was capped when water lines came thru. she thought she knew about where it was, but i would have to take the pic and shovels out and dig , for I dont know how long.. but would sure like to find it, water didnt get ran out here until the 70's, if you can believe that! we still have the big water cisern under the back steps/porch, we thought about using it for rain water, now its legal to collect it.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
pinetree-metformin 2 tabs 2x a day. and the Labetalol is the hard one I get 2-2x a day but I am only up to 1 in the morning and 2 when I go to bed. The labetalol was the dizzying one and the pass out one actually. Both will make me nauseous occasionaaly right after I take them, but mostly thats the Insulin. That is like a rocket when It goes in at times. Mostly in the beginning. I may just be sensitve. I took a HBP meds 1 time that made me real dizzy but it also made me feel like something was crawling under my skin and yell alot. That obviously didnt last too long. Also,I may be getting bad interaction for myself personally. Dmom is always saying I should spread them out. Which is fine in theory but ID want to forget them altogether. I'm just a wreck apparently

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
we have a well. a private deep one which is why we also have an osmosis system. When all the systems work right the taste is no taste and so cold but it is so brackish here w/o it and sulphury. So nasty. The sewer was put in after the 70's. The house was built in 1972 and IK they had septic. They were super cheap so i assume they waited about as long as they could.

21 - 40 of 1284 Posts