Frugal Village Forums banner

441 - 460 of 1284 Posts

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
CH-congrats. That first big trip out is such a big deal.
GB-good idea to take it easy.
Dcpa-I used to do the same at moms.

Went to get dh's pills and then for gas .60 off but the station was nutters
Then to COSCTO for Cat food,anti bactertial soap on sale and stamps for the year. $338.00 later I am so glad to get out of that asylum. I got a rotisserie chicken for lunch/dinner for me. IDK if dh will have any he isnt into chicken. Decided to do Sams seperate. He isnt a shopper and acts like i'm killing him. lol
just going to hang out for awhile then get on the dishes.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
momtofiveboys, I'm like Winkie----will do chores for food! LOL Everything sounds SO good!

CH, congratulations on venturing back into the world. :)

dlrcpa, you're a good daughter.

Gbug, you and your chickens will be happy! I read something the other day about chickens being the "new urban pet." Apparently more and more places are allowing them.

fw, glad you and your DH are doing okay.

Hi to anyone I missed.

I'm posting for Monday:

1) Lunch with friend 11:30?
2) Bible study class 6:30
3) More raking
4) Wash sofa slipcovers
5) Continue going through my parents' stuff

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
We were married 12 years but I want know until 3-30 got appointment then.I hope everything goes well with DR appointment.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I have had head ake off and on ever since Friday hope I fell better tomorrow got lot house work need to get done.I will try post what I get done tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Lady who is taking over the food pickup/delivery from restaurant to shelter emailed me late Sunday that she could not meet at the agreed upon time. I can't imagine the restaurant will be happy if she is erratic about the schedule. I'll stop by the restaurant and let them know. Hoping I don't get stuck with the food run. We tried last week but the restaurant guy was not there and no food.

Tonight is dog club meeting. I hope it will be short and sweet. I need to do my personal laundry also (stuff hubby is forbidden to wash.)

Hope everyone's weather is a nice as ours. The birds are singing like it's spring time.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
We got sunshine! I am so tired though. I need to hit Aldis for green things. I had the best caesar salad at Outback and I am craving salald w/ ranch,goat cheese and walnuts. DD does apples in hers and I may add some and see. I also need a tomato. Wow where did cady/cookie girl go-far away I hope.

So off to Aldis and see where things heard
play w/ the vaccumn
buy a slip case album for my stamps-no sense not caring properly for them.
Should call DD

Dcpa-dog club? sounds interesting

·
Registered
9,538 Posts
We had "rain" this morning but the only thing it did was make it incredibly humid. It is 75 already and it feels awful. I wanted to put the AC on last night for sleeping but DH said no. I wish we could get a good soaking, it has been a very dry winter and we need it.

I made DH go shopping yesterday evening. He was going to put it off as long as possible because "we don't really need anything". Um, I'm out of eggs and we only have half a carton of milk and there are no vegetables left. Short version: we are not saving money like I thought we would (because of the food I prepped in the freezer) and I will be so glad when I can get back to doing this myself.

Going to try and get DH to change the bed linens and do my laundry since the washer is in the basement.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I have done 2 loads laundry and cleaning in my bathroom and bed room got about all done in bath room except mopping like quite a bit in br and closet I just got to tired and needed to fix dinner I am cooking pork stakes, brussels sprouts ,cream potatoes got apple pie cooked.I have two loads laundry yet to do hoping I can do one before bed time if it don't get stormy and run a load of dishes.i sew a button on a shirt.I sat down last night made list of 20 things I want to get done this week I have marked off 3 and added 1 more a few minutes ago doubting if it all get done this week.Every one have a good night.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
We were married 12 years but I want know until 3-30 got appointment then.I hope everything goes well with DR appointment.
Piney I think... and I say think... if you two were married at least 10 years and you haven't remarried since him then you can collect on his. You're over full retirement age so you should be able to collect 100% of whatever he received when he died. At least this is how it used to be.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Grammarbug & Ermadunk, you are making me tired! It took me three days to just get all the floors swept!

Had a pretty good day. Worked 8 hours, washed a load of clothes and washed up some throw blankets. Then I made three pans of scalloped potatoes & ham. I always make such a mess when I make that so I do it in bulk. Got most of those dishes done, but have a few waiting for another load.

Tomorrow
Clean out garage fridge
Take out compost
Make jello

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I haven't remarried.

Reactions: NikoSan999

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Winkie--I live in a small town and I use to teach at the high school. Sports in Texas is top dog. DH works at the school now in maintenance. It is basketball. Our high school has won the state championship 4 years in a row and is suppose to win again. Our school is exception to the rule. We win in band, academics and all sports. That is why our district is growing so quickly. People want to move here to put their kids in school.

Day 3 of cleaning. I have used muscles I didn't even know that I had.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I no longer work at a job it takes me all time just trying keep my small house picked up and clean haven't figured out who messes thing up since I live alone.I us't lay it on kids and husband.

·
Registered
9,538 Posts
New day, new week, and I need to make a plan.

- strip the bed so DH can put clean sheets on
- find my phone charger
- pay bills
- try to tidy up so a friend can visit tomorrow
- water house plants

Winkie and GB, I am amazed at your energy level. I get one room clean and I am DONE.

441 - 460 of 1284 Posts