Frugal Village Forums banner

1001 - 1020 of 1284 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Good morning - Woke up to rain for the day. I guess the weatherman was correct today. We went to do our errands and got caught coming out of grocery without our umbrellas. Drenched was putting it mildly. Came home and had to use hairdryer and change my top. I stopped at library and got 5 books on frugal meals, healthy and cheap meals, etc. but didnt have my bookbag so left them in car until 2nd trip.

Went out 2nd time to have chinese lunch and took umbrellas and book bag. Good thing because we got into another torrential downpour but stayed dry.

It is so dark and dreary that I won't get much more done except laundry. Supper will be very light too.
I think I will start on a crochet project. I made a couple doilies to put inbetween some glass bowls that always rattle on the shelf. It works great so I want to make one more to go in between my measuring cups.

Today 1) library, grocery, post office (done) 2) laundry (1st load going) 3) start crochet project (could get it done today)

If its raining where you are -------------- stay dry. I need to buy another umbrella. I was uptown during the week and got caught in a real drencher and the wind turned my umbrella inside out and broke the frame.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Good morning a very humid and rainy one here had to close up house again ac's running again,at least i was able to get a few things done while it was cool,tomorrow is cruizin car show which i will be attending hopefully the weather will get better for it.Today is wash bedding and vacuum then i have to do my dogs nails again.Hope everyone has a good day.:vs_wave:

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I have groomed/bathed the dog and finished the patio project this morning. This afternoon is the dog club picnic. It is very humid outside so not sure if we will be able to sit outside or everyone will want to crowd inside. This evening I will probably just read. I would like to sew but I don't think my back will appreciate it. Saw the chiropractor yesterday but something still is not right.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Happy saturday - Windows and door open for the moment. I love cool morning air. We had to go to library this morning and stopped at Burger King with a coupon for breakfast. When I came home I cut off the leggy petunias in the baskets and deadheaded the lilies again. Had a couple tall weeds so they are gone. Hubs filled bird feeder. I started out with mostly yellow goldfinches and now I am getting purple ones. Not as exciting to watch but I love their chirp.
They trimmed out shrubs last week and left alittle of the clippings so I will go out soon and get that cleaned up.

So todays chore to do are: 1) hit the high spots with duster 2) clean our and switch purses 3) continue on the crochet doily.

savermom - my husband likes to take in the local car shows. its not my thing but sometimes i will go.
dlrcpa - enjoy the dog picnic. hope everyone can be outside. take care of the back. i swear by my chiropractor

I send healing thoughts to GramB - hope all is well. Also good thoughts to FW2 - hope she comes back to the board, I miss her posts.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Another beautiful day.

1) odds/ends laundry (done) 2) get budget ready for july (done) 3) work on doily

I should go out and rake up the shrub clippings they missed the other day but at the moment I just am
not feeling it. We are having breakfast for supper so no work there

Enjoy your day

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
First day of new job. An hour commute each way plus about 10 minutes to walk from garage to office building. I can see there will be no before/after work shopping stops. So that means good planning and make-ahead for meals. Only trying to accomplish basics & minor tasks this week while I get settled in.

·
Registered
922 Posts
dlrcpa - Good luck on your new job. That is quite a commute. Maybe it won't seem as long after you get used to the drive.

Yesterday we got a new (to us) car. Our old car was 2006 and was starting to nickel/dime us with repairs. Found an excellent deal and we are very happy. We toyed with idea of doing a lease but glad we didn't because now we won't have to do anything except enjoy car for many many years. Nothing should go wrong for a long time.

Today we went to the zoo. Dark clouds and chilly breeze but no rain. Stopped for lunch on way home. Hubs is out learning how to work all the doodads on the car. I thought I would get 1/2 my cleaning done today and the other 1/2 tomorrow. We are going to drop thrift on friday and walk the flea market. Sunday we are traveling to nieces house to see my sister in law who is home for a week. I told my husband I will rest my voice until then so I can talk all day.

So today 1) clean bathrooms 2) dust all over 3) water plants

Enjoy your day

·
Registered
922 Posts
Good morning - seems like this thread is running dry. Maybe it needs restarted under another heading.
It is helping me to get my 3 chores done each day but I don't feel that my life is exciting enough for anyone
to tune.

I wonder where all the regular posters have gone over the year. I wish them all well and hope they decide
to post again. I always enjoyed reading what they post and hope all of them are in good health and just plain
busy.

Today 1) dust/run sweeper 2) get grocery list ready for tomorrow 3) decide on a new craft project
As a bonus this morning hubs filled bird feeder and watered plants for me.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Made supper in the crock pot - have leftovers so that is good. Returned library book and got 2 new ones. Shredded a bunch of papers. Found another bundle marked "to shred" for tomorrow. Watered transplants around patio area. General tidy-up all rooms.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have been busy & not much time to post, though I try to read through most days.
Our little trip was fun. Niagara Falls Thursday & Friday, son's party Saturday, then Gettysburg Sunday. Drove home Monday. Tuesday worked & grocery shopped. Wednesday had to report to the office for quarterly meeting, so I started work @ 5:00 am, worked til noon, drove an hour to the office, came home to have company for swimming & dinner. Older DD & her man & 2yo GD. We made roasted potatoes in the oven & did London broil on the grill.
Thursday, I worked til noon, then younger DD with her 4 kids & two of kids friends came for lunch & swimming. Had cold cuts, melon, chips, etc.
It was a beautiful day, I think I got sun burned. Now I have made up my work time & ready for the weekend!

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
7/3: 1) Water the garden this AM. 2) Chicken in the crock pot. 3) Brush dog and clean his ears
Sewing machine is not acting right, so 4) clean and vacuum and try again. I am making 2 King pillowcases from old sheets since we bought new pillows Saturday.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Saturday I got some good deals @ Menards: pint canning jars on sale for $6.99 plus used $2.00 off coupon. My dentist recommended toothpaste $2.96 less $2.00 coupon, pretzel chips $1.50 less $1.00 coupon. VO5 .78, buy two get .50 off coupon, so 53 cents each. Mrs wages salsa seasoning $1.88, no coupon, but that's about $1.00 savings.
Then I went home & rescreened a patio door ($3.99 for the screening), replaced outdoor carpet on pool deck. DH cleaned & refilled hot tub. We had to get a new patio umbrella for the pool deck, as the last one got caught by the wind & destroyed. Had to trade the umbrella stand with the one on table, so a little messing around with that, then I realized I could use the old umbrella fabric to make new covers for the foot stools that go with the patio furniture. I had gotten new chair pads a few years ago, but never found the ones for the foot stools. I went straight inside & sewed them. It is not a professional job, but definitely looks better & I felt so clever! Lol!
Sunday put lunch in the oven before church, got home, ate, picked wold berries, sanded & repainted the arms on some patio chairs. Painted an andirondak chair white. It used almost a quart of paint. I am not sure where the paint came from, but I owned it & the chair needed painted, so it was a plan.
Today I have to prep some food for tomorrow. Step daughter & two boys coming to swim & cook out. Also I want to work more in the flower beds. I have one that may get ripped out this fall.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
A lazy day today since I was outside a lot Monday. Don't feel like getting hot & sweaty today. I am working on the quilt binding. It is trimmed and pinned half way. There is a lot of hand sewing but that will be easy to do in the evenings so it will definitely be done by the end of the week. Other stuff has been done. Finished 1 library book. I froze 3 quarts of soup yesterday and there are leftovers in the fridge. Hubby will grill steaks for supper.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Happy 4th of July - we went our to breakfast this morning. thats the extend of our celebrating. we decided on just having a lazy day. so far so good. lol

i am working on a dream catcher and watching tv today.

i heard a rumor that we are getting a menards close to us. sounds like they have a lot of different things. i thought it was sporting goods. i will look into it more.

so today 1) finish dream catcher 2) take a nap 3) watch a couple movies

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Hi Winkie, CH, dlrcpa, earlybird, Tine, savermom, and anyone I missed.

Happy 4th of July!

It's hot as can be here-----AC running a lot. I'm staying in the cool house as much as I can. DH did a few errands and then got BBQ and Brunswick stew from our favorite bbq place. That plus chips, slaw, baked beans, deviled eggs,and red/white/blue Jello parfaits for dessert.

I know this is dumb, but I finally have a Swiffer! (I've always been a late bloomer.) Found a coupon in Sunday's paper for buy a starter kit and get a box of cleaning pads free up to $8. I've always swept or vacuumed my hard-surface floors but this is easy and effective. I figure with a grandchild coming, I need something I can use quickly to get cat fur up so the baby won't try to eat it.

Not much going on here. I guess it's the summer doldrums. Just hot. DH has a few more hours of work to finish the siding on the back of the garage----final caulking, sealing the bricks he puts at the bottom, stuff like that. He's going to do all the exact stuff to the front of the garage, but not till fall. Then all siding will be in good shape. Since our house is two-story we probably won't be able to stay in it forever so we're getting into a repair/replace mode with everything we do.

1001 - 1020 of 1284 Posts