Frugal Village Forums banner

1221 - 1240 of 1284 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Going to church this morning. Need to hit Braum's for DS's eggnog. Baking pumpkin bread today. Trying to pace myself AND keep DH and Dmom out of it.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Today: bag the pile of leaves for pickup, cut out (and hopefully sew) aprons, get Christmas tree with hubby (have to use my car).

·
Registered
9,631 Posts
Have to call in some prescriptions, and write some checks to pay bills. And send in the form for my handicap parking tag.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Got $300. worth of groc for Christmas dinner,groc,DD. Hauled it all in and put away. went to Aldis and Kroger. Everyone was hacking and sneezing-eww!
I made Stouffers lasagne and a cherry pie. Will do the chili tomorrow. DH was in a bear of a mood from a hard trip and putting the snowblower together. We paid a lot so he was mad. Yea!.
Need to see what I have for my Ds and his new wife so I can et a box and send it by Tues. I already said it would prob. be late.
DH had the driveway cleared by the time I got back so he got gas. NOT a cheap day.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Monday - decorate tree (sitting bare in the living room right now) and start the basement fireplace. This is a major operation due to the length of the chimney.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Need to go to Rite-aid for odds and ends
Figure out what is being shipped to Ds and how much of a check I can do
Start the chili already
do dishes
shower
put the pantry back in passible order
hang winter clothes and swap out summer
Sweep/vaccumn

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Really tired. Made party mix and muddy buddies today. Chicken chili and cornbread for dinner. It has rained here all day long.

Tomorrow: Taking Dmom to put flowers at the cemetery, making chocolate covered pretzels, doing laundry, and buying groceries.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Still didnt do Mon list but I did make the free roast and opened pineapple and baked beans. Dessert was cherry pie. DH also finished off the last of the potato salad. I kinda feed him up after trips. He just works obsessively and doesnt sleep.
GB-thanks for the reminder about the chex mix. I want it around to gift DD when shes here Christmas. We had rain too and it ate most of our 10" snow fall. Not due for any for Christmas

·
Registered
665 Posts
My BF's brother texted his mom yesterday and told her his girlfriend we didn't know about is joining him for Christmas. She's picking them up at the airport right now. They live in England.

They're visiting me on their way to her home. She asked three hours ago and I've spend more than an hour cleaning and tidying up the house. Needed a reason to do it. I had some cookie dough in the fridge and baked cookies instead of buying something for them.

As I expected the supermarkets have butter, cream, and pork on very good sale this this close to Christmas so got a lot of it for the freezer.

Today:

- Grocery shopping - done.
- Clean bathroom - done.
- Run dishwasher - done twice.
- Tidy up - done.
- Laundry.

·
Registered
9,631 Posts
This week

-- scan grocery ads/make list
-- pay property taxes
-- pick up pills
-- wrap the last 2 presents

·
Registered
665 Posts
Did two loads of laundry, cooked caramels, and started sorting through our pantry. We're planning a pantry challenge in January.

·
Registered
275 Posts
DD stopped by and got her license plates tabs-part of her Christmas gift
Gave her the box of choc and a big bag of pistachios for the guy she sublets from
Ordered more nightgowns
going to make burgers for dinner and use up the brown beans
Fighting a cold so I napped a bit more than usual.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Got everything done today. The first day of winter and it was 73 in North Texas, but a cold front is coming through and rain is expected tomorrow. My eldest DS and his wife and MIL will be coming in tomorrow night. Tomorrow: sort and separate stocking stuffers, hide Santa Claus gifts, buy candy canes and doggie gifts for the fur babies. Got to make a lemon chess pie and who knows what else. Going to be a busy day.

·
Registered
9,631 Posts
Did the taxes and the pills and the last of the gift wrapping. Been trying to do more cooking but it is tiring, so I think next week's menu is going to include more frozen chili and store bought stuff.

1221 - 1240 of 1284 Posts