Frugal Village Forums banner

1241 - 1260 of 1284 Posts

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Going to jump on board today and write out all that I accomplish.

So far I:
- emptied the dryer (need to fold now)
- found the meat we need for supper

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
I:
- emptied another load of laundry
- tidied off the dining room table
- tidied the kitchen
- cut off tags and hung up DD2's new winter coat that I bought a couple days ago.

Am now about to wrap a few presents.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Cooked the 2 Cornish game hens,made the stuffing,and used up the yellow potatoes.
Bought a few Gooseberry cookbooks online
Contemplated Christmas.
Doctored up some hormel chili w/ ground beef and shredded cheese for DH lunch and had more soup for mine.
Sat online waaay too long.lol

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
finished sewing aprons and gift-bagged them, cut & sewed 2 felt wine bags, washed & dried winter parka, shopped at CVS using Extrabucks, made soup to take to parents Saturday.

Saturday will be low-energy - parent-sitting, read, knit, nap.

·
Registered
275 Posts
chili part 2 for Dh today
Need to bake a huge ham to store because now its turkey for Christmas-whatever. lol
May make sloppy joes to freeze for this week after Christmas.
Want to poke around at S.A. or the used bookstore? maybe Sams
should do a load

IDK what else-something w/ DH. wish "downsized" was on OnDemand. I would even pay theater prices NOT to go. Dh said the same of the Star Wars movie.
Have a good weekend folks.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Furbabies woke me up. One had pooped in his kennel, so out we go in freezing temps. After I got them in and fed, the other one pooped on the floor. What a way to start the day? My eldest Dson and family arrived safely in all the rain. We had herbed pork loin, scalloped potatoes, green beans, garlic bread, and lemon chess pie.
Today:

Do laundry.
Bake ham, make black bean salsa, make sugar cookie dough, put together broccoli casserole and sweet potato casserole. Make orange cranberry pull apart bread.

Tonight's dinner is beans and cornbread, pickled beets, fried okra, sliced tomatoes.

·
Registered
275 Posts
GB-every single thing sounds great!!

Just put my ham in and am going to do pies tomorrow. Still have l.o Cornish game hen and stuffing and potatoes.
DD wants spaghetti salad again for Christmas-sigh.

·
Registered
665 Posts
My BF and I bought our last present today and found out it was on sale. Got some marked down meat, lunch meat, and cheese today. December 23rd is always a good day to get marked down food since most supermarkets are closed the next three days. I still need to wrap four presents tonight.

I got some ugly Christmas earrings on sale too. They're becoming my tradition. The last two years I wore earrings with red glitter Christmas tree baubles. Wanted something new this year.

I'm happy see our cat isn't scared of fireworks.

·
Registered
275 Posts
So this is not my day
Got up in the night to red eyes like a pothead-never smoked so allergy or pink eye? Go back to sleep
Got up in the morning w/ allergies so so bad. Take a bunch of stuff
Throw the ham in and cook it. I cut it and pierce the foil pan. grease and vernors mixture everywhere on the stove,under it. Dogs are so very happy to help w/ clean up.
Get DH lunch and beg if he's pickup a registered letter I was to sick to come to the door for a few days ago. He brings it. Someone didnt send the stamps I bought or more likely the post service here stole them. IDK. So I tried to call but it wouldnt go through. I emailed and got auto confirmation. I'm hoping they sent the stamps seperate.
SO I took a log reset shower. Hams was excellent-Kroger brand .97# sale. (spiral). Need to package and put away.
Just keeping on. lol

·
Registered
665 Posts
Merry Christmas! We're celebrating Christmas on Christmas Eve in Denmark.

We still need to pack our bags before visiting family. We're going to my dad's home in the afternoon and my mom in the evening. Visiting my MIL on December 26th.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Feeling better today thank goodness
Need to make the 2 pies and spaghetti salad and maybe the turkey
Havent really wrapped a gift so i need to dig out DD's for tomorrow
Should vaccuum/do some dishes.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Drat, today I feel like I am fighting a cold. 1) finish knit hat 2) find storage places for gifts received 3) read library book 4) chop vegs for crock pot tomorrow.

·
Registered
275 Posts
DD spent the night. I gave her turkey,ham,cheese and the rest of the Cornish game hens. Oh and 1 bag of lays.
Today was mostly a reset day. Dishes tomorrow and should mail Ds and his wifes gift.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
My Dsons and their families have come and gone. My Ddaughter and her family are here until Sunday. We ate a lot and played a lot of games. I love having my kids and grandkids together. It makes me sad for them to go home. Mom is still with me and will be for at least another week. Hope everyone had a great Christmas. Doing laundry and trying to get caught up. Taking down Christmas decorations a few at a time.

·
Registered
275 Posts
GB-thanks. We talked to the far one and had the near one over. It was nice.All our pets are stuffed,stoned or asleep. We had much more than plenty and I am grateful. I need to mail a late package to Ds and then I'm done.
Glad you did well.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Went to lunch with DDaughter and family. Then we went to a used bookstore and a coffee shop. Made potato soup for dinner and then cut out sugar cookies with the Granddaughter.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hand washing all the fry pans and now headed to the saucepans. My DW failed early in the year and then the whole water system we replaced all summer. So I am unsure how clean anything is really. this should take a few months!
Got the 2 fleece sheet sets I ordered and 3 nightgowns from Kohls. My gift to me this year. Sent off my license and tabs renewal so thats off my mind for now
Finished the last of the pizza and ate more L.O. ham.
Should have shopped but it is still so dang cold here and I just need bread,milk and bananas so far.

·
Registered
9,538 Posts
Tomorrow I need to pick the remains of the rotisserie chicken and then freeze it. Then go through the fridge and make space for the holiday cranberry fruit salad we didn't have at christmas. L/O christmas ham for dinner tomorrow, too.

They are predicting both snow and dangerously cold weather for the weekend. Glad we had our furnace serviced a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I am going to jump back in here after being absent for a year or so? This thread was always so motivating to me and I lost my mojo so I am hoping to regain it again. I am off work until next Thursday so I hope to get a few things done around the house. I wish I could just stay cocooned in here until I go back to work but I will have to leave at least once or twice.

It is freezing outside, I think it is 5 below zero out. I have to take the dogs out in a half hour but that will only be for 2 minutes or so! I even put on two sweaters for the little dog. I am going to have to find a sweater online for Beastie. She is 75 pounds and I cannot find a sweater for her in the stores. I had a nice/expensive coat for her but I had bought it when she was a year old and unfortunately when she filled out she outgrew it. I will have to donate it to a rescue.

My plans for today:
~ wash laundry room blinds
~ dailies (master bath) Done!
~ Wednesday dailies (wash floors)
~ wipe down kitchen
~ laundry

1241 - 1260 of 1284 Posts