Frugal Village Forums banner
1601 - 1614 of 1614 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
let yourself mourn ..losing a pet is hard. we have a pet graveyard in the back corner of the yard birds and cats. grey again and rain so normal. would like some snow just for effect. wasn't as many people at the open house but we had nice visits with everyone. dh said it was too long of time to have open house but it is over. kids had fun. so no cooking etc today leftovers. lots of food here. slept late and we aren't planning on much. body is sore for some reason.

have dvds and tv to watch so no reason to be movitated. working tomorrow. forgot sat to get dry cat food so someone has to go to the store for that since bag is empty. ran dishwasher before bed so no dishes. dh is trying to get movitated as he bought dd a new mattress a few days ago and the old one is in his office. to go to the dump.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
AmyBoz - congrats on selling books.

We planted a lot of seeds today in plastic containers that I've saved over the years. 18 different seeds, 108 seeds in total. All of the seeds were leftovers from prior years, given to me or I saved from the garden. We planted new things like acorn squash that we have never eaten before. We figured the seeds were free and if we don't like them the chickens will.

I cut up a bath towel that had worn a hole in the middle and turned it into 4 hand towels.

Lunch is packed for work tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,603 ·
I’m making myself get out and work at the soup kitchen. DH is back at work and will be working late. Going to have grilled cheese sandwiches and leftover beef stew for dinner. Trying to use up before making more. I have a lot of books to get rid of,so I’m going to try selling on the garage sale site, too.

·
Registered
10,352 Posts
Had a dusting of snow last night. Lot of wind and it is supposed to be cold and blowy all week. Was considering checking the drugstore for marked down candy, but realize I still have candy in the freezer from previous years. Might go out for the breakfast sale, free eggs and OJ with 3 cans of biscuits, all of which will get eaten.

Chili or pot pie for dinner, will see which one DH picks (probably chili).

Tomorrow is trash day, so need to make another pass through the house and garage.

Our NYE feast is going to be whatever I can find around the house. There's a lot to choose from.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
I just listed some more toys on the FB garage sale boards. I listed them each for $5, because I want them to go. I'll be happy if I can get that for them and it clears out a little more space in our house.

Chili for dinner tonight. It's already in the crockpot and making the house smell amazing. :)

·
Super Moderator
2,171 Posts
Really bad driving today but I went into the food shelf anyway. Because of it being closed 2 Wednesdays in a row, and the fact that Thursday and Tuesday volunteers do little in the freezer, I needed to get in there and straighten things out. We get meat from stores every day and it can really pile up if it isn't sorted everyday or at least 3 days a week, which is when I usually come in.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
I'm hoping to find some more to sell today, as I've had good luck getting rid of things that way the past few days. Don't want to push my luck, though.

·
Registered
10,352 Posts
It's bright and sunny and still cold. A few errands I could run, nothing urgent. May start some laundry, too.

We had plans with friends for this evening, but that is falling apart. Glad I didn't spend a bucket of money on snacks. DH and I will watch a movie at home.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
We don't do NYE.....husband will be in bed way before midnight but I will stay up to watch the ball drop.

Running to Hallmark today....my sister is looking for a yearly angel.....she gets one every year and her hallmark closed.

Was very good yesterday...went to Target and purchased 0 dollars....now on Sunday I did spend $50 there....got pencils, socks, lots of small stuff for my shoeboxes...I'm committed to making 365 pencil packs for fillers so took my $50 gc from Amazon and got 250 pens, 288 Ticonderoga pencils and 144 eraser tops. So, I'm on my way.....have $50 in rewards and points at Wags so hoping I can find some small toys on sale to add to shoeboxes.....

Have a safe New Year's Eve everyone....may 2020 brings you joy, health and wealth....

·
Registered
10,352 Posts
Did the run to the grocery store for the breakfast sale. They were out of "free" store brand OJ and substituting the expensive fresh squeezed kind. Oh darn. On the other hand Aldi was completely cleaned out of christmas cookies when I stopped, and looking like they had missed a truck delivery, too.

NYE movie watching party has shifted to a different house. I checked that both bags of pita chips are still good and combined them to take, with artichoke dip. Also taking 2 packages of cookies. Got a bottle of wine out of the garage.

DH had half a day of work, we are just going to relax until evening.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Free lunch at work today so I'm not really hungry now.....cheese & crackers, meatballs w/sweet & sour sauce (need to make the sauce.) Frozen cheesecake if we want it. I'm doing a 3 mi hike tomorrow so need decent sleep.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
pouring rain here for hours. some family drama but hopefully the new year sees the end of it. dh and sil spread their parents ashes so that is done. plus their nana.. who had been sitting in a cupboard for 36yrs. so that is off the to do list. plans keep changing cus kids..ds got invited to friends place he is staying so maybe road trip. laundry and dishes of course. putting things away. crows have their food. youngest cat won't even step outside and is sleeping a lot so will be bugging us tonight. at least others will go sit on porch under cover.

no big plans tonight which is fine by me .. movies from library and plenty of food. got half price pjs for ds yesterday and lots of marked down xmas choc. made mulled wine for the first time and watching joyful noise. have lots of xmas movies taped too. mellow day

1601 - 1614 of 1614 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.