Frugal Village Forums banner

2901 - 2906 of 2906 Posts

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,901
SD - I came back on to say I really like the border on the cross stitch. It looks great. I just forgot to do it in the last post.

This is perhaps not the best time to suggest messing with magnets. Last night I decided before bed that I would go on and make the needle minders, though I will use some more like refrigerator magnets. First just getting the different sizes of magnets in the box separated was a trial. I would get one strip off, put a second strip, finally, down well away from it, and before I could get the third strip free, the first two would smack together and I would have to start over. Finally I learned about 8-12” apart would do, unless I jostled a set or carelessly set them down closer, and wham. Then that larger mass would start hauling in the others. When I finally got the glue tube open and working again, I starting the gluing and it was all going swimmingly, until one would suddenly go catapulting onto another. Then I had a time getting the magnets slid apart, which slid them off whatever they were glued too, getting glue all over my fingers that then got it all over the bead or button. This did not happen just once. Once I had a four magnet pile up. Eventually it was done, but holy cow! From now on I am leaving this job strictly to the magnet and glue handling professionals.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Chester is back to normal now, poor boy. It seems like it happens about once a month. Vet said there's no treatment and that it doesn't really harm him. They last about a minute and he's recovered about a half hr later. It could be worse. And I was wrong, they're not getting more frequent. His last one was more than 6 wks ago.That's a good thing to be wrong about.

Got some more cross stitch done. It's a small project, so it's going fast, even with all my mistakes and redoing.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Oh, no! That sounds like a problem of magnetrific proportions! Are they rare earth magnets? Sounds like they're strong. Hope you can get them under control. And forgive me for lol and getting a mental picture of a Laurel and Hardy routine. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Magnets are great fun. DH has made some projects and accidentally glued some in upside down. :(

Sorry to hear about Chester. It is hard to see them struggle and not be able to help them.

2020. How did we get here?

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,905
SD - yes. You’re forgiving for laughing. I was more like cussin’ at the time, but laughing in retrospect. I’m sure it would have been hilarious for a bystander. Again yes. They’re the little round rare earth magnets. Strong is an understatement. Happily the glue scrapes off with a finger nail when it’s dry and it peeled off my fingers easily enough.

I didn’t worry about which side was down. When I use them on the cross stitch to hold my pattern or whatever, I’ll let the loose one underneath the fabric decide which way it wants to face. They are very particular.

Tonight when I was moving stuff I decided I had to finally do something about the philodendron, or really probably pothos. The vines were from 4 to 6-7 feet long, trailing over a four foot bookcase to the floor and across the floor to beneath a bench. I cut them all back to maybe 3’, and have the rest cut into segments in water. I hope at least some of them will root.

2901 - 2906 of 2906 Posts