Frugal Village Forums banner

2281 - 2283 of 2283 Posts

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
The sun is shining, but very cold. Not much happening. Got bil home yesterday. He insisted on going to the store with us. He got one of the ride on carts. Even that was too much for him. He looks very pale and isn't eating much. But dh and I were the same way after covid. I still don't eat much. Ds tried the DMV today, but had to come back for a few things. Will go back this afternoon. I have an order at walmart and meds for dh to pick up. We are going to bil's house for dinner tonight. We are cooking. He lives next door. Just a few people to stop in and say hi and grab a bite to eat. I was hoping dgd could spend the night like last year. She was so cute. Stayed up til midnight and then went outside with a giant sparkler and horn and yelled "happy new year". But her parents are doing things today with her. That makes me happy too.

Looking around the house we have a lot of decluttering to do. The bedroom has little bits and pieces to finish up, but decided to wait until ds leaves. He did help with the baseboards and getting the bed back in there. That was a huge help. One day next week, when dh feels up to it, I'm going to paint inside the windows and remove the old blinds. Got new ones that are cordless. Dh will need to install the blinds. They have a different installation than the old ones. Hang the curtains. I wasn't happy with them, but dgd loved them. Thought they were beautiful. I'm going to go through all the bins in the living room. We have an organizer for the girls toys. Going to get rid of some of it. Lots and lots of decluttering for the new year. Dh has found things we thought we were out of, buried in all the junk. Time to really work on some sewing projects and use up all the fabric I have. I have fabric stashed everywhere. I gave a lot away a few years ago to a friend making Christmas stockings for the military. Hoping 2021 will be more productive. Maybe I'll make some "ugly" quilt tops. Who knows.

Happy New Year everyone. Hope 2021 is great for all of you. Thanks for being my friends. :confetti::1partyguy:

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Happy New Years Everyone! :vs_box::1partyguy::vs_balloons: Wishing everyone a peaceful and quiet new year of joy!

Livin, sounds like you have thing sorted and your renter is a great guy! Hope everyone is feeling good.

Not raining here so cats happy. very lazy day watching tv ..normally don't stay up until 12 but since I have been going to bed later then that won't be any problem staying up. was up late and up early..dh snoring. sinuses have been acting up the last couple of days too. not that we have been doing much while dh was off ..he is happy playing with his 3d printer and needs a break anyways. his name on cable/int account so got him to deal with switching over our 3 phones to them for free plans. something they started if you have an account. he had to do it cus account holder. so long wait in line cus people and staff calling in sick. in same mall as store I worked at yesterday so he drove. well he got it done and postponed my change over til i was finished work. then problems and online help had him on wild goose chases which in the end was just my phone is old he was pissed waste of hours. but seems my phone is fine. if I want data we just buy $10 a gig. but since dd doesn't barely use her ph. ds was on just text plan..saves me $90 a month. if I buy some data still cheap. so when they texted for how did it go comment they got one.

think I will make mulled wine. ..bought ticket to online show. no idea about dinner yet. if takeout or teach kids to make something easy. quiet night. of course always housework or reg work to do but can't be bothered today . cried over a movie already too. think we will do something familywise tonight a movie or something. getting tired of xmas decor too so you know the season is over.

new rule that liquor stores and bars/restaurants have to stop selling booze 2hrs earlier then normal 8pm instead of 10pm just today because they want to stop people from partying with others though you aren't suppose too anyways. but that doesn't stop people. first person got arrested after being fined a few times because would not stop partying in his condo over the last few months. big parties that pissed off the neighbours too so condo fines, covid fines etc didn't stop him so arrested released w conditions.

of course people lining up which me if you can't go without then you have a problem (stores are busy anyways cus new years) or stock up earlier lol we just gave away booze lol have enough as it is. or stock up before. of course we are older! here liquor is not sold in grocery stores. bars restaurants can sell food after 8 but no booze. closing is 10 w covid.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Thank you all for the well wishes everyone. I'm doing great and happily moving on.

Today I swept and mopped the living room then rearranged the furniture. I also sold a recliner for $25 today.

Took the renter to town to get meds and groceries. I filled the car with gas but that is the only money I spent.

Ate LO today and pressure cooked a ham. Tomorrow we'll be eating ham in hm sauerkraut with butter bread. I need to bake bread tomorrow. I love hm bread with sauerkraut.

I also waterglassed a 1/2 gallon jar of eggs. You take 1 ounce of lime by weight, mix with one quart of water and pour enough over the eggs to cover them. This can only be done to farm fresh eggs that have never been washed. The eggs are supposed to last up to 2 years and can be fried just like fresh eggs. This is the first time I have done this so I hope it works.

2281 - 2283 of 2283 Posts