Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This challenge is for anyone interested in decluttering and/or purging all or part of your home in 2020. No specific rules apply, so you may choose to do a general fling (though why anyone would want to fling a general, I'm not sure ( ) or keep track of what you've divested of with the aim of dumping 2020 items, or using any other downsizing goal you may have. You may set a goal for the year, for a specific area of your home, for the number of items you want to get rid of, for an amount of time you'd like to use for your challenge, or any other way you choose to measure your progress.

Feel free to join in anytime and share your goals and accomplishments. We love before and after pictures, but that's not a requirement. It's encouraging to see progress others make, as well as share our own additions to our personal tah-done lists!

Reactions: NikoSan999

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Filling a box with old clothes that I haven't worn and don't fit. Found a box of shoes over the weekend that I can't wear any more. Just found another pair of boots I can't get into. :(

Found one brand new pair of jeans with tags, going to take those back to Kohl's for a larger size. They are very generous with their return policies.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
For those that did not know, you can also do Amazon returns at Kohls now.
...and it is SO easy! They'll even box it and label it for you. It's amazing. AND they give you a coupon for Kohl's when you are done!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
This is my big household project this year.
I started last year, but there is a lot more
to do. I am also doing a DEEP clean.

No plan yet, but I am working on it

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
My first purge of the year is getting rid of the junk food in the house and all the food we shouldn't be eating. Then to shredding papers.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I'm cleaning my closet....have two bags of shoes, bags and clothing I won't ever wear again.....found a box of papers I went thru and threw away 95% of the papers....found a box of punch cups I will never use again and will donating them.....giving away a tote of disposable new food containers...getting there slowly....

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Culled through papers today and shredded some at home. A bigger batch will go to the shred bin at work. Need to select some things from the pantry to use up. Some were gifts but some I bought and now I wonder why.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
One thing i have been doing today is going though papers getting rid of a bunch got more to do.I was needing to find one certain paper found everything but the right one.

Reactions: NikoSan999

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Organized tax files from last two years and got rid of all unnecessary papers around the house.

Donated about 50 items to church thrift shop.

Ready to file 2019 tax returns for myself and a couple of people, then scan receipts and be done with them.

Lots of unused space now in kitchen and one walk-in closet.

·
Registered
9,915 Posts
Tossed a few plastic food storage containers. Way to many.
Took 2 bags to Nu Hope ( think Goodwill type )
Few odds/ends in trash ... old tennis shoes etc

Kid got rid of a lot out of her room. Clothes, make up, papers and smell good stuff. I confiscated the smell good stuff. I sometimes use it as air freshener

Reactions: ermadunk

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
did a bunch of decluttering in the fall of last year but haven't started on much this year. some old stuff from fridge but that is it and a few mugs out of the cupboard because got new ones for xmas. in one way decluttered gift box and crocheted stash. do need to declutter more. but not at the moment. always an ongoing thrift store box.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Going to drop off at a drop box a sleeping bag...brand new but the zipper isn't working...but it would make a nice blanket for someone who is cold....took out to trash a really neat wicker basket for a baby....was way too large for what I wanted to use it for and a wicker basket you hang on wall....

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
One of the things that hold the shelf in the kitchen cabinet broke yesterday. Had to take everything out. Found things in there I didn't know I had. There was a big blue vase from who knows what that I just tossed. Didn't even know it was there, so I won't miss it. It would have broke before I could donate it. Time to go through the rest and get rid of more stuff. The cabinet is more organized now and easier to get to the things we use regularly.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
One thing i have been doing today is going though papers getting rid of a bunch got more to do.I was needing to find one certain paper found everything but the right one.
Been getting rid of more papers quite by accident found the one paper i was looking for and still have more to go through.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
We'll be decorating for the super bowl tonight with dgd. I'm using some paper streamers I found in the basement. Just happened to be the right color. Then it goes in the trash. I shredded quite a bit of papers last week. Found some dishes that were a regift from ds' wedding. I'll see if my other son wants them. If not I'll drop them at the DAV this week.

·
Registered
9,915 Posts
Not much progress here other than some papers but in defense there WAS a lot of them. Actually tossed a couple plastic food containers and lids that were in rough shape.

1 - 20 of 186 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.