Frugal Village Forums banner

181 - 186 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Collection week was last week.....lots of people wait till last minute to pack but this year, since I am on lockdown I had plenty of time so I packed early and dropped mine off the first day....they take up a lot of room....
I found a women's shelter in the part of town where I use to work so am dropping off a dozen new sweaters I got for a dollar each. They have a few women who will be getting their own place in January so dropping off a beautiful set of dishes I found in my closet, placemats, napkins, a couple of corning ware pieces, a lasagna dish, chargers and a tablecloth and glasses tomorrow....out of my house....
Still have a ton of things I need to find a home for....I asked a young mom I know if she wanted the dishes but she didn't answer so they are gone....why can't people just say no thanks or yes please....
Our numbers are climbing like crazy....3 million people went thru the airports already so there will be a huge spike in numbers....friends father has it and not doing well....scary stuff....we are staying home and away from everyone....
Stay safe....stay healthy....hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving....

·
Registered
217 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving! Since I'll be home alone today (well - I won't be totally alone because I have my fur baby with me - her name is Kyla and she's my 10 year old cat who is totally spoiled, I might add. lol) Anyways, since we're home alone today I'm planning on sorting some things out and hope to find some that will either go out in the trash or some to give away.

This past week, my friend stopped by and give me a bag of pajama tops and shorts - I haven't had time to go through them as of yet but hope to today. If they fit and I like, I'll keep some but if not - it'll be to the donation box as quickly as possible!

Some people tend to be clothes hoarders but not me - now, my friend Amy would most likely take and keep the entire bag because she loves clothes. As for me, I only would keep, 1 or 2 sets at the most and if I can find one top and 2 pair of shorts to go with it, then that would be all I'd keep. (That is clothes though - too bad when it comes to papers and yarn that I can't be that disciplined, huh? Ha! Ha!)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Scarlett glad you had a nice Thanksgiving....we were alone also.....grandson came by with our dinner....visited a few minutes.....

My son gave me a new china cabinet so I washed everything cause I had all my glasses etc. on an open metal rack.....gave that to my friend....husband will drop off tomorrow....going try to get her family's Christmas gifts wrapped so he can drop off at same time....also have some dishes he will take to her.....

Saturday we will drop off the 400 rolls of toilet tissue I got for the food pantry....along with two cases of yogurt bowls....out of my garage.....

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Dropped off the toilet paper and yougurt bowls today.....they are short on space and wasn't happy with the bowls....I only took one case and about 600 of the 20 oz....I still have 5000 in my garage.....

Dropping off two boxes of tablecloths, placemats, napkins, runners, and napkin rings to a friend who just got a new house and she posted a picture of her dining table so asked her if she would like them and she said yes....it doesn't even make a dent in my stash...yes, I love setting a pretty table so have lots...every color you can think of.....kinda of mad I donated some to a mission who said they had two clinets moving in their own apartment in January and when I dropped off I found out they wanted them to sell at their resale shop.....so, won't be donating to them again....

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
that sucks bookworm..think they could be just honest. dropped off 2 boxes small at new thrift store close by..just some xmas stuff, books, knick knacky stuff. all the tote bags from grab bag..we used some but there was like 20 of them.

181 - 186 of 186 Posts