Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many No-Spend Days are you aiming for (per week, month, this year)?

Have you spent any money on non-essentials/anything-other-than-bills today?

Let's keep each other accountable!
:vs_box: :dollar:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My goal is 10 No-Spend days this month. So far, I'm 0/2.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
My goal is 20 no spend days
Jan.1 No spend day
Jan.2 Was a spend day had go Dr. and pick up meds.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I'll mark if I spent or not but I'm only counting non-essentials as a true spend. With that in mind I'm aiming for 31 days.

1/1 - I bought a recumbent bicycle / elliptical combo. It was on sale, I need to lose 50#, town in 20 miles away and for 3-6months I'll be working 6-12s. So joining a gym is out. If I don't lose weight I know the dr is going to put me on cholesterol meds at a minimum and that's not an option for me.
1/2-1/3 - no spend.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Jan.3 no spend day stayed home all day.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
No Spend day

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
1/5 - no spend, still in my jammies kind of a day

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1/1 - I bought a recumbent bicycle / elliptical combo. It was on sale, I need to lose 50#, town in 20 miles away and for 3-6months I'll be working 6-12s. So joining a gym is out. If I don't lose weight I know the dr is going to put me on cholesterol meds at a minimum and that's not an option for me.
Livin Large - Congrats on taking that step! I need to lose weight as well - at least 70 pounds - so DH and I bought a used treadmill from his co-worker and have been using that for several months. I'm down around 17 pounds but I haven't been doing it as often as I should (another goal that I've set for this year is to work out at least half of the days in this year!!). I am trying to avoid meds, flip my bad and good cholesterol numbers, and help my anxiety by walking.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
January 5 - a no-spend day for me. Makes 1/5, on my way to 10 no-spend days this month!

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
For January, I'm hoping for 10 no spend days. So far this month I have had 2, maybe 3. It will be harder for me to have no spend days. I told dh I was shopping multiple times a week so that we have fresh fish and produce. I have been buying everything hoping it would last 2 weeks and most of the time it doesn't. I'd rather shop every couple of days than spend a bunch and throw it in the trash. Once we get a better routine/menu figured out, I'm sure I won't need to shop as much, but until then, that's what we are doing. I'm tired of throwing out so much food because we decided to eat something else.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Jan.6 was a spend day had go have blood taken so i gas up car,got something to eat since i could,t eat before going have blood taken then ran by walmart got two grocery items i was needing and some household items i will be needing in next few days.:yippee:Now i need a nap.

Reactions: NikoSan999

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
1/7 No spend day

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
1/8 Was a spend day

1/9 No spend day

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
1.9.2020 Is my first true no spend day of 2020.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
1/10 No spend day

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
1-11-12-13-14 No spend days

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
1/14 - was my fist unplanned spending day of the year. DH made a recipe that I normally like but he did a couple substitutions because we didn't have the ingredients and I didn't find out until I went to eat it for lunch at work. It was so terrible that I couldn't eat it and had to buy lunch at work $5.xx. Then I was surfing FB and saw a vertical egg thingy to put eggs in as as you use them them slide down and you put fresh eggs on top. This way you are always eating the oldest eggs first. Hubby will not mark the eggs each day so this was my solution.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts