Frugal Village Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
1-15-16-17-18 No spend days was suppose go yesterday do some things but it was so cold windy decided there was nothing i couldn't put off until next week.

Reactions: NikoSan999

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Yesterday was unplanned spending day #2. Went to walfart with my daughter (always a mistake) and got a couple of needed deals like clearance conditioner for $1 bottle each. However I spent $21 on clearance items for my granddaughter and a $12 termite kit, half price. If it works it will be worth every penny I spent. For a company to come out and install a termite system is $1000 plus quarterly fees. If it works I can but a lot of these kits full price for $1000.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
1-19-20 No spend day
1-21 was a spend day needed go in to town so i went walmart got few things.

·
Registered
306 Posts
January is supposed to be a no-spend month, but so far we had only 3 true no-spend days. Some of it we don't control, because that's when bill payments, etc. fall on. As far as discretionary spending, we've been primarily spending on groceries and gas, a couple of birthdays that have come up so we needed to get gifts, cat food, and a haircut. We've also started tracking each expenditure in a budget planner. My goal is to try to increase the number of no-spend days each month to get to at least 10.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
20-23 - no spend days

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
1-22-23 No spend days

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Yesterday was unplanned spend #3 of the month. When grocery shopping I saw the ends you put on a hose to turn the water on/off on clearance for $1 each, normally $5. I bought 8 because the were good ones unlike the plastic ones we currently have.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
1-24-25 no spend days

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
1/24 - Unplanned spend $8 on clearance items
1/25-1/26 - no spend

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
1-26 No spend day

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Today spend. I didn't leave house but hubs went to Ace Hardware to get that tape they advertise on TV for cracked tubs in bathroom. While I did't do the spend I'm counting cause I'm not leaving the house much on my own. So I'll count as a spend.

On the other hand if he's out and gets a junk donut or whatever that ones not on me.

Reactions: ermadunk

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
1/27-28-29-30-31= No spend days

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Today the 1st and spend already. Couldn't keep him from going to Dollar General. $24.32 spent and also added to Grocery Budget Challenge. This isn't going to be easy with having to count him in this.
I'd like to shoot for at least 15 no spends for this month.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Since i don't get out very often i am not in this as a compition i am just keeping up with the days for my own benefit.And to cheer others own.

2/1-2 No spend days

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Since i don't get out very often i am not in this as a compition i am just keeping up with the days for my own benefit.And to cheer others own.

2/1-2 No spend days
Piney I'm not doing as a competition either. I rarely go anywhere anymore period much less eat out.,

He went to Dollar General again. He didn't get bread yesterday and I needed corn tortillas for the tacos I made and have in the freezer. Of course he HAD to get chips too. 2/2 spend. $9.18

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
2/1 & 2/2 - no spend
2/3 - Sam's Club...need I say more?? :vs_cry:
2/4 - no spend

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
2/5 No spend day
It been raining here and cold i just don't fell like getting out but we haven't had snow or ice and hope we don't.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
2/6 Was a spend day had pay couple of bills (which i don't count as spend days )but went to wal mart got some groceries and hba and fill car up with gas.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts