Frugal Village Forums banner

2941 - 2948 of 2948 Posts

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Going to be sunny here...for a while. Got my binding made and pinned yesterday. Today I hope to get the first side sewn by machine, and then start folding it over to sew down the back side. I expect it to take several days, and like the x-stitch I'll do a little each day. I am ready to be done with this quilt and move on to smaller, more fun projects.

Ordered some fabric yesterday. Mystery FQ bundle, and a pack of 2" strips.

Quilt guild newsletter came last night. They are not having a bee in Jan, but doing a drive thru on the 11th from 10-2. So I will plan to swing by and drop off stuff and maybe pick up another kit.

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,943
On one of my FB groups, someone posted her New Year’s stitching resolution to end 2021 with fewer supplies than she started with. Sounds like a good one to me. Of course that’s easy for me to say, having just supported the economy lavishly by laying in kits and new thread.

It just occurred to me that a new thread needs to start. Off to do that.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I like that resolution. I have a lot of scrappy salvaged things to use up. It is a cheap way to experiment. Since I am almost finished cleaning out parents' house there will be less salvaged materials in the future.

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
On one of my FB groups, someone posted her New Year’s stitching resolution to end 2021 with fewer supplies than she started with. Sounds like a good one to me. Of course that’s easy for me to say, having just supported the economy lavishly by laying in kits and new thread.
I believe that was one of my goals for 2020, to use up the tubs and bags of fabric sitting on the floor in my sewing room. Despite having done 13 quilt tops this year and cut way down on fabric buying, I don't feel like I made much progress.

Reactions: marthamfi

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I kind of want to buy some fabric to make new skirts with. But I am already pushing my self imposed rule on not exceeding a certain about of space. I am thinking of trying to make some scrappy skirts with whatever material I have. Possibly buying a little bit of fabric for every scrappy skirt I make.

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
If you buy fabric and immediately make a skirt, it's not sitting in storage.....

The binding is chugging along. I'm at the halfway point and need to replace the bobbin. I'd rather be whacking up fabric in my cutter and planning a new quilt.

Reactions: marthamfi

·
Registered
1,578 Posts

It just occurred to me that a new thread needs to start. Off to do that.
lol the only problem is that in 6mths or so then people who bought all the craft stuff will be selling cheap or unloading at thrift stores and we won't be able to resist getting it!

2941 - 2948 of 2948 Posts