Frugal Village Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
I have shredded several garbage-size bags worth of papers in the last couple weeks. Have used some fabric and yarn supplies on items to donate. Have a garbage-size bag of quilted and knitted things to donate on the 25th (have to drive them to the location). The plan is to keep making things for this group. Also able to rearrange things a bit as space gets freed up.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Finally went through my 2 binders of medical bills and statements. Set aside all the insurance billing stuff (paid) for shredding but kept the doctor bills which showed the procedures etc. Now all in 1 binder and sorted into CATEGORIES. So much easier to date various parts of my medical history if needed.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Covered some card board boxes with white contact paper to store things on the open shelving in my office, looks nicer. I may spray paint a few containers white for storage also. Less visual clutter. I replaced my old desk phone (beige) and separate caller ID unit (black) with a newer white speaker phone from parents' house that has a lot of digital features built in (like clock, caller Id, time, phone book). That also freed an electric plug. No user manual of course, had to figure out the programming by trial and error. :geek:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
2 bags of clothes etc. some grab bag yarn waiting to go. ds cleaned out his closet and outgrown clothes. got rid of one car to charity so dh has the trailer down to go to the dump. so stuff waiting to go.. old electronics to recycle, broken plastic etc usual spring clean up.

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
with a newer white speaker phone from parents' house that has a lot of digital features built in (like clock, caller Id, time, phone book). That also freed an electric plug. No user manual of course, had to figure out the programming by trial and error. :geek:
If you can get the manufacturer and model # off the unit you can often find user manuals in PDF form online.

Reactions: marthamfi

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Thanks CH I looked online for a manual but it's a very off brand "Vextra". I did figure it out after inserting batteries....Set the date and time and programmed in various numbers and police. I think it will be a nice phone, the old one was ancient. Speaker phone is a bonus.
Spray painted white 3 small boxes/baskets for storage. The Rustoleum spray paint is pretty cheap.... I am pretty happy at this point. Stuff will dwindle as it gets used up. There are more of my parents' papers to go through and discard.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
reminds me got ds and friends to burn a bunch of old bills etc and roast marshmellows a few weeks ago. nosy neighbour had a fit but what else is new!

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Pulled out a bunch of old tax papers and other documents to be shredded. The county does free shredding at different sites every few weeks, 4 box limit. Just filling up the 4th box for the next one in 3 weeks.
I started saving the utility bills and other things as PDF instead of printing them.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts