Frugal Village Forums banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,109 Posts
DLR, pullouts of any kind make a big difference in almost any cabinet. That's one reason I salvage fridge drawers. They've become pullouts in many places in our house.

We've weeded out some more puzzles to donate and finally installed 2 undercabinet lights. Extra lighting and 2 less pieces of clutter, win-win.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Cleaned out a couple of cabinets in the kitchen. Threw out some old plastic cups the boys had when they were little. Almost 30 years old. Got rid of a few jello molds and plastic bowls I haven't used in years. Still a lot more to go through.

I've watched a lot of hoarders episodes. I don't have anywhere near that much stuff, but I'm thinking it's been packed away for years, it's time for it to go. I've also watched a lot of tiny house shows and you realize how little you really need. It's just all stuff. Not doing us any good, if it's packed in a box.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
added yarn to thrift store box, british mags from mom went to visiting friend. dd added some tshirts and pokemon onesie too. still donating books and dvds to little libraries. some pokemon toys to friend w crayola stuff etc. ongoing!

·
Super Moderator
20,109 Posts
I made myself deal with at least 2 items every time I opened the fridge door and got rid of maybe a dozen containers. Most were little dabs of condiments and dips. Not much but it made a big difference. I went through the fridge door a while back and dumped a bunch of stuff, so it's more under control in there.

We're still going through puzzles. We're working a few, but a lot of them we can look at the pieces or the picture and decide we're not very interested. We've packed up about a dozen so far. We really love the puzzle trays I made. It's so much easier to work a puzzle now and pieces are much less likely to get lost.

We're gathering up assorted trash in anticipation of doing a long overdue trash run in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I cleaned out my fridge this week threw out out somethings washed it out good and when i look in it i think it looks like new until i look in door:rolleyes::confused: got get that done this week but that shouldn't take long.:love:

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I need to wash a basket full of fabric. I think the cat has been in it sleeping. Then I'm going to post it on our church's facebook page. Last time I did that, it was gone in minutes. I have some old wedding stuff I want to get rid of too. I'll post it there too. If no one takes it, then I'll donate it. I need to find another place to donate. Last time I took a load to the DAV, they said they'd pass on some of it. It was good stuff, almost new. There's also a box of yarn. Mostly white and off white. My aunt made quilts with the knit fabric and then tied them. I knew her kids would just throw it all in the trash. I knew there were people somewhere that use it. The round table cloths, the church wants. They don't have any nice ones for the tables. The long ones, I should cut and sew to fit my dining table. I need some new ones. With dgds they have become stayed with food and paint.

We also cleaned out the fridge. So many expired condiments. Going to do some more cabinet purging too.

·
Super Moderator
20,109 Posts
I finally talked myself into getting rid of a stovetop pressure cooker. I don't know why I've been hanging on to it. I can't seem to master cooking with pressure cookers, although I plan to give it another try. But I still have an electronic PC and a regular size pressure canner. I realized today the one I'm getting rid of is the same diameter as my small pressure canner, just taller and with different handles. Duh, why keep both? I will still have 3. Now I've gained a whole foot of space in the pantry. That will help replace the space I'll lose when I add some lazy Susans to the pantry shelves.

We purged 3 more puzzles today, too, the one we just worked and two more that looked boring. Husby dragged out another one. If he remains obsessed maybe we'll get through the whole collection.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
got two boxes of stuff to the thrift store ..added some more things to it like painting, bathroom rack , jackets. and more to go..dd added more clothes to the new box.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Going through some old dishes (mom's) to get rid of. Looks like replacements.com will buy some pieces if I can get them shipped down there without breakage (it has been a problem.) The items they are not buying will be donated.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
went downstairs to get fall decor..well started cleaning up .. dusting, put dd clothes in thrift store box, pulled pics out of frames got rid of them. just cheap dollar store ones. found more stuff..if we had a fire ...wouldn't know what we had. was finding spots for the empty barbie boxes lol went though craft books got rid of old gardening world mags, doll houses etc how toos.. found more vhs tapes..my james bond of the month from the 90s . put some vhs tapes to give away..a few dhs so have to ask him. rarer movies not that we have many vhs tapes lol

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I had hubby blow up the (very) old air mattress, pretty quick with the vacuum cleaner. It had 2 holes that can be patched, so basically still good. (I was hoping it was rotten and could be thrown away.) I'll clean it up a bit and find a decent tote bag to store it in. May put an old mattress pad and sheets with it for emergency use.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
lol dlrcpa.. we have so many ! years ago dh came out with ones I was where are they from ..like from his parents years ago from like the 70s. ...we got rid of them then ..still good but now thinking should have keep them. the rubber etc was super thick. but kids were little and camping not on my radar at all lol

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Had to buy a new machine to clean carpets. Fortunately the room where dogs sleep has floor space pretty well cleared and it only takes a few minutes to remove the remaining furniture in & out (other than bed and sewing desk which are heavy). That is done. Tomorrow need to do my "office" carpet which has more/heavier things to be moved. I'll start moving stuff tonight.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts