Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 364 Posts

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Agreed.
Made the French toast casserole for this morning's breakfast, lots of leftovers for next several days. Started a new budget spreadsheet and entering changes. I will ask hubby to back up my computer soon. Supposed to get a lot of rain today, has not started yet. Various chores to do. Hope you have an enjoyable day.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
I will have to get a new phone and plan next year. I have old ATT flip phone on 3G network. They are ending 3G service in 2022 so I must switch before then. But right now current phone is so cheap and my needs are so minimal I will postpone as long as possible.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Good morning. Rain cleared off and not too cold, no complaints. I need to pick up dog food order at PetSmart, saved $10 using coupon they emailed me. In and out quickly. Hope to avoid cooking one more day, we have leftovers. Hubby wants some frozen crab cakes he received as a gift. I bet they are small, told him go ahead and make both for himself, I will eat leftovers. For some reason he does not like that plan. :confused?:
I hope everyone is well.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Good morning. Rain today - again.
I finally made the carrot soup last night, I like the taste. Used 1C orange juice in place of water and orange peel. It needs more texture so I will cook some plain rice to add to the leftover soup, same way I do tomato soup. Looked at the frozen crab cakes and hubby is right, they are huge. But no cooking instructions, so he can deal with it because I am not going to guess and ruin them. Salad and rice pilaf on the side.
I found a eBay gift card lying by the sidewalk this morning while walking the dog. So probably spend time window-shopping on the computer today. :encouragement: I hope everyone has a good day.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Gray and dreary again. I need to get back to work on clearing parents' house. Auctioneer called and may refer a couple of interested buyers directly to me, I said that would be fine. Just need to get furniture out of there. If necessary I will donate whatever is left in early February if it cannot be sold. Need to find a new appraiser, since the one I thought I hired months ago has not provided reports. Research and phone calls. Smoke detectors supposed to arrive Thursday or Friday so that will be worth a trip down there.
I made turkey pot pie last night. Found a recipe for turkey enchiladas that uses turkey, cream cheese, tortillas - will make that soon also.
I hope everyone is well.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
GB happy anniversary.
Ruj - that was one crazy tenant. Sounds like you need to double the security deposits.....
Hubby used a Olive Garden gift card to pick up dinners last night, plenty of leftovers for another meal. I'm going to CVS to use the Extrabucks and coupons on food and laundry detergent. I put away most of the Christmas things. The bare tree is still sitting in the living room, I guess it is my job to haul it outside. It must be invisible to men. :vs_cool: Getting small fiddly things done around the house. I hope everyone is well.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
GB how old is your granddaughter? Old enough to begin to learn cooking?
I lowered my grocery budget, will do the best I can with sales and coupons. Used $6 coupons/Extrabucks at CVS yesterday, spent $9: 2 cereal, 2 decaf tea bags, 1 laundry detergent. I stopped at the grocery store for flour, saw they had plenty but limited variety. I got unbleached store brand. Did not see any bread flour. Checked for meat markdowns but nothing good. There is a bit of ham and turkey left over, sounds like jambalaya tonight. I hope everyone has a quiet day.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Good morning. Gloomy outside again, should have worked in the yard a bit yesterday when it was sunny.
Emailed the appraiser office this morning - either give me appraisals by Jan 15 or refund the money. I tried contacting a new appraiser Tuesday and did not get a response. Clock is ticking. Called the person who might be interested in buying furniture and sent her pictures. May have to meet her at parents' house this weekend, that is fine. Just need it moved out of there.
Ate leftover pasta last night at hubby's request. Probably make jambalaya tonight, it is quick & easy. I hope everyone is well.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Got email our county libraries will be closed to walk-ins beginning Monday due to COVID. You can still order books for drive-by pickups. Thank goodness for e-books.
Meeting the furniture buyer at parents' house early tomorrow. I had the idea to print some blank "receipt" sheets from a free Excel template. I expect they will want/need one since this person is a re-seller.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Good trip to meet the furniture buyer. He bought some of the silver items immediately and the store has made an offer on about 10 furniture items and some miscellaneous pieces. Arranging a pickup date/time next week. This will clear a good chunk of floor space. The rest will probably get donated. Called a different estate auction place and they took a look at the picture gallery and said not something they could handle. So I think I got lucky with this little store buying as many pieces as they did want.
Hubby is making supper. I plan to just relax the rest of the day.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Good morning. I guess I will try to list some of parents' furniture on Facebook Marketplace. A nice bedroom set and dining room stuff for starters. Taking a wild guess on prices. Never tried this before so I expect hours to figure out. All those furniture photos I took in October coming in handy. Decent weather next couple of days, at least I don't have to fight snow or sleet like some others. Hubby has gone to donate plasma since he already had COVID. Maybe meatloaf for supper. I hope everyone has a good day.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Good morning. Cloudy but no rain I think. Started a Robert Stone paperback yesterday and like it a lot, can get more electronically from the library. Going to do computer and paperwork today. Still waiting to hear from furniture buyer for pickup day at dad's. Realized I need to get all other furniture measurements to list for online sales so hopefully later this week. Hubby rather wiped out from plasma donation yesterday - it was 2 bags and he missed lunch. Poor planning on his part, plus age. Guessing he won't volunteer again. They did give him a coupon for free 1 LB coffee at Dunkin'. :coffee:
I need to bake bread (machine). Leftovers for supper, shepherd's pie later in the week from leftover gr beef. I hope everyone has a good week.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
GB that is great. Maybe it covers vitamins and similar also? I will get access to Silver Sneakers through insurance beginning February and I see they have on-demand video workouts, could be useful for the time being.
Tried a new recipe in the bread machine. Been having trouble w/ dough falling but this one worked. I was surprised so will use it again a few times to be sure it's consistent. Hoping we can have leftover meatloaf for supper. Mac & cheese on the side sounds good. Working on another small X-stitch and found another Robert Parker paperback to read. Have not heard from furniture buyer yet, was hoping they would pick up while we are having decent weather instead of waiting for a rainy day.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Red Cross had cracker/cookie packs, maybe juice for donors but that's not lunch. Thanks GB I will check on the rewards, I will have UHC starting Feb 1.
I did finally get appraisal on parent's house. Ordered several more but this was the critical one, my threat last Friday worked. :smile2: Talked to brother about selling furniture on Facebook, he has an account and has done it before. We agreed on dining room furniture (not antique) to try selling that way.
Remaining ground beef for supper. I made a large pan of mac & cheese yesterday, probably my lunch for several days. Trying to get sewing projects organized to work on. Have a good day.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Lots of plans LL. Do you have bleach or other means to make water potable if needed? I don't know if filters can handle everything... You can take first aid training if it's offered free anywhere. Some type of radio that gets the police bands?
I ordered groceries from Target for pickup this morning. They have unbleached flour available again so 10 lbs. Everything cheaper at Target, question is availability. Will stop by credit union to deposit check from the country store. They have mobile deposits but my phone is not smart enough. Otherwise just taking care of housework. Hubby is gone all day, leftovers for supper. I hope everyone has a good day.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Good morning. Wasted too much time w/ JoAnn today. Want some thread, online store won't let me check out repeatedly. I went to store which web site said open 9 am. Nope. Waited around until 10 am. Store looked like a tornado went through. Did not find what I wanted at a price I was willing to pay so left. Will figure it out later. Received 2nd appraisal, today is the deadline I gave them. They still owe me 2 more appraisals but those pertain to brother's property. Country store called and want to pick up furniture Jan 20 (inauguration day). I will drive to parents' house really early and hope protesters don't disrupt traffic. Things getting done but it feels like a constant headache. :pull_hair:
Making bread in the machine again, sausage and pasta for supper. Miscellaneous chores to do around the house. I hope everyone is well.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
BWPeg yikes that is scary about the blood clots. Definitely need to get up and walk around frequently. The blood thinners create their own problems. You will have to be very careful of cuts and bruises. Been there, done that.
Got part of a quilt pieced. There are old applique squares that probably came from grandmother (dad's side). I used new navy fabric strips to set the blocks. I like the way it is turning out. More complicated design than I would usually do, I have to take over the dining room table (again) to work on it some more. Not much else happening today. Sounds like hubby plans to grill steaks for supper. Have a good day.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Terry be sure to check for manufacturer rebates on the dog medications. I was occasionally successful.
I finally had success w/ JoAnn.com and the gift card. Had to check out as GUEST, not login as myself. Does not make sense. Will go pick up tomorrow - thread and quilt batting.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
LL pine cones are great for starting fires. I like black pine ones. White pine cones are sticky with sap and I avoid those.
I am at dad's house, there is work repairing the chimneys. I thought it would all be done today but they can only do part and the rest will be on Thursday. So now extra trip back here. Much of the week wasted driving back & forth to parents' house. :sad:

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Good morning. Got the last 2 house appraisals. One has an apparent error, you can tell they rushed the job since I demanded the money back. I emailed re the error. Have to return to parents' house Wednesday and Thursday for contractor work and furniture buyer. At least the weather is OK. Heard we may get snow next week so avoid scheduling anything for a while.
Got access to hubby's color printer so I could print some color cross-stitch charts. More small free projects. Don't know what is for supper, mostly chicken in the freezer. Ham bone for split pea soup (which hubby won't eat.) Need to make some leftovers since I won't be cooking Wed-Thurs. I hope all are well.

1 - 20 of 364 Posts