Frugal Village Forums banner

821 - 840 of 904 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
DMV around here is always busy no matter what day it is. Yet I see so many expired tags and temp tags. They've never let me do anything if my name wasn't on the title. I can renew tags, but not get new ones. I can do everything for ds because I have POA. Maybe they've changed just to get people in and out faster. Yesterday took a bit longer, because the girl helping us was a talker. They had one look over your paperwork and make sure you had everything and then moved you to someone else to finish. When we lived in New Mexico, you didn't make it to the line if you didn't have everything. They told you what you needed and the sent you away. I like that. Kept the line moving.

Going to a funeral this morning. It's dh's cousin's aunt. Although we always called her Aunty, she's no relation to dh. Dh can't make it. He has a million inspections scheduled today and can't reschedule. Don't really want to go, but I'll go. I doubt many will be there. Afterward, I'll go to UPS to drop off a package. Not sure what I'll do after that. Probably come home and do some laundry and general clean up. I think it's time to clean out the freezer. I can move some stuff the the big freezer and some just needs to be trashed.

Dinner will most likely be leftover burgers or hotdogs. Dgd likes hotdogs. The rest will be made into a few lunches for dh and the rest will go in the freezer. We did taco tuesday yesterday.

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Sun is out finally, looks like a couple of nice days this week, for a change. Need to pay bills and work in the garden. All this rain has created OMG weeds. Want to get it done before it warms up too much. Weather guy said we had 4.5" of rain last month, so why is there 2ft of water in the trash can that got left out?

Various things to do around the house this afternoon. Did a minor amount of shopping yesterday for bread, milk, and eggs. Hoping to have time to relax with one of my hobby projects later.

Chicken piccata with zucchini fries for dinner.

Reactions: marthamfi

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
85 f here so a/c kicked on and humid. yes we aren't used to it. of course have to water outside so hopefully dd did the back like I asked with the veggies etc. will do today and see if I plant more. got a notice about the csa starting soon.

have worked the last couple of days so taking today off and asked manager to do one store. heat , allergies and first week back from covid. will see my mom today so she is happy cus I haven't been for a month of course. will bring her geranium basket that was her mothers day present. did the libraries so have a couple of books for her too. need to go to grocery store. of course housework still laundry to fold etc not that I am rushing lol sheets towels so not like wrinkled matters. need to fresh the rhubarb I cooked last week. told dh but he keeps forgetting to eat it. got chinese yesterday so leftovers from that and other stuff plus chili i defrosted.

went to look at the car monday so should be getting it sat. long list of should dos but don't think much will happen today.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
GB I hope you feel better when the weather improves. We are also expecting some rain and thunderstorms today and tomorrow. There are leftovers, if hubby wants something new for supper he will have to cook it. I will be busy training the new dog. A friend said her old dog learned to just go in the bathroom by herself when it stormed. I will figure out what works. Bought a new bag of treats yesterday. Still need to work on decluttering my office and shred papers.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Sunny today. Dgd spent the night. We'll do piano lessons here in a bit. Need to get the dogs settled from their morning outdoors. We went to McDs this morning for breakfast. Dgd has been asking for a breakfast burrito the last few times she's been here, but always at dinner. I wish they had all day breakfast again. She ate 1 1/2 burritos and one of my pancakes.

Going to clean out the fridge and freezer today. It's trash day. Good time to do it with it getting warm. I always forget. Need to vacuum today. Ds' dogs are shedding. Forgot to take my UPS package with me yesterday. May do that today or tomorrow. Probably a good day to get some laundry going, since I haven't been able to get anything done this week. I'm glad dh didn't have to work the double shifts this week. But he does have to work this weekend. Then next week is the double shifts. House needs a good cleaning after dgd leaves. I don't know how she does it, but it's a mess in here.

I want to declutter and reorganize the cubbies in the dining room. Some are overflowing with stuff and others just have junk in them. Dh brings stuff home and stuffs it where ever and then gets mad when we can't find something.

Not sure what we'll do for dinner. Had leftover hotdogs/sausage last night. Maybe the chicken and rice tonight.

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Sunny and clear and warming up. Starting to look like summer. Will get out and do some more weeding this morning. DH is working at the office today. Nice to have a quiet house again. I think they are going to have people go in a couple of days a week soon. May take the opportunity to vacuum.

Tacos and side salad for dinner. Not sure if I will make a big batch of taco filling or just cook some crumbled meat. Will depend on what I find in the freezer.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Good morning. Thunderstorms missed us last night, passed by north and south. Good practice though. Thought I heard a rumble once and turned on my favorite rock radio station for an hour. Repeat weather today. Thawing ground beef for shepherd's pie. I have a lot of potatoes to use up. Noticed the ham bone in the freezer, get out the bean soup recipe for the weekend. Have a good day.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
House cleaning for me today.Not cooking, so DH will have to bring something home. It’s sunny here and going to get hotter. Humidity is terrible. Back to Texas weather.

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Sunny and warming up today. Got a lot done yesterday without DH underfoot. He is WFH again today. Planted 2 cucumbers and weeded yesterday. Picked a bunch of garlic scapes and made a batch of pesto for the freezer. Today I will plant 2 tomatoes and paint more trellis. On the last panel, but haven't been able to finish it because of all the rain last month. Washed a rug and have it hanging out back. Supposed to be a dry week. May wash a 2nd rug today or tomorrow.

Going to get some salmon out for dinner. Will figure out a vegetable side dish later.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Beautiful day today. Don't really need to go anywhere. Should stay home and get things done around here. Last night dh worked on the riding mower. As he was working, he kept saying he should have just bought a new one. Finally got everything done. He was having trouble with the anti-scalp wheels for the deck. Mowed the front and was very pleased with how it turned out. We have a few dips and small hills in the yard. No scalping and everything was even. No going back over it to make it look right. He was happy he fixed the mower. Did go get a new weed eater. The one we have is a curved shaft. His back always hurts while using. Watched some videos and did some reading and found that using a straight shaft weed eater is better for your back. The curved ones are okay for shorter people. That explains why he only edged half of the yard. He'll finish up the yard tonight.

I haven't done much this week. Really need to get busy and do laundry and clean the house. Dh works all weekend, so I'll have plenty of time to get caught up. Cleaned out the kitchen freezer. So much food in there. Threw out some old stuff and some that had gotten freezer burn. Made a list of everything I found and did some meal planning. Tonight's dinner may be bbq beef sandwiches with some pot roast I found in the freezer. Still have buns left from last weekend. I'll be busy making some things for dh to take to work. It will be extremely long days for him.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
RainI got yet again. Not doing much today. Rain cancelled all outdoor events. Going to bake cookies and that’s about it. I have a hobby of entering contests and have won a few. Got notification today that I won tea. I never win anything big, but it is fun and costs nothing.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Good morning. Hot and sunny for a couple days. Going to work in the yard for an hour or two, then sewing projects. I sorted and discarded papers yesterday and have a big pile to shred. Working on decluttering my office and making it look nice. Hubby is working the next few days after being off for a week. Leftovers for supper. I made the Ovaltine brownies again last night. There is a lot of it to use up. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Sunny morning! Dh is working today. He called and asked me to get a couple of shirts done for him. I need to hem the shirt. He wants them to have a straight hem instead of the flappy ends. I also need to add some to the sleeves. They aren't big enough for his arms. I may see if there is anything I can do with the pants. He needs new pants too. He needs to lose weight, but that isn't going to happen soon enough. He's under a ton of stress at work. Not good. Working all weekend and then Monday starts working too many hours. He needs to be there in the morning for the tennant and the people coming in to do some other work want to work 10 hour days which means 3am. Not sure how that is going to work out. I'm worried about his health. I think he is too. He may be able to take Friday's off for the next few weeks. That would help.

Sewing today and try to clean up and cook to prepare for next week. Not doing Sunday dinner. Don't know what time dh will be getting off and he may not be up to all the chaos that comes with ds and family coming over.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Sunny and getting warm already. Yesterday got up to 90 on my porch. Will be the same today. Going to try and put some time into the yard or garden this morning before it gets too hot. Too much crap growing on the fence from all the rain.

My 2nd fridge/freezer in the garage shut off earlier this week and I noticed it yesterday. Everything had started to thaw. I got most of it moved into the big freezer and upstairs. Only a few $ in frozen vegs didn't have space for. DH said the outlet went bad, we have crappy old wiring. Have replaced a lot over the years but not garage. Most of the food will be ok, bacon is cured, bags of cheese are fine, cherries will be ok, etc. Everything was still cold and some still frozen in the middle. Some frozen vegs that completely thawed might not be great when reheated. Hope the puff pastry didn't thaw too much, it gets messed up if it does. Freezer plugged into a different outlet now, I get to clean it out and can organize stuff better when I put it all back later.

The rug I washed dried real well in the heat yesterday, so I did a 2nd one last night and hung it out on the deck to dry. Slowly getting things cleaned this spring.

Still have ants in the bathroom, going to need to get on a ladder in the laundry room and find that nest. I looked outside and couldn't find anything.

Going to do a chicken stir fry for dinner, unless DH wants to go out. He says he needs new clothes for work. It will take an hour just going across town and back, not counting the shopping. May do it Sunday. His son called out of nowhere, like kids do, and wants to see us and have dinner. It's 45 min out to his place, one way, but there's a lot of places to shop, too.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I'm back.....sister left yesterday morning....she made it home few hours ago....24 hours of driving....We had a nice visit but it was time for her to go....she is OCD and has to be in control. She just sent me a text and told me in CAPS that I really need to get serious and clean the garage and get rid of stuff...We live two completely different lives so I choose to ignore that statement. She was a big help with my pencil packs and my OCC stuff...she organized it all so when I get ready to pack my boxes it will be easier to find stuff....I was disappointed she didn't mention anything about the guest room...you all know I spent months getting that ready with all new furniture, curtains, nice chair and lamp, bed spread and throw pillows and decor....I guess I just wanted her to say it looks nice or thanks for getting the black out curtains...something....oh well....
dlrcpa it has been raining here for two weeks....our grandkids use to shred our papers when they were small....they loved doing it....now they are all grown so we have to do our own....
Jetts glad you got your mower fixed and saved some dollars...Hope your husband finds a way to destress or make his job less stressful....I retired two years early because I knew I couldn't take the stress any longer....
CH glad you caught your freezer and was able to save your food....always a worry of mine...especially now with hurricane season here....won't be filling it like I usually do....
Ahhhhh the kids calling....I get that "what do they want" feeling, especially my son....lately he just calls to check on us...now my daughter a whole other story...she doesn't call...it's like we don't exist......oldest grandson took us to dinner last week and we walk into the restaurant and I hear him say "what are the odds." He starts walking over to a table with a couple sitting there....I looked and thought he must know them.....looked again and said to my sister he must know them.....the women gets up from the table and hugs him.....then it hits me....that's my daughter....she came up and hugged me and asked how I was.....we have completely different views on things so she doesn't talk to me....few days later I sent her a pm telling her how sad it is that we don't see each other and I didn't recognize her....nor did my husband...she sent me a birthday text saying now that we are all vaccinated she will start inviting us over.....we are not allowed to stop by....and on weekends she doesn't answer her phone...when her father died few months ago I had to call youngest grandson in order to get in touch with her....not that she wanted to know about her dad's death but her brother wanted to talk to her....how sad is that....I can't dwell on it....I don't stir the pot and stay away...I don't call or text cause she won't answer me and that upsets me more....don't understand it and never will but my life goes on.
Having leftovers for dinner....pork chops, mac and cheese for husband and spinach souffee (stouffers).....today it rained a little but sun is out now....
Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend....

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Good morning. I think I will just spend the day on minor chores. Don't really feel like getting dirty and sweaty working on the yard. Philodendron rooted in water can be potted, laundry, finish knitting a chemo hat, brush the dogs, etc. There are leftovers and salad stuff for supper. My office is looking neater, it has open shelving. I covered 2 cardboard boxes w/ white contact paper for holding stuff. There are some wooden boxes I could paint/spray white. Can change the throw and pillow on the armchair. It is in the basement so nice and cool for summer. I hope everyone is well.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Sun shining this morning, but storms this afternoon. Woke up with a headache. DH is on vacation this week. He’s driving me crazy! DH,DD, AND DGD and I are meeting DS #2 and his family at a cabin in Broken Bow, OK tomorrow for a couple of days. I already told everyone that I wasn’t cooking. We’ll see how that works out. Have a great day!

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
GB, have a good time with your family.

Dlr, hope you have a relaxing day. The cleaned up office sounds nice.

DH and I cleared the east side fence yesterday morning. 2nd time this spring. We have a good neighbor on that side, but he doesn't clean the fence. Still more work to do around the gate. West side fence is cleaner, but that neighbor lets mulberries and poison ivy grow all over the place, and it spreads.... I also chopped up some invasive bushes in the back. Don't mind a row for privacy, but it's encroaching on the yard. Bunch of vines covering one of the trees was hiding borers and other damaging insects, too.

Meeting stepson for an early lunch, then DH has to get new work clothes and some other stuff. Expect it will fill up the day.

Brats and fries if we're hungry for dinner.

Reactions: bookwormpeg
821 - 840 of 904 Posts