Frugal Village Forums banner
1261 - 1280 of 1324 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
overcast and going to rain so no watering needed. cats can't decide if they are coming in or out. discovered old movie channel like tcm is free so watching old horror..not really horror lol dh off to coffee w friend and can pick up bread and printer paper. hands sore all week so didn't do much but did the one store cus busy next week. of course housework and laundry always. long weekend here and ds back to school tuesday. going into plumbing program so $$ for that.

going to marvel movie ten rings today w dd friend too. not sure what is for dinner at least with it being cooler more options. have enough food in the house for sure. shopped for sales and then for caselot sales again for new flyer. got a 24pack of hotdogs so should be enough lol plus half a can of baked beans to use up etc. frozen fries too. need to pick some tomatoes but need a stretch of sun to ripen the rest.
not sure all what we are doing this weekend yet. besides tv and movies. still decluttering , emptied bookcase and it can move downstairs. don't know where it is going yet or if room. a mess down there again. dh needs to bring the inflatable kayak and camping stuff out to garage.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Home from dog club event, tired. Glad I went to bed early last night and slept well. The weather was good, some years really hot and not much fun. Hubby is making supper. Going to relax tonight and try to stay busy next week getting stuff done.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Martha- We saw the Ten Rings a few hours ago! Kinda not a typical Marvel movie with some verbal things but I thought the fight scenes were very good and exciting. I loved some of the costumes and the slow motion swirling of the actors.

DH smoked ribs and they were good.

I got to see DS1 since we all went to the movies. He was offered a promotion at work. I believe it's the next step if he wants to go higher in the field. I don't know all of the details so I hope to chat soon.

DS2 and I discussed how many credits left to complete his degree. We discussed different options and credits to carry, internships, etc. I hope he passes this semester first as he's worried about one or two classes. But he's getting into the home stretch.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Good morning. Currently overcast sky with rain later. Dog event was 2 days but I'm not going today, someone else gets to deal with the rain. Going to bake a couple loaves of bread and work on knitting or sewing. I have several summer-weight garments to alter, then thinking about changing up some fleece tops I am tired of. Thank goodness I have plenty of winter gear now but adding removable linings to some of the lighter jackets gives them versatility and uses some yardage. Hoping hubby will agree to ham/potato soup from the freezer for supper. He bought a beef roast for Monday.
I hope everyone's weekend is going well.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
When i got out bed this morning it was raining here don't know what time it started for once we were needing rain my lawn was so dry. Seem like we always get rain the first week end in Sept.for that is when the wagon races is in this country i have only been to them one time not my thing.Hope everyone has a good day. 🌷 💐

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Another hot one here....lazy day....I slept really late...got to watching Hoarders on tv last night and didn't go to bed till late late....
Ran to Walgreens and picked up my scripts that were ready....dr. forgot to order one of my bp pills so sent him an email. Don't want to run out of that while on vacation. Picked up two packages of Oscar Mayar bacon for $4 each.....it's a great deal since it's $8.14 at the grocery store....will throw in freezer and make my grandson some eggs and bacon breakfast rollups. Had husband go into big lots and pick me up some flavored water and dried apples. I knew if I went in I would walk out with a cart load....
Yesterday I spent all day packing 15 shoeboxes....I was talking to my nephew on the phone Friday and I looked and saw a tote filled with boys clothing....I thought I was finished.....nope, had 15 outfits so got them out of way yesterday......but I see the end...I have 18 more outfits for girls so that means 18 shoeboxes and then I will pack up what's left and send it as filler...plan on keeping the extra crayons, markers, & socks for next year. The rest is going to go....I forgot I had two cases of belts in garage....they are going as fillers....I got carried away with that one....

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.....

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Good morning. Going to be cool later this week, maybe I can get more yard work done. Made chicken pot pie for supper, used up leftover chicken and vegs, Bisquick recipe. Hemmed a skirt and put away yesterday. Need to brush the dogs and bring more plants inside. Hubby is making supper tonight. I hope everyone is well.

·
Registered
10,072 Posts
We are home from vacation. Had terrific weather the whole time. Hot, but so nice to see the sun and clear blue sky, and nowhere near as humid as home. I got to lounge by the pool on Friday and Saturday, it was great.

No fresh food in the fridge, so the plan is to make a menu plan and do some shopping. Want to eat a bit lighter after all the restaurant food.

House smells of cats, got a window open for air. Could use a breeze to actually move it out of here. Will get stuff unpacked and into the wash later today. Just enjoying the quiet morning for now.

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday weekend.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
DD14 received her first paycheck (ever) today. She says she doesn't understand why we're making such a big deal about it. But it IS a big deal!!! In an era where "everybody gets a trophy," and schools cannot give you a grade less than 50% as long as you at least tried, this is something that she actually EARNED. She knows we are proud of her, and hopefully she'll remember that and someday look back and understand why.

Between her hourly wage and tips, she cleared $350 after taxes, and will be putting most of that into savings, though she has spent some of the tip money already on yummy fair food.

It will be Wednesday afternoon before I can take her to do her deposit. Because she is so young, our bank will not give her an ATM card, so we have to go during business hours and in-person. I am busy tomorrow, so we will go after she gets home Wednesday from her first day of high school. I think I'm going to cry.

·
Super Moderator
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,271 ·
I remember my first "real" job - $2. an hour! back in 1973.

Bought a pair of jeans on Ebay, $10 with free shipping. And free returns if I don't like it. Also just bought 500 sheets of printer paper on Ebay for $6 with free shipping. I don't know how they do it, we'll see. Same stuff that WM sells for $4. It's worth $2 to me to not have to go to WM, I hate that place.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Good morning. Nice weather again today. Hubby and I will probably get flu shots at CVS today or tomorrow. Need to pick up PetSmart order, had $20 worth of coupons I wasn't going to waste. On the lookout for stockpile bargains. Work on sewing and knitting projects. Leftovers for supper. I hope everyone is having a good week.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Got our flu shots at CVS. On the way out noticed 8 oz bottle of hand sanitizer on sale 29 cents. I checked out and used 20 cents extrabucks, so paid 10 cents for it. Coupons printed out for $2 Extrabucks rewards and 35% off one item. Crazy but I will go back later in the week and use them.

·
Registered
10,072 Posts
Sunny with a cool breeze this morning, but likely to get up to 90 again. It's gym day and I'm looking forward to a good stretch and getting the blood moving.

Did a big grocery shop yesterday, $120, but saved $45 on sale items. 1lb bacon was 2.99, I got the limit of 4 and also got 1lb free with grocery points. Got a side of ribs on sale, we haven't had that in over a year. Filled up vegetable drawers. Cold cuts and yogurt for DH. They had milk marked down to .50, dated Sept 12, got one for DH's cereal. Overall not terrific deals this week, but you do the best you can with what they offer.

Forgot and left a big package of TP in the bottom of my cart when I left. Was a big tow truck behind me in the parking lot and I wanted to get out of there before he blocked me in so he could get at the guy with the broken car. Went back ten minutes later, was afraid someone would have stolen it....it's that kind of neighborhood.... but someone had taken it to customer service and I got it back. Whew!

Slowly getting stuff unpacked and put back where it belongs. Cats are happy to see us, they did well by themselves while we were gone. The sick one is doing much better these days.

Chicken and corn on the cob for dinner. Hope everyone has a good day.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Nice sunny, somewhat quiet day. I have lots to do. Didn't get much done lately It was not the best holiday weekend. Found out on Thursday, that my cousin had passed away. Then we took the cat to have her ear looked at. Bad news. She has a tumor in her ear. Vet says it's normally in older cats and was surprised to see it in a younger cat. He gave us drops and will go back next week. I know it will be bad news. The survival rate is less than a year and 75% chance of the tumor coming back if it's removed. It would be very expensive for the surgery. We're hoping it's not as bad and that she will be able to live a longer life, but I don't have my hopes up. We'll let her "go" when we see she's struggling. She's already shaking her head more than she was. I've been in tears most of the weekend. She's been very cuddly this week.

Saturday night we spent 5 hours at the emergency vet with two of the dogs. They had been vomiting all day. One was really lethargic. It was either the beef jerky dh fed them (I tell him all the time not to feed them that stuff) or they got into the litter box in the garage. Oldest dgd insisted on going with us. At 1:00am I took her to the car and she fell asleep. Got home about 3:30am. We tried to tell her to go home, but she wanted to stay with the dogs. They are fine now, but was really worried about them.

We did go out for breakfast yesterday. Met up with dh's cousin and his son, ds and family came too and also dh's brother. Came home and did a little clean up. Dgd swam for a little bit, the water was too cold. I still have mounds of laundry to do. Cleaned the dog crate. Gave the two little dogs a bath. They rolled in something outside and one still smelled of vomit. I haven't done any grocery shopping. Need to make a list. I'll probably just do some order pickups.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Good morning. Fortunately flu shots did not bother us at all. Warmer today and trash company has not picked up yard debris so I'm waiting for empty cans to do more clearing. Probably will get groceries Thursday, last day of sale and mark-downs. Have not heard back from 2 companies regarding deck repair, don't know who hubby will try next - nuisance. Driveway sealing is scheduled in 10 days as long as no rain that day. Should work on paperwork and de-cluttering today.

·
Registered
10,072 Posts
Another cool morning warming up to something hotter. DH and I had a nice walk at sunset. We'll do that more now that fall is coming. In a few more weeks we'll be able to get to the yard work. Went out yesterday briefly to pick tomatoes. Thinking that a tomato and puff pastry tart would be a good offering for the potluck dinner this weekend.

Resisted the urge to go out shopping.... don't need anything, already spent a bunch of money on vacation. Just going to be a quiet day at home. Already did dishes. Kitchen floor needs a sweep and a good scrub. Ugh.

Jetts, so sorry to hear about your cat. I hope they can give her some relief. Glad the dogs are ok.

Dlr, hope you find a good repairman. I hate it when they won't call back.

Teriyaki salmon. rice, and veggie bowls for dinner.

Reactions: Zhoen and marthamfi

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Hope everyone is feeling well! ah sorry to hear about your cat Jettsmom. so hard esp when young. glad the dogs are fine. ch glad you had a good holiday! Zhoen that is great she earned that much! my ds is about spending it but is getting better. guess all the looking at sales/thrift stores with grandma and me played off. bought himself a winter coat on clearance. he is doing plumbing program at school for first semester. first day of school here and dd who is up all nite so not up now. so peaceful until 3pm. Rujerro yes was a good movie.. esp the dragon.

allergy pill kicking in ..really needed it. was raining now sun so muggy. think that didn't help my sinuses either. forgot farm veggie pick up last night ..so went this morning to get it plus library near there to get holds and drop off books. turns out cat peed on shoes saw puddle when I got home so thankful didn't go to work. put the shoes in washer w sheets. she is upset cus of cat we thought stray cus living on our porch for week but got claimed at shelter. and of course our fault ..is outside cat..so .you can't even adopt here if you say you will let cat outside so bs. so showed up again and then w collar and tags. not for a few days so maybe keeping it at home or coyote got it. teen cat so thinks it can come in when it wants no way. all three cats were like no way guarding house. wasn't going to let it move in. that one neighbour everyone has...

will run dishwasher too. floor needs a wash but meah clean it and it is dirty five min later. do it when no one is home early so I can enjoy it lol. my amazon order came with dry cat food and replacement pot lids I needed. my casserole pot lid shattered a few years ago and no other pot lid fits. why I didn't think of it ages ago don't know. plus my latest barbie lol.

need to switch to fall decor, and .and. lol always something isn't there. boys can put the boxes to thrift store in the car later for me since will be near thrift store. found coat and windbreaker in storage forgotten about.. sigh we could have a fire wouldn't know what we had. camping stuff from house needs to go to garage too. at least backpack got used ds went for hike w friends.

bought chinese food yesterday and a donair meal kit ..not bread included so not as cheap as costco but got some naan. dinner tonight. not in a state to cook. dh finally ordered a replacement remote (acct in his name) we were suppose to get one w new modem but no. it is screwing up bigtime. I found the old ones downstairs that we had taken from mil when her eyes and mind were going she would screw up tv and then play with all the remotes..old ones she had and well you know. so dh took it away and finally took my suggestion of getting her a senior remote. was nice the stuff for legally blind is the same as dementia so said it was cus of that. we gave it to someone else in the home after. so slowly but surely getting though stuff downstairs. didn't do a fall declutter last year. still giving books to little library. still need to take out pics of more frames I found to get rid of frames. we got all the family pics back when everyone passed in the frames they keep popping up.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
floor needs a wash but meah clean it and it is dirty five min later. do it when no one is home early so I can enjoy it lol.
I felt this in my soul. (Except for the part about no one being home... even after the kids are both back in school tomorrow, H will STILL be home all day since his lectures are virtual.)

need to switch to fall decor,
You are a better person than me! I do some for Christmas, then take it back down again-- sometimes do a bit of "cozy" through January and February... but the rest of the year nope. It's all I can do to occasionally beat back the clutter!

Reactions: josantoro
1261 - 1280 of 1324 Posts