Frugal Village Forums banner
1421 - 1440 of 1500 Posts

·
Registered
10,203 Posts
Good morning. Cloudy here with a little sun peeking through. Would be nice if it would make up it's mind and either rain or clear off.

Spent a ton on food yesterday and only bought one pack of half price hamburger. Should get us through the next 10 days or so, though. Socializing this weekend so I don't have to cook for two days.

Breaking down the rotisserie chicken for lunch. There should be enough left for pita sandwiches (with leftovers from the other night) and for either chicken salad or pot pie later. I'll freeze the bones for soup.

Hot dogs and slaw for dinner. That will use up the last two buns and kill the head of cabbage in the fridge.

Going to dry peppers and tomatoes today in a low oven. When the tomatoes are soft I will blend them into sauce for pizza next week.

Hope everyone is doing well.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
not the revenge puker but the pee'r
This made me laugh WAY too hard... "the revenge puker" and "the pee'r." I am going to start calling my kids that in my head!!! am sorry that your furbaby isn't feeling well, though.

World Market had christmas stuff out.
I am SO jealous!!! I have to drive an hour to get to our nearest World Market! (And I do, at least once a year...)

·
Registered
10,203 Posts
I am SO jealous!!! I have to drive an hour to get to our nearest World Market! (And I do, at least once a year...)
Mine's not quite that far away, but it is fairly out of my way. I only go 2-3 times a year, because it's near the hospital where I get tests.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Put the Sprouts app on my phone and I get two free products each week. This week I got butter and salad dressing. Got large pkgs of chicken breasts for 99 cents/lb. at Kroger. I’m trying to stock up and prepare for shortages that I hear are coming.
That's cool! I may have to look into that. There is a sprouts market out by my nearest-but-still-kinda-far Aldi. I have been adding so many apps to my phone lately for the free junk, what's one more?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I picked up a few things at the market- TP, ground beef for $4/lb (93% lean) and water. I'll look for chicken next.

Making a mexican casserole for dinner. Tomorrow will be baked ziti since I'm thawing out ground beef/sausage//sauce.
I'm going to try to declutter day by day. Even just one thing. I have a donation truck coming next month.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Sun shining today. Supposed to warm up for a few days and then turn colder. Feeling better today. I could tell the crud was breaking up this morning. First time all week I've not been super congested. Dgds are still pretty sick. Oldest does better when she stays with us. I give her medicine. Not sure why her mom won't give her medicine. She's very diligent in taking care of the cats, but the poor girls suffer when they are sick. I have a feeling it has to do with the "liver disease" warning on the medicine bottles. Sorry, I don't think giving them a proper dose will hurt them. I would think that would be for people who over medicate, take more than they should and take it every single day of their lives, not just when sick. Oldest will be here later today and spend the night. She'll get pampered and given proper medicine to help her feel better.

Dh ordered an air fryer last night. I put in another grocery order to get wings and sauces. That's what he wants to try first. I did a grocery order yesterday for the bulk of my groceries, but then ran inside to get fruit. After seeing the fruit, I think this time it would have been okay to let them pick fruit for me. Sent dgd home with some things too. She always has a grocery list for me. Poor girl has been asking for grapes, but every time I go, they aren't very good. Yesterday I think they will be fine. Gave her some and brought some home. She loves fruit.

Probably won't do much this weekend. I'll do some laundry, but that will be about it. Dh said his throat was sore this morning. He took the last two days off. Better spend the weekend resting and eating chicken wings!

Have a good weekend, everyone!!!!

·
Registered
10,203 Posts
Another sunny fall morning. Leaves are starting to yellow but mostly everything is still green. Weather has been very nice this week.

No plans, going to try to keep busy at home today. Will thaw and smoke a side of salmon for dinner tonight. Meanwhile, need to work out next week's menu with what's in the freezer. Looks like weather will continue to be mild, with a chance of rain.

Hope everyone has a good weekend ahead, especially those who get a holiday on Monday.

Reactions: marthamfi and Zhoen

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Weather here has been fluctuating. I'm wearing shorts today. Did SS exercise class and some paperwork. I froze leftover gumbo from last night. Too many other leftovers in the fridge and hubby won't eat them. Working on small quilts for donation and knitted hats. Dog2 had GI problems yesterday, I need to wash dog things. Got another PetSmart $10 coupon to use, have to decide what is needed. Hope everyone's weekend starts well.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Good morning. Cloudy but it does not look like rain expected. Actually no rain yet this month. Hubby has my old laptop and phone to clean up before taking for disposal/recycle. Thinking about some BBQ for supper but need buns, maybe hubby will go if he is out. I still have some laundry to do, then probably back to sewing.

·
Registered
10,203 Posts
Same here Dlr, cool and cloudy but no rain expected. Supposed to be meeting friends for lunch and an afternoon out but there seems to be a lack of enthusiasm at the last minute (not on my end). It may turn into a wasted afternoon. I wish people would be up-front if they don't want to do something rather than waiting until the last minute to cancel.

Kohl's sent me another $5 coupon. Don't know if it is worth the drive over there. They had nothing I wanted last month.

Dirty Rice and a salad if we're home in time for dinner and have an appetite.

Reactions: Zhoen and marthamfi

·
Super Moderator
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,433 ·
went through my clothes, got rid of two pairs of jeans that are too big. Went through shirts, measuring shoulder to shoulder width. Got rid of the biggest ones. I like loose tops but I'm not doing myself any favors by wearing oversize mens shirts. Trying to dress more feminine. They have a bin at the recycling center (Helpsy).

Made lemon bars from scratch, I've only made from a mix before. Still cooling down.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
chilly here fall as arrived cloud and rain 50f all week.. cats scratching so flea meds time tonight. bought them long time ago. had a lazy day planned but though not getting a lot of sleep..active..exciting things like bleaching kitchen sinks, laundry etc. stripped the bed and washing blankets etc. puttering putting stuff away and into donate boxes etc. maybe cus I actually have been getting some alone time regularly this week while ds is at school and dd is cat sitting. dh went for coffee w friend. he is up for going to see latest bond movie but will hit costco for movie passes cus a lot cheaper and he needs his coffee.

Thanksgiving here this weekend. Family prefers ham so got a toupee one. plus more groceries and I got 2 pairs of jeans for dh for his birthday next week plus sleep pants and a pair of pants for xmas. that paycheque came and went friday lol plus made cc payment. plus a trip to michaels. We don't get free stuff like you guys up here with groceries.

is a long weekend and have some volunteer work to do but monday. have half a can of big beans to use up plus bought some maui beef ribs ..were marked down but still $16 for barely 2 servings. but haven't had them for ages. our bbq is not that hot so takes a while to cook stuff. last time said 400f to cook a pork sirloin but was an hour and still pink inside. well would be 30mins and cooked in the oven at that temp. so maybe time for new one. told him to get the mattress and foam pad out of the basement ..into trailer for dump run or foam pad into tent trailer which needs a tarp and the heater put in there. need to pick apples too but will see. watching our shows at the moment that I pvr'd. and rewaking up ds cus almost 1pm.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Sounds like everyone is having a good weekend......it was beautiful here today.....low 80's.....
Had to pick up two auction wins....one was just four Christmas dinner plates and a large Christmas plate I will use for cookies to give away.....then second one I got two WELCOME signs for front door (one will be given as a gift) and one that is red/white/blue like a flag and its says USA....very nice and I paid only $2 for each....
Heard DG was having a good sale....50 off of yellow tags and then another 50 off so I watched a video of a women who showed everything she got so when I got there it was easy to find the things....I got a ton of stuff.....went to second and third store but they didn't have anything like the first but I did manage to spend money.....lol Of course they only had one cashier and it took a while to check out....should have added two more headbands for $4 total so I could have used my $5 off 20 as those headbands would have been free....oh well, win some, lose some....
Had boxed frozen pizza for dinner....took all the tags off the stuff I bought and will pack up to store for next year shoeboxes....
I got vanilla beans and vodka to make vanilla....I've never made it before so am hoping it comes out....going to that Christmas craft exchange party in December and I usually wait till last minute so decided to do this instead so all I have to do is hope it "takes" and add the label and ribbon, put in bag and call it a day.....Still have vodka left so may just get more beans and make me some....what's another $25.....
We are on vacation Wednesday for two weeks....not going anywhere so will take a few day trips....planning on visiting my friend in the country and then spending the weekend in the town next to theirs since it's a historic town...been there before but there is always something new going on in these small tourist towns....
Stay safe....stay healthy and have a wonderful Sunday.....

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Peg, good luck with that vanilla.
Maybe some rain today. I think dog2 needs a bath and some other household chores to attend to. Like getting on a ladder to change the porch light bulb. I can finish binding the small quilt and knitting a hat. Hubby got buns for BBQ tonight, he grilled steaks yesterday. Have a good day.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Peg- I have done that with the vanilla before... you have started it in plenty of time, so it should be wonderful by Christmastime! Even with the cheapest vodka you can find, it still is better than anything labelled "pure vanilla" in the stores.

In fact, the current bottle of "store" vanilla extract I am using is the first time I have used non-home-extracted vanilla in YEARS... and that's just because sneaky DD17 started making her drinks with lots of "vanilla"... meaning she was irish-ing up her coffee and cocoa ... :rolleyes: It seems like I may be stuck with the store junk again until both of my clever girls turn 21... like you mentioned, those beans are EXPENSIVE... bad enough they have to be sneaky teenagers, but they can sneak mickeys and wild turkey from their friends' older siblings like everybody else... leave my expensive vanilla beans out of your bad teenage choices...🤣

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Zhoen sounds like your girl is veryyyyy clever.....lol You are right those beans are expensive.....very!!!!! I went over budget as gifts are suppose to be $5 and you know it's costing about three times that amount.....but, like I said I didn't want to be running around like crazy, last minute ,like last year......

I put all the bottles back in the foam box they came in which is very secure....each bottles fits in a hole and then there is a solid foam top that holds the tops of each of the bottles......now all I have to do is shake the box a few times once a day or so....I thought I was very clever to think of this so I don't have to shake each bottle.....I have one clear bottle for myself that I hid in my pantry....it's starting to take already.....I sure hope it's good...

Went back to DG and got 40 more key chains for .15 cents and some red/white/blue marked down stuff.....went to Big Lots as I had a $5 off $15....picked up a few things....

Saw grandson and gave him $$ for his homecoming. He's such a good kid.....Band keeps him really busy....yesterday he got up at 5:30 AM and was at a competition until midnight.....keep him out of trouble....

Going to the country next weekend.....made reservations at hotel tonight....just going for two nights.....nice drive and will be nice to get out of his concrete city....

I still haven't ordered groceries...won't do it this week with us being on vacation doing side trips for two weeks.....I don't plan on cooking.....

Hope everyone has a great week.....stay well, stay healthy....

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Peg- I always wanted to try making vanilla extract...LMK how it turns out. Does a entire bottle of vodka hold a bean or two?

I've been thinking of a church fundraiser. Originally, I wanted to do a gift-wrapping table and sell entertainment books but the books are now sold online. I contacted a coffee company that does do fundraisers selling bags and boxes of coffees but haven't heard back.... The only other thing I could think of is to invite crafters/artisans to have a table and have us wrap any items sold.....But this would be a huge endeavor and not sure we have the time or space to do this. Originally, we would do it after Mass on Sunday, during a donut sale..... We used to have a Third World Market with loads of tables of items from around the world..That would've been perfect.......But we haven't done that in years....

DS2 is nervous about a class and has asked other students for help but everyone seems troubled. I went online again to find a tutor. I hope we have one soon. It's pricey but we're in the home stretch......

1421 - 1440 of 1500 Posts