Frugal Village Forums banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I was hoping to get into the garden today but between the wind chill and cranky leg, I decide not to. I'll go tomorrow, especially since it's supposed to be warmer. I didn't see any plant starts that called to me at the farmer's market anyway.

Still waiting on the water spiket to get fixed at the garden. We do have a backup cistern to collect rainwater but I'm not sure if the rain earlier in the week filled it up enough to get some water from it. Somehow, the cistern was drained a few weeks back, likely from someone not turning the faucet off properly.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
got my flowers which I got to redo some baskets etc. not going to get a lot this year the flat of marigolds and petunias is enough. last year the marigolds disappeared for some reason. the veggies were 4 diff tomatoes, romaine lettuce, cucumber, zucchini, kale, one with no tag so thinking it is a bean.. not sure what the other is too. family gets to move dirt from raised bed to other place better sun for mothers day.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Got some more weeding done yesterday. I still have about half the plot to finish weeding but at least I got some done. We're still waiting on the water faucet for the garden to be fixed. In the meantime, we're also trying to figure out how we're going to refill the 'backup' cistern, with the rain being so hit or miss.

I will check the farmer's market again next week to see if I find any other plant starts I want to put in the garden. I do have to get some peas in the ground, though. I do like peas and have a packet of them. I just need to put them in the ground. Although I do also need to make sure I have water to water them when I do.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Got some more weeding done. Also planted a couple more tomato plants. Some I'll give to the wait staff at the restaurant where I go for brunch. But I want to start making tomato sauce like I did a few years back. I enjoyed that.

They're still working on getting the water faucet fixed. I hope that's done soon. It's been dry the past two months and the cistern is dry as well.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I will do some weeding and pulling in the rock garden today. I'm replanting the apple tree and will attempt to grow carrots and basil. The carrots take 60 days to grow and with this wet weather, I'm hoping they grow....We have a wine barrel outside and I usually put herbs in it. They do well in it, although there have been 2 holes in the soil in it..Maybe from that pesky squirrel.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts