Frugal Village Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Got out for a couple mile walk today. 25F mild day. No meat today.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Walked 1.5 miles after the 7500 steps at work today. Yet another new trail found in local park. No red meat again today but did have some fish. Made some carrot cake, lots of carrots but lots of calories as well. Eating salad every day which is not common for me. Trying to add extra vegetables to whatever I make whether pizza, casserole, sandwich or a smoothie. My diet coke daily intake has not decreased however. One change at a time to improve my nutritional intake.

·
Registered
291 Posts
good for you Kim B!
I've done my workout and yoga every day. A couple of days it's been mild but most days pretty active. Usually do it right away in the morning. Seems to be a half hour to a hour when I set the mood for the day.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Chose to have a few bites of skinless chicken. (Trying to challenge myself to avoid meat ). Walked 3 miles. Adding more veggies to my meals. Weight stable.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I left the car in the garage and walked to the post office to send an important letter. That's a little over 6 miles.
Unfortunately it rained most of the time, but I was wearing the right jacket.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
M-Nice walk. Sorry it rained though.
I’m planning to make a veggie tray of ready to eat vegetables for snacking.

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
Looking like a nice day, supposed to warm to 50. DH and I are planning a walk.

Reactions: KimB

·
Registered
291 Posts
Still doing my daily workout and yoga. This morning I did an extra workout on youtube but accidentally picked one 10min longer than I thought! i did it anyway. glad we're all keeping up on this so far.

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
DH and I got out for a walk today and on Wednesday. We only go around the block, but every little bit helps.

Reactions: KimB

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
2 long days on my feet. I get 7500 steps during my work days. 1 degree F and windy out so I won’t be walking outside today. I’ve increased my vegie intake. Cutting up the vegetables and having ready to eat in fridge has helped. Weight has been down 1# throughout this week.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Going to use up veggies I have in a bok Choy soup recipe I found. Will be first time eating bok choy. I’ve been adding extra veggies to whatever I make. To start the soup I will use the saved end pieces,greens and peelings from veggies past couple weeks to make veggie broth. I’ve continued to avoid red meat for a personal challenge as well. Got my wii fit going again which is nice as not getting outside due to below zero temps.

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
I like bok choi in the summer, it's a milder version of cabbage. Does not need much cooking. I'm going to try growing it this year. Some times the cabbage loopers or the rabbits get it before I do. I would buy it, but it's rarely available near me.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Still too cold to walk outside today. Hoping tomorrow afternoon will be doable. Going to make a healthy smoothie now packed with nutrient dense fruit ,veggie ,seeds.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I would like to join in, dh and I are both trying to eat healthier and this will help me stay on track by being accountable.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Go for it Rabbit!
I am still working out and doing some yoga every day. So far I've been able to do pretty intense work outs. Kind of regretted that today. I work out first thing (qualifier: 20min HIIT with youtube is my version of "intense" right now, I am not a spring chicken) in the morning, like 4 or 5 am, so it's done and I can clean up and get breakfast and get on with my day. Well, we got DUMPED ON with snow. 11 inches in 48 hours. It's light and fluffy so far. Still, 2 hours of shoveling yesterday. 1 today. And hiking through 11inches of snow in giant insulated knee boots (they got us these at work...they are magical as far as warm feet) was a REAL work out. My thighs are still shaky. I have coated myself in basically "bengay"...though it is a coconut oil based one my friend makes. I wreak of wintergreen. Hope it works.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Welcome Rabbit. My dh is eating healthier with me as well.
Maggie you’re really getting the work outs with that snow!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I too try to workout early in the morning, I'm up at 5am and usually working out by 5:30. That being said, I did not get my workout in today, will have to make up for it tomorrow. Ate really well today, all meals and snacks were healthy.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
HIked 3 miles up and down hills today with dh and dgs. 20 F and sunny. Nutrition - ate too many snacks today.
Weight down a couple pounds though.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Dh and I are doing good on our new eating plan. Dh cannot take his cholesterol meds anymore due to being on a new drug, so he is now on a low cholesterol diet. I don't have a problem with cholesterol but to support him I have also changed the way I eat. Dh has lost 6 lbs and I have lost 2 in the past two weeks. I have been doing good with my workouts in the morning and mostly good with my diet. I did break into a package of cookies that was in the donate bag the other day. I ate a bunch and then threw the rest away. Why eat any more?!

21 - 40 of 42 Posts