Frugal Village Forums banner
61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,054 Posts
There are so many recipes in the WW database on the app. It's easy to find tasty ideas. A lot of them are based around Med Diet guidelines and both plans easily dovetail with each other. There are actually 3 plans to choose from now.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I have realized I always want a glass of wine when I am cooking dinner - because I hate cooking dinner. Need to prep it all at lunchtime and stick in the fridge to reheat or something. Different mental state.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Today was a happy weigh-in day... down 3.8lbs this week (after a perfect 0.0 plateau last week, so average 1.9 lb each week) and just barely over 20lbs total. I don't really see a difference yet, but I tried on my "goal pants") just now and they look less awful. I went back onto eBay and ordered myself another overpriced charm for 20lbs... the 25lb one should come free from WW when I get to that point.

DD17 was feeling tired last night, so we skipped working out this morning. That is a good thing, because my nursing school dropped an absolute TON of paperwork (which means things like classes and training and a flu shot--which only came out this week-- not just simple fill-out-forms...) and of course it is all due N.O.W!!!! So luckily I am not tired and achy and just finding those emails just now... and luckily I had already done a lot of it in advance, but today and the weekend are now SUPER busy/stressful... but that's just how it is with this program sometimes.

I am grateful to have some financial wiggle room for when I have to cram in $200 in tests and classes at the drop of a hat (I can't imagine trying to do this as a broke 20-something working part-time!!!) And I am grateful that I will be carrying 20 less pounds as I do all those shifts (wherever they end up being.) And while I am blue that my kids are getting so big (high schoolers) and our nights of midnight giggles are numbered, at least I don't have to stress about child care arrangements for my shifts. Tomorrow I should still be about to squeeze in the 5k walk I was planning to do first thing in the morning, and it should all be good. I was already planning to touch up my roots this weekend anyway, so a few extra white hairs just means prettier highlights, right? 😁

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Did 4 SS Zoom workouts last week and finished one today. I love that they are able to push us hard using the simplest equipment (dumbbells, stretchy band) and relatively small amount of space. No excuses.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Spirit Deer, congrats!!!

Well, the website that would be starred out if said it's name on here, initials SP, officially closed today, so I will be on the hunt for a new "backup nutrition tracking site." For now I have downloaded MFP... it is ok, but the free version does not allow you to customize much, so I will use it until I find something better...

WW is fine for guiding weight loss, but their current system doesn't allow for nutrient tracking, and their points value for milk feel discouraging... so I need a second tracker to make sure I am getting enough calcium and other things... It is not my BONES that need to lose weight!!!

·
Registered
10,072 Posts
Zhoen, sad that SP closed, but I see there's a replacement, have you looked at it? I don't have time right now.

The USDA maintains a searchable database FoodData Central

Off to the gym.....

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
So my 20lb charm arrived yesterday and I just now added it to my key ring.
Body jewelry Natural material Collar Ribbon Jewellery

CH, I haven't looked at the new spark site yet. Planning to, though.

·
Super Moderator
20,054 Posts
Yea for 20 lost! Good job!

Did you get a 15 lb charm? If so, I should get one any time now. I ordered a free cookbook with Wins rewards points.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
SD, no... :( People on connect are saying that you only get 5/10/25/then every 25 if you are virtual like I am.

I bought myself the 15 and 20lb charms on eBay along with the 5% charm that is from an old program. The 25lb charm should come free eventually when the time comes, then I am thinking of buying the 10%, 30lb and 40lb charms as I reach those milestones... I think the little tokens are more important the longer you go as the doldrums start to kick in.

I don't have enough rewards yet to get anything, but even when I do, nothing on the list excites me, so I will save up and see what comes along in the future.

·
Super Moderator
20,054 Posts
I love cookbooks, but I agree selection for the Wins aren't great. I did get the steel drinking straw set a while back. Very nice and I use at least one every day.

Charms were a big help to me when I was losing on TOPS. I bought a bunch of their discontinued charms really cheap and just added them to my bracelet as I hit the milestones TOPS didn't have awards for. I filled every link in my bracelet at least once. Wish I could get that motivated again.

I had a 2.2 lb jump this AM. I suspect salt. It better be. Bummer.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Realizing benefits from the exercise program as I go about housework, deep extended squats as I put away stuff in the bottom cabinets, no discomfort or trouble getting up. 2 nights ago spent time watching youtube of "DDP Yoga". Pretty entertaining - former WWE wrestler who stared his own stylized yoga program. There are some impressive stories by those following him who got both physical and mental health benefits.

·
Super Moderator
20,054 Posts
DDP looks so different without the steroids. Good on him for his successful business.

Lost the 2.2 I gained. Tomorrow won't be a good food day, so I probably won't have a net loss this week. Oh, well.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Good work, DLR!!! I haven't been doing as much this week-- combination of weather, mood, and circumstances...

I considered doing an Oktoberfest-themed 5k (walk) yesterday, but ultimately decided it was too far a drive and too many people... So instead I stayed home, did some housework, and cooked bratwurst for dinner... Ultimately a savings on gas and time... but not only did I not get in a walk, now there are two leftover brats in the fridge calling my name!

My weigh-in Friday was down 1.2lbs, putting me at my 5lb goal for the month with 10 days to spare... I would be thrilled if I could do 2 more lbs by the end of the month, which would put me at my 10% goal, but nature is working against me this week, both with storms keeping me indoors and monthly fluctuations going on. So I am trying hard to convince myself that it is enough to have met the 5lb goal and anything more is gravy...

Thursday night our local library had free line dancing lessons. That was SO fun! And I drank SO much water! I wish they did it more often! I'm not comfortable with going alone to the country bar (H hates line dancing,) but I'm thinking maybe I can find some videos online to practice with sometime when everybody is out of the house...

·
Super Moderator
20,054 Posts
Cut the brats in half lengthwise. Instantly, half the fat, salt, and points but all the flavor. Chop up a little piece, fry, and scramble in some eggs. One of my favorite ways for unhealthy meats is cabbage hash. Coarsely chop a bunch of cabbage, fry a small amount of diced meat with chopped onions, add cabbage, cook till wilted. You can add a little water to steam everything. This is a great fridge cleaner because you can use up most any kind of veggie. Serve plain or with a little dark sesame oil (extra points) or soy sauce (potential sodium gain).

Net loss of 2.4 for me this week, even with the 2.2 regain and re-loss. Not bad. Down 18 now. My painfully tight pants are now drooping. I could wear them if we moved back to the 'hood. I'm expecting a plateau any time now. Then I'll start exercising. (Any excuse to procrastinate some more.) 😁

My doc is going to be so happy.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Cut the brats in half lengthwise. Instantly, half the fat, salt, and points but all the flavor. Chop up a little piece, fry, and scramble in some eggs. One of my favorite ways for unhealthy meats is cabbage hash. Coarsely chop a bunch of cabbage, fry a small amount of diced meat with chopped onions, add cabbage, cook till wilted. You can add a little water to steam everything. This is a great fridge cleaner because you can use up most any kind of veggie. Serve plain or with a little dark sesame oil (extra points) or soy sauce (potential sodium gain).
Hehe! I always wondered what midwesterners do for "hot dish" when butter, sour cream, mushroom soup, and noodles are cut out! Now I know! ;P

Luckily my vegetarian daughter is occasionally more "flexitarian," and she took care of one of the brats last night. Whenever she feels like eating meat, she makes up a story about how the animal in question was a horrible, abusive critter and deserved to die. You'd be amazed how many racist chickens and spouse-abusing pigs there are in her world-- but she makes the world a better place by occasionally eating them...

Excellent loss this week, SD!!! I'm jealous! I feel ya on the "any excuse" thing. I keep saying I'm going to add in abs and floor work "soon," but I can't today because then I'll be sore for my last dance lesson tonight...

·
Registered
10,072 Posts
I'm holding steady this year, which is neither good or bad. For brats, I used to get the turkey ones which were lower in fat and salt, but finding turkey anything is a challenge these days. Split them or pierce them and simmer in plain water for 20-30 mins and lots of fat comes out of them. Can eat as-is or brown them in a pan or on the grill before serving.

Cardio day tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
20,054 Posts
Z, I've raised procrastination to such a high world class level it should really be made into an Olympic event. 😂

I've been tracking (real tracking, with weighing and measuring, not lying-tracking where I'm just guessing at portions and applying wishful thinking) and using only very minimal weeklies. What it boils down to is I've unintentionally cut out almost all sweets and have carbs like rice and potatoes very rarely. I know whatever I do, I have to be able to do it for the rest of my life. I've never been able to before, obvs, but I'm eternally optimistic.

I switched to the cream of whatever soup mix yrs ago. It takes a little bit to get used to it because it has lots less sodium and fats, but it works pretty well IMO. I make it without bouillon since that's so salty and it makes the mix rock hard after a while.

61 - 80 of 96 Posts