Frugal Village Forums banner
81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I was finally able to create an account on the new Spark360 today... not impressed. I guess I'm sticking with MFP for the time being for macro/micro tracking.

Today ended up being an impromptu "cheat day." After a low cal/low point day and 2 mile walk yesterday, today I woke up with good intentions, but ZERO energy. Scale was up, too, which has to be salt and hormones, since I've been running a deficit every day... so I decided to rest, not walk, but planned a healthy, on-points day... and then DD14 NEEDED a cheeseburger after a long day (long week-and-a-half) of colorguard camp. This is the one that's vegetarian, so any time she agrees to eat animal protein, we do it! (second day in a row!!!) H called while I was pulling up to the drive-thru, then DD17, so I just gave up and ordered something for everyone... we had a movie night, bad snacks were eaten... and the grand total was around 67 pts... or more points than I'm supposed to have in 2 days... leaving me with 8 weekly allowance points until Friday, and honestly I only have that much left because I have rollovers from earlier in the week!

But here's where WW gets on my nerves sometimes... Allll that badness and alllll those points... only added up to around 2100 calories (see, THIS is why I double-track!) So yes, a little high, but not "OMG, you ate 2.5 days worth of food, you pig!!!" high...

Overall, I'm still on plan for the week and should have plenty of new energy to get up and walk in the morning. I am counting today as an anti-plateau Wendi day, and will do a straight-and-narrow kind of day tomorrow. Hopefully there won't be any sugar cravings... those are my only concern.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Completed 4 SS workouts this week. I signed up for yoga (beginner level) tomorrow, that would be #5 but easy.
I asked hubby to find the bicycle rack and see if it fits on the back of my (new) car. We don't even know where it is. But my idea is I could walk the dogs on a long trail and he could ride his bike. I walked a popular 4.5 mile trail around a large lake in the spring with dog1. It took me 3 hours. No way hubby could walk that, but he could probably do it on the bicycle. Going to start wearing my pedometer and up mileage so I can try some long hikes when the weather cools off.

·
Super Moderator
20,053 Posts
We all have days like that, Z. It's okay if you can get right back on track very soon. Kudos for tracking the whole mess. You should be okay since you're still within points. Give some thought to why this happened though. Maybe there are things that can be done to help avoid it happening again.

Please send me some of your ambition, DLR. I hope your bike idea works out. Could you both bike sometimes?

I'm down 19.4 now. Can't believe it. Hope I can keep it up. As soon as I hit a 20 lb loss, I can reset my goal for a 5 lb loss to get my 25 charm, then reset for another 5 to get to the next decade number. I started off with a weight ending in zero, which makes it handy. I like dealing with round numbers, since I am one.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
No way hubby could walk that, but he could probably do it on the bicycle. Going to start wearing my pedometer and up mileage so I can try some long hikes when the weather cools off.
Three hours on a bike is a longggg time, he's a braver person than me!

I hear ya about the weather... it should change here soon, and I can't wait! I never do any real distance anymore, but it will be nice to have an option other than "mall walk or crack-of-dawn-outside." Are your trails very hilly there? They say our Maryland section of the AT is "relatively flat..." and I suppose it is--compared to Maine or Georgia-- but still more than hilly enough for me! We have a couple of pretty parks around that are flat, though, and it will be nice to get back out there once the humidity goes away.

I'm down 19.4 now. Can't believe it. Hope I can keep it up. As soon as I hit a 20 lb loss, I can reset my goal for a 5 lb loss to get my 25 charm, then reset for another 5 to get to the next decade number. I started off with a weight ending in zero, which makes it handy. I like dealing with round numbers, since I am one.
SD- I am jealous of your round numbers... I started at a weird decimal number, on the 6th of June (which was a Sunday) and all of my decades and dates are just a mess. Glad to hear you are doing so well! It sounds like you have a very solid plan. I'll send you some motivation if you can send me a plan that doesn't need tweaking every 5 seconds, deal? :)

My weigh-in yesterday was surprisingly good. I was dreading it because I was retaining water like crazy all week, but it fell away at the last possible moment and I was down 1.8lbs this week, putting me over my 10% goal and into a new decade. I am theoretically happy about that, and ordered a 10% charm off eBay, but honestly, I can't really see a difference yet. So right now I am just plodding along toward the next mini-goal, which will be 25lbs, hopefully sometime next month. It is ironic that by the time the changes start to show, we will be well into sweats-and-sweaters weather... but just think how dramatic the spring reveal will be! :)

School (for me and H) starts back up this week, then the kids go back to high school the following week, so that will add time and meal-planning challenges to the equation... on the other hand, I'll probably be too busy and stressed to be snackish, and clinical days tend to have a LOT of steps in them, even if it's not an actual intentional walk. I have been placed at a medical-surgical unit at a VA hospital, and the upside to that is that the cafeteria food will suck and the "thank you nurses" gift baskets will be minimal, so temptation should be low. Nothing like a ward full of diabetes complications and heart disease to remind you to eat your salad and get your steps!

I made a first-draft dinner menu out for the next 3 months, but it will all require tweaking in the next few days as I find out actual day/hours that I will be doing my clinical days. I am trying to remind myself that I have been bored/stressed for the last 18 months, and so busy/stressed is an improvement, right? And at least I'll be seeing scenery other than my living room!

Goal for this week is just to stay on plan and survive... whatever happens with the scale is irrelevant!

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I cannot find the bike rack. Maybe we sold or donated it when I bought my 1st Prius because it probably would not work on the hatchback. Hubby's junk in the garage is a mess, I see 1 shelf is actually collapsing and he needs to unload that before there is deck sealer all over the floor. I don't expect him to ride for 3 hours, there are benches along the way to stop and rest. The trail is around a huge lake so once you are on the opposite side there are not "short cuts". It's turn back or complete the loop. Walked 3.1 miles this morning about 75-80 minutes before the heat set in.

·
Super Moderator
20,053 Posts
I didn't get down to another decade last week. Oh, well. I think I'm having a better week now. I'll get there eventually.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I know I said that the scale was irrelevant this week, but I am still a bit grumpy it only went down .4lbs this week (which better than UP .4, at least...) I peeked earlier in the week and it was much lower than that, but I recorded what it was on actual weigh-in day, and I'm hoping that means I'll have a big week sometime soon.

Meanwhile, I. am. tired. :) The weather finally broke here, all it took was the remnants of Ida and two tornados in town... but now I can finally walk outside in the daytime. So Thursday night I got in a little evening walk but had to cut it short because it got too dark. Yesterday I did water aerobics, and this morning I did 2 miles at the park. And now I want a nap!!!

DD14 is working all 3 days of this weekend, and had her first band event for the first football game of the school year last night, so I am trying to keep quick-grab foods of acceptable nutrition available for her whenever she rushes through. Meanwhile DD17 had not been eating much the last few days, so I have to concentrate on that this weekend, too. I wish I could just give them my appetite and I'll take their metabolisms!!!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
This week's weight was down 3 lbs, which with the small loss last week averages out to 1.7lbs each of the last two weeks, which is good. That puts me at 26.6 lbs lost, so I should get a free charm in the mail sometime in the next few weeks...

... and now I have to sit myself down and give myself a stern talking to... because this has been going very well, so far, but I need to manage my expectations a little... with 20 days left in this month, if I lose 1.4lbs, I'll meet my 5lb goal for the month, and that should be good enough, especially since I'm already further along than I thought I'd be. BUT that mean voice in my head is saying "lose 3.4 and you'll be at 30 lbs, lose 5.7 and you'll be in the next decade..." and while 5.7 lbs is about impossible, 3.4lbs in 3 weeks is a pretty high bar, too.

My original goal was to reach the next decade by the day before Thanksgiving, then go into maintenance and try not to gain while enjoying the holiday season. I am a solid month-and-half ahead of where I though I'd be, and all I can think of is "why can't you lose that 6 lbs in 3 weeks, ya fatty!?!?" What is about people that makes us so unreasonable with ourselves?

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Our weather is cooling off and I would like to be able to wear 2 pair of old jeans comfortably. That means eating less. All summer has been shorts with elastic waists.....
Today's exercise class will be #5 for this week, did pretty well. Next week will be tougher due to other activities.

·
Registered
10,072 Posts
I see pumpkin spice everything being advertised now. While I can't stand it, it also means egg nog is not far off, and once that appears it's going to be "good bye" to any hope of losing this tire around my middle. Sigh.

Reactions: Zhoen

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I see pumpkin spice everything being advertised now. While I can't stand it, it also means egg nog is not far off, and once that appears it's going to be "good bye" to any hope of losing this tire around my middle. Sigh.
CH-- This reminded me that I haven't seen any of our family's favorite fall pumpkin thingie-- Little Debbie Pumpkin Delights-- ANYWHERE I've looked. I was halfway hoping that if I searched the website, they would say something about not selling them this year for some reason or other... nope... they just haven't hit my little area yet.... PLENTY in the region though... so yeah... add that to challenges... I can eat and 8-pack of those things in a day and still want more!!!

Conversely, like you are immune to pumpkin spice, I am immune to eggnog, so there's that, at least :)

·
Super Moderator
20,053 Posts
Your dedication will pay off, DLR.

Z, I know what you mean about how hard we can be on ourselves. I have a hard time not beating myself up if I only lose a lb in a week. It seems like I should be doing better. But I know if I lose too fast, that never helps me in the long run.

I have 5 lbs to go for my 25 charm. I'm still trying to think of something to use for DIY charms. I don't care if they're official and I don't want to spend anything. Maybe something with beads.

I've given up making exceptions for any type of holiday, etc. Trying to maintain never workd for me. If I drop my good habits, it can take weeks, months, or yrs to get back on track, and I hate myself in the meantime.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
My weigh-in this morning had me down another 3lbs. I was not expecting that. I guess being stressed has a silver lining??? I'd like to say that next week will be better... but... probably not.

So, goals for the coming week:
- Try to eat more nutritiously
-Try to exercise on Saturday (tomorrow,) Monday, and Thursday--I don't know how soon after that I'll be doing shifts, so that is as far as I can plan.

Tomorrow I am thinking that right after I drop DD14 off at work, I will drive over to the county fair next door and do some wandering and get some steps in. If I get my hand stamped before I leave, I can come back and catch just a little bit of the livestock auction before I have to pick her up again at 7:30. Realistically, I know it's not likely, but I have this dream of my own little hobby homestead some day and buying some poor little piggie at the fair who might otherwise have ended up as pork chops (but now will be mother-of-pork chops... mwhahahaha) So I like watching the auctions and dreaming of someday rescuing one from almost certain sausage-hood... in reality, that's probably about the WORST way to get an animal... but it's a nice dream all the same...

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Was hoping for 5 workouts this week but power outage this morning during my planned ZOOM exercise class. Assuming I do the class tomorrow that will make 4.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts