Frugal Village Forums banner
101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I tracked my weight a day early today. That is because I saw a number I have been waiting for and murphy's law says that tomorrow I will swing up again... And then I'll probably check it again (early) next Wednesday which will be 4 months of working at this, just so I can say for certain how much I lost by that milestone.

Today's weigh-in had me down 2.2lbs and got me to the milestone I thought I couldn't possibly reach by the end of September... but I really wanted it, and I'm happy it happened, even if I swing up again from salt and whatever. I am hoping to have time and energy for a walk later.

I am setting my goal for October to just be: Lose 5 lbs from today's weight by November 1st-- that gives me some wiggle room for fluctuations. The voice in the back of my head is saying "YAY! We hit a big milestone way early, let's try to hit the next one by New Years." So I need to work very hard to NOT listen to that little voice.

The teenagers have guzzled all the snacks again, so I will be running to the grocery store (AGAIN!!!) shortly, just waiting for another store to open so I can combine trips.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
My weight was up a little this week. I honestly don't care, this week was very stressful (school garbage.) I didn't do anything I was supposed to, so I'm not surprised.

On the upside, these little breaks are supposed to help prevent plateaus, right?

On a further upside, this month is the first month that I'm actually PAYING for WW for under the B4G3 promo I signed up with... nothing like charging me money to get me to commit... and if I cancelled today, I'd STILL have to pay for the 4 months... but all in a lump... so I really ought to get back to it!

Tonight, just trying to get my rage-hormones all settled back down after a rotten week. :) Helloooo netflix! :) But at least my eating hasn't been bad today...

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Did 3 of the 4 planned workouts for this week. Wednesday was no-go following the COVID booster.
I read a short article yesterday (forget were), but the theme was "Do something today that your future self will thank you for". Helpful mind set. Like: exercise, take your vitamins and calcium, save your pennies.

·
Super Moderator
2,132 Posts
Gained a couple of pounds, I think it is water weight as I fixed Stovetop stuffing (salty), deli turkey slices (salty), instant potatoes (salty) and gravy (salty). Not what I usually eat. All I have left is some stuffing and a little gravy, I will eat that with a salad tomorrow. We'll see if the weight comes down.
Had an HA1C test done, I am just on the edge of pre-diabetes. I asked my doc to order it, I am 65 now and at least 3 of my grandparents had diabetes, plus other relatives. I think it will be a good impetus to continue eating healthy and get more exercise. I love sweets but I know they are not good for me. Need to limit them more.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I didn't track religiously this week, but I was pretty much on-plan... the scale remains stuck. It is that time of the month, yay... Logically I know the moral is that the scale won't move unless I do (I haven't been exercising-- just stressing) but I very logically responded by eating 2 Little Debbie pumpkin delights for breakfast... so yeah...

I'm way down from where I started, way up from where I want to be, and just in a funk with everything else going on... but I have an annual with my Dr on Tuesday, so maybe that will help me get motivated again...

101 - 107 of 107 Posts