Frugal Village Forums banner
101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I tracked my weight a day early today. That is because I saw a number I have been waiting for and murphy's law says that tomorrow I will swing up again... And then I'll probably check it again (early) next Wednesday which will be 4 months of working at this, just so I can say for certain how much I lost by that milestone.

Today's weigh-in had me down 2.2lbs and got me to the milestone I thought I couldn't possibly reach by the end of September... but I really wanted it, and I'm happy it happened, even if I swing up again from salt and whatever. I am hoping to have time and energy for a walk later.

I am setting my goal for October to just be: Lose 5 lbs from today's weight by November 1st-- that gives me some wiggle room for fluctuations. The voice in the back of my head is saying "YAY! We hit a big milestone way early, let's try to hit the next one by New Years." So I need to work very hard to NOT listen to that little voice.

The teenagers have guzzled all the snacks again, so I will be running to the grocery store (AGAIN!!!) shortly, just waiting for another store to open so I can combine trips.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
My weight was up a little this week. I honestly don't care, this week was very stressful (school garbage.) I didn't do anything I was supposed to, so I'm not surprised.

On the upside, these little breaks are supposed to help prevent plateaus, right?

On a further upside, this month is the first month that I'm actually PAYING for WW for under the B4G3 promo I signed up with... nothing like charging me money to get me to commit... and if I cancelled today, I'd STILL have to pay for the 4 months... but all in a lump... so I really ought to get back to it!

Tonight, just trying to get my rage-hormones all settled back down after a rotten week. :) Helloooo netflix! :) But at least my eating hasn't been bad today...

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Did 3 of the 4 planned workouts for this week. Wednesday was no-go following the COVID booster.
I read a short article yesterday (forget were), but the theme was "Do something today that your future self will thank you for". Helpful mind set. Like: exercise, take your vitamins and calcium, save your pennies.

·
Super Moderator
2,315 Posts
Gained a couple of pounds, I think it is water weight as I fixed Stovetop stuffing (salty), deli turkey slices (salty), instant potatoes (salty) and gravy (salty). Not what I usually eat. All I have left is some stuffing and a little gravy, I will eat that with a salad tomorrow. We'll see if the weight comes down.
Had an HA1C test done, I am just on the edge of pre-diabetes. I asked my doc to order it, I am 65 now and at least 3 of my grandparents had diabetes, plus other relatives. I think it will be a good impetus to continue eating healthy and get more exercise. I love sweets but I know they are not good for me. Need to limit them more.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I didn't track religiously this week, but I was pretty much on-plan... the scale remains stuck. It is that time of the month, yay... Logically I know the moral is that the scale won't move unless I do (I haven't been exercising-- just stressing) but I very logically responded by eating 2 Little Debbie pumpkin delights for breakfast... so yeah...

I'm way down from where I started, way up from where I want to be, and just in a funk with everything else going on... but I have an annual with my Dr on Tuesday, so maybe that will help me get motivated again...

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Used up the old calcium and vitamin D, bought new combo of those from CVS B1G1. Less pills to take daily. Started physical therapy Wednesday and already can feel that shoulder loosening up. My range of motion was about 25 degrees less than "average" reaching overhead. It will be good to get that back to "normal operation".

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
New PT exercises use resistance band and I snapped my long blue one in half (then half into quarters) trying to set up the door anchor. Sigh. I used the remaining half wrapped around the exercise bike handles. I put a set of bands on my Amazon wish list, we'll see if that pans out.

·
Registered
11,321 Posts
I quit the diet support group I was in. They claimed to be doing WW, which was alright, but mostly the group was enabling cheating. The mods were pushing processed "diet" foods and too many food jokes were getting posted. It just didn't feel like anyone was serious about their health.

Reactions: Zhoen

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Now that I have completed my November hell-month (way too many shifts plus the longggg commute) and the preceding Two-birthdays-plus-Halloween month, I am hoping to finish the year out more "better" than "worse." Amazingly, when I weighed in this morning, I was only up 2.8 lbs from my last weigh-in ... now, don't get me wrong, that's .5lbs per week rebound, which is horrible, but honestly, I was expecting WAY worse. I'm still down 30lbs from where I started. I think I am hanging out at one of my old set-points, but maybe this long break and then a return to good habits will help? Time will tell...

HOWEVER... in the 5ish weeks I haven't been paying attention, apparently WW just changed up their program AGAIN. Geez!!! I was finally comfortable with the old one!!! This one gives you lots of "free" foods, but less points to work with overall, meanwhile they bribe you with extra points for eating certain vegetables or drinking 60 oz of water. Nope, I am NOT choking down all that plain water to get 1 teaspoon of jam, thank you. I'll stick to my diet soda and walking!

Now eggs are 0 points-- considered a lean protein (with 78 calories, 6.8g protein and 5g fat) but skim milk (86 cals, 8.3g protein and .44g fat) costs me 3 of my daily 23 points... then there's oatmeal, which rings in at about 145 calories/6g protein/2.4g fat-- but with 3.7g fiber... for that it is FOUR points... how on EARTH is that supposed to make me eat healthier??!!??

And the eggs might now be point-free, but the 40-calorie/7g of fiber bread to go with them went up... grr... This will take some adjustment.

UNRELATED SIDE NOTE :)
The ad off to the side of the text box right now is trying to convince me to stay at the Carlyle hotel in Manhattan... only 8k a night for my little group of 4-- and that's 25% off!!! But hey, breakfast is included!!! The tax alone works out to $710/night!!! (I think they are barking up the wrong FOREST!!!) 🤣

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Time to get back to healthier food choices and my mental health. Awaiting my cholesterol level results which have been high in the past. Put on omeprazole to help with heartburn etc. and zoloft for stress, depression, social anxiety etc. caused by the past 2 years of this pandemic, losing my dad, moms health problems, younger brothers brain stem stroke , worker shortage etc. I'm putting all this behind me. 2022 will be better as I will focus on the positives, I will continue to be grateful for what I have, simplify my life, and enjoy the moments. Wishing you all a blessed Christmas season and new year.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Kim- I hope 2022 is a better year for you. I agree with the feelings of gratitude for all that we have.

My doc has not responded to my email in 2 weeks. I decided to go back on a med but take it 2x/day. I read that it works in 20% of people and am finding better results that way. I'll see doc in january and will do a lab in the office, Then get lots of labs done before my march appt. DH says i should still contact the docs at ucla and have zoom meetings but will hold off on that. Let's see how i do with my med regimen and see how i feel first.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
I'm discharged from physical therapy, got all range of motion back and no pain. Strength seems pretty good, I also had hubby compare both arms, he thinks if anything the injured arm seems stronger. PT guy said no restrictions on exercise - just don't do it if it hurts. Time to get back to Silver Sneakers.... 💪

101 - 116 of 116 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.