Frugal Village Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
We didn't get a refund this year and had to pay.
I used up most of my emergency fund for bills and CC.
This year so far, the emergency room visits, regular MD appts and my meds are over 4k out of pocket. I'd like dental implants and need surgery but won't do any of that until I get enough to cash flow all of it. That may take years.....

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Awe, Hugs, rujerro. things will get better. We needed to add paying for a divorce into our mix. DD's hubby has mental issues and is making it hard. But for the welfare of DD and the kids, this is much needed. And an extra expense I am willing to do for her. ( my mum gave us the money to pay for her divorce, but we still had to pay up front and then mum reimbursed us) Sent another portion in to DH's roth acct. I will finish his off in 2 more payments, just timing it out a bit. We will add to a CD coming due in August, and will try for another CD later in the fall, and will up what we add on to the mortgage for the rest of the year. goal is have balance decrease by half the amount. I would love for it to be more, and will make our unrealistic goal of having it paid off early achievable by next year. Still have 2 phones to possibly have to replace. Small baby steps, and inch by inch we can reach our goals.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
finally able to send one more payment to DH's Roth, still one to go but the money is set aside for that. DS#3 snagged a job so that is great and he will be starting soon. DD #2 snag a job in property management. It is just a few hours a month and she can take her kids with her to do that as needed. ( baby #3 is due any day now, if not before Aug 1, she will be induced) DD#1 doing well as are both DS#1 and #2.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Made the last payment out to finish off DH's Roth for the year, so another goal done. He got a raise at work, so that money is now earmarked to be added to the mortgage, along with any extra we can throw at it. Goal is in site to have mortgage paid off in about a year. It has been a long haul and we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. DD has now divorced her hubby, and is making great strides in getting her family where it needs to be, She has put the 2 older ones in school ( something her hubby wouldn't allow, so she was trying to homeschool, with no support from him at all and there is only so much a grandma can do) She was gifted a very nice vehicle that suits their needs wonderfully, and frees up my vehicle so I actually have one available for me to use. Feeling very grateful.

·
Registered
10,072 Posts
WTG! That is great progress for you both.

Reactions: knotme

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
DS replaced his phone so now we only have possibly one phone to replace. DD is using her gas bonus points to fill her vehicle and so now we have more vehicles available for gas when we have huge amounts of free gas points to use up. I already have enough for a free tank this month and still haven't used much on the last free tank fill up. still hoping to get my extra to the mortgage for the next 3 months to get that paid down more, and get it totally gone by end of next year. I just checked on what payments will be next year with escrow amount added to it, lt will be going down about $2 a month. that light is blinding at the end of the tunnel. I am so anxious to get this mortgage paid off.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts