Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else back in the thrift stores? We have a couple that never closed. Prices are up a bit but most have the tag color sales back on at least part of the time.

I've gotten a few bargains, but honestly have been shopping less.
Today I DID get a LARGE, like banquet size, metal folding table. Pretty excited about it. Good for a work surface when refinishing things. I'd been using boards on crates and killing my spine. If I keep selling plants for my friend, then I can use this table. It folds in half and fits behind the seats in the honda.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Good find!

I have not been shopping much. I need less stuff, not more. I bought 2 used flannel shirts a few weeks ago, just as it started to warm up. I guess I'll use them next year.

Reactions: marthamfi

·
Super Moderator
2,000 Posts
I haven't been in a thrift store since the pandemic started. Went to a few yard sales last summer, but passed them by if they were too crowded.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
all open here but haven't found anything I wanted not that I need anything! more dropping off stuff. think december was the last time I bought anything at a thrift store.

·
Super Moderator
19,682 Posts
I haven't been in any store since maybe September. No thrifts in over a yr. But we get our first shots Friday, so in about 6 weeks we'll be fully vaccinated and more comfortable going back into stores. There are some things I'm adding to my thrift store want list in the meantime.

Congrats on the folding table. Those do come in handy. I used our plastic one a lot before I built my work table. It wrecked my back too, till I put a set of bed risers under the legs. Then it was counter height and much better for cutting fabric and other tasks.

We're going to have to be very selective when we do get back into thrifts. We're still trying to get rid of stuff here. Still, I'm looking forward to doing some recreational shopping again.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Spirit Deer was thinking yesterday i need make a list and do some measuring and put tape measure back in purse or car before summer there a few things i am hoping to find that i can use don't want bring in more stuff that i have to donate back got guest bed room almost half full got get out before summer.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I love thrift shopping but haven't been in any stores for a year.....except went to Aldi's last week.....I don't need anything...and honestly I find that between online auctions, Amazon, & grocery pick up, I don't need to go to any stores...
there is a HUGE new thrift store not far from me but I haven't been....I might go just to see what it's about....once more people get vaccinated.....

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
yes better to wait until it is safe. my friend needed to drop off stuff at value village..she has been going to different ones unloading stuff cus she is moving after 29yrs in there house so a lot plus all the toys she still had cus of fostering and many grandkids. so got a coupon and went and looked...got a big plastic dragon for the garden or something lol and a ken doll.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Just read a news story about a local author who has written 4 mystery novels revolving around a woman who shops garage / estate sales. Looks like fun. My local library just has the paper version of 1st novel so I will probably wait a while to borrow it. "Garage Sale Stalker" by Suzi Weinert is the first one in the series.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that sounds like a fun read! I'll check it out. I went to a thrift store grand opening on vacation last week. Didn't stay long because it got crowded but my tiny mother found a lovely anne taylor jacket and bought it. She's teeeny tiny so can find clothes almost anywhere

1 - 10 of 10 Posts