Frugal Village Forums banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Zhoen: great finds!

I hit thrift today and found staples for my staple gun, rope caulk (which's I like for a quick seal around a rattly window) and... an two stainless steel travel French press! ( that is to me what a spare crockpot is to others). It was 5$ but I use them all day every day for coffee and tea. My main one is missing the handle and leaks and has to be pounded back to roundness sometimes. The others don't fit the cup holders in my ancient vehicles.

Registered
It's Thursday! And that means I visited my 2 favorite little thrifts... Today I bought:

7 greeting cards-- mostly birthday, but also blank or thank you notes. $0.10 each
A rolling pin, my old one disappeared, but it was pretty broken anyway... $2
2 hot water bottles-- the kids are always wanting these as the weather cools.$1each

2 stacking wire baskets (to hold papers on a desk), some crochet hooks, knitting stitch holders, stitch markers, and a cookbook-pamphlet. $1.50 total... they kind of just make up the prices when things don't have stickers...

I have a fairly long wish-list of things I am looking for for the clinic, so I am trying to decide when I will go out to the farther-away stores over this weekend... I have a school assignment due tomorrow 馃ぎ馃ぎ馃ぎ but shopping is way more fun.

Registered
Yesterday was a massive thrift binge! Literally shopped WELL PAST when I wanted to drop!

For the clinic, I found some fall decorations, some desk organizing supplies, two food scales (one digital, one old-school) and a NIP pill sorter along with 2 cookbooks (1 AHA and 1 DASH.) I am starting a "swag" drawer for goodies we can give our patients if they need them. I searched and searched for a step-counter (the little crappy ones they give away at health fairs and things,) but no luck.

For me I found some yarn and some sewing appliques. But my favorite find of the day was a UV sterilizer wand. I've ALWAYS wanted one of those, and I found a mini one NIP for $4.50. (Basically, using the concept that UV light kills bacteria, viruses, and most fungus, you use a mini tanning bed light to sanitize things without chemicals-- doesn't clean, just kills.) For those things that just can't be bleached...

I am bummed that there were a couple of things I thought I'd find that I just couldn't, but overall, a very successful day.

Registered
I was looking at items people were selling on the local neighborhood site. I saw something interesting and looked it up on ebay...It was selling for $250....The lady was selling hers for $45....So I stopped over to get it and she offered another item that sold on ebay for the same...So, I got that as well. They are collectible ceramic items from Canada...I'll try to sell around Christmas and see what happens........

61 - 64 of 64 Posts