Frugal Village Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Knee's continuing to improve and now it's mostly being on my feet for longer periods of time that causes it to be twinge and be a bit painful. I think the weather also bothers my knee.

I'm starting to get a bit stir crazy with the weather getting warmer and the change to daylight savings time. I want to get out more in the evenings, now that the sun sets later in the evening than before. I'm feeling less mentally tired and worn down now that I'm getting more exercise in.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
My knee's sore. Not sure why, other than a change in weather. It rained yesterday and a front moved through. I also felt my knee cap move over the weekend, mostly a quick pain, but not bad. Today it's really sore.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Knee's doing a lot better, although I still get the occasion twinge. Mostly after being on my feet for a while, especially if I'm walking over uneven ground. I am getting more exercise now that I'm able to get back in the garden. I'm paying attention to my knee when I do garden to make sure I don't overdo things. But I need to get out more and just take more walks, which I'm still bad at doing while working at home.

My diet is 'meh' at best. I need to do better on that.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Still doing physical therapy for my knee. My knee's doing a lot better. Still get some twinges when I try too much for too long. Haven't gotten back into my daily walks but I am starting up my T'ai Chi again. That and I'm back in the garden again. Yay!!

Doing a bit better with my diet, although I do need to improve that a lot more. I'm getting more fruits and vegetables into my diet. I just need to cut out the sweets and fast food more than I have been.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Looks like my PT will end at the end of June. That's ok since my knee has improved dramatically. Been doing more T'ai Chi since it was so hot the past few days (when I wasn't going to PT).

On the other hand, my diet's gone downhill drastically in the heat. I need to go grocery shopping as well. But it's been so hot I didn't want to cook or go grocery shopping.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Keeping up with my PT's homework exercises as well as trying to keep up with either gardening or t'ai chi.

Doing a bit better on the diet aspect of things. Last week was really hot and I just wanted to get out of the house for a bit each evening. So ended up getting fast food for dinner. Went grocery shopping a few days back and got more fruit and some veg. Basically stuff for a bit better meals during the week. I meant to stop by the local orchard to pick up some apples for lunch during the week but didn't. Wasn't too impressed with the apples they were offering at their stall at the farmer's market on Saturday.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, these are last year's apples, right? Fresh local apples have not yet grown this year. You have to wait until the opportunity to buy beautiful and delicious fruits appears.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts