Frugal Village Forums banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,109 Posts
Be careful about salads. It's VERY EASY to overeat with salads depending on what goodies are in them, and if there's not enough protein (minimum 3 oz lean protein) then you're hungry again soon after eating which can lead to more temptation.

Pack a lunch for work. Much easier to stay on track because you retain ALL the control and avoid the temptation of a yummy-looking menu in a place with delicious smells wafting through the air when your resistance is low. Torture.

Congrats on walking! Good for you! Hope the weather cools down for you so walking is more inviting.

I'm still a major slacker regarding exercise. I haven't started yet. I'll procrastinate till I quit losing. If past is prologue, that will probably be sometime in the next 5 lbs. At least TM is standing there at the ready, patiently waiting for me.

·
Registered
10,182 Posts
Had a good morning at the gym. Was starting to feel it about halfway through the class.

DH and I are both making a push to eat a little healthier now that we are back from vacation, though we didn't eat that badly during the trip. A few burgers, tacos, and my annual chicken fried steak. (It's the south) Stayed off the candy this time. Did a lot of walking, and swam in the pool twice. I'm fat enough to float now, which was kind of cool, actually.

Ran into two friends we did not recognize. They had both had bariatric surgery for various health reasons, including being overweight, and had really changed. DH has new motivation. He does not want to be on Metformin again, and he never wants to get to the point he needs surgery.

On the positive side, the walks we did earlier this year did help keep DH in shape. He wasn't as tired during our trip, and only got cranky once from over doing things. Now the weather is cooling off, we can resume those until it gets too cold.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I nearly talked myself out of it but did it anyway.
YAY You!!! <fireworks, cheerleaders in a tower with a flyer doing a twist, glitter and confetti everywhere!!!> Some days the hardest part is getting started.

At least TM is standing there at the ready, patiently waiting for me.
Ugg. I HATE treadmills! Kind of necessity where you live, though...

Now the weather is cooling off, we can resume those until it gets too cold.
Our weather finally broke about a week ago, so much better!!! Enjoy it while it lasts!!!

·
Super Moderator
20,109 Posts
I like our TM. It's all fancy shmancy with video hiking trails from all over the world, auto incline, and lots of cool features. If I get bored, I read a book and the time flies. Too bad all that doesn't make me any less lazy.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
SD - I think I have the opposite problem than you - I'm good at getting the exercise in but terrible at tracking my food. I have to get better at that.

CH - Glad you and your DH enjoyed your vacation and were able to get some exercise in at the same time.

Zhoen - Thanks!

On the downside, had sweets at dinner. I just need to get those out of the house soon so I don't get tempted. I do know I tend to eat when stressed. We're back in the office and had to deal with the remnants of Ida last week (including a tornado in the area).

On the upside, I also get some weeding done in the garden after work. I don't know if I'll be able to do that today with more potential storms coming in this afternoon/evening. Then again, I think I may take a break anyway so I don't stress my knee too much. I was in the garden on Monday as well. So I'll take a break today and see how things are tomorrow evening.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Argh - I do need to get my lunch walks in. I haven't been doing them as often as I should. Then again, I am moving quite a bit more now that we're back in the office. The weeding at the garden is nearly done for the season, although I may or may not stop over in the winter to make sure the weeds don't get too bad then.

·
Super Moderator
20,109 Posts
Only down 0.4 for last week, but considering what a train wreck my eating was, I can't complain. 1.7 lbs to go to get to my 25 lb loss.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
The cafe at work now has small 'single serving' salads available. It's mostly lettuce with some onions, carrots and a couple of grape tomatoes. The only downside is they don't have single serving sized salad dressings. The salad would be drowning if I used the whole packet of dressing. It seems a waste to only use a third or half of the packet. I think I may need to bring in my own dressing. I've needed to get more veggies in, though, so I'm glad they have the smaller salad sizes. I also need to stop stress eating, which I've noticed I've been doing.

Haven't gotten back to doing my lunch time walks in again. I keep meaning to but haven't gotten around to it. Then again, I am still moving around a lot more than I had been during the pandemic.

·
Super Moderator
20,109 Posts
Lots of people carry their own dressing. I have little Tupperware containers that hold 2 tablespoons, just right for a small salad. We use those when I pack bentos for day trips. Bring along a little dish of protein such as 4 oz cooked chicken or shrimp, or a couple hard boiled eggs and it's a meal.

I haven't resumed my exercise either. Currently, our TM is functioning as a handy dandy drying rack for couch cushion covers. Big help for my weight loss, eh. 😂🙄

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
The cafe sells hard-boiled eggs and a couple of other proteins so I'm covered there. I do get one of those and either the veggie sushi or (now) the salad. I'm thinking of getting a bottle of some kinds of dressing and put it in the team room fridge at work.

:LOL: My parents had a TM that also ended up being a clothes drying/hanging rack.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts