Frugal Village Forums banner
121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,809 Posts
We never use the tub in the second bathroom, as we have a walk-in shower in the master. I added a clothes rod to the tub and use it for a coat closet now. It's been a huge help.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
what ! that is nuts ren unless they are just making sure are cleaning a reg basis not a once a year thing..not saying you do! just from others peoples stories or people I know/

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Got some more bits and bobs into the trash where they needed to go. Although I should have started a trash bag that I could put by the door as a reminder to take to the trash bin outside, rather than just the trash can inside. This was pretty much just 'out of sight, out of mind' clutter hidden behind other things that got moved.

There were some old cassette tapes that I haven't played in years and no longer have a player for, anyway. I found some of the music online that someone else uploaded at some point. Of course, the quality of the online files is sketchy but at least I have access to the music. The original company that produced the music went out of business years ago so there's no way to get the music on CDs or digitally other than fan uploads.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Well good to get stuff done but still you did it so why do they need to come back unless they think you bought it all back. but then I guess not all tenants are clean enough so doing the whole sweep of everyone. but as long as they are reasonable.
funny thing ..the cassette player in my car started working for first time since the year I had it ..since the tuneup lol so dug up some cassettes. books on tape..we do still have reg cassettes too plus old radio shows too.

just been puttering and putting things in the thrift store box. bits and pieces. 2 valentine platters yesterday.

·
Registered
11,147 Posts
Time to fill a big sack with garbage. Trash/recycling didn't get done last week because we were focused on the cat's surgery, so it's piling up. I've been saving newspaper to use as mulch in the garden, hopefully we can get straw soon, and that'll be one less thing in the living room.

Reactions: marthamfi

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Martha: they keep returning because things were "clean enough".

CH: glad you're getting back to the garbage. Here's hoping that you get the mulch soon. The mulch was delivered to my community garden. I just need to get some on my plot before it 'disappears'. It's just really hot this weekend so I'm not risking heat exhaustion just to get it done.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
I boxed up hats & gloves I'm not using (future use though). Moved all the long coats to the far interior wall of the closet. I found a peg type hat rack at Home Depot that will fit a weird angled inside wall and hold baseball caps. Hopefully get hubby's approval on buying and installing that. He is happy w/ the boot bench in the garage.

·
Registered
11,147 Posts
Almost time to put our winter stuff away too. Have quilts to put in the chest in the closet, have to move stuff first. Winter coats go in the hall closet, but also have to move stuff first.

Giant cardboard box in the laundry room, have to ask DH why we're keeping that.

Reactions: marthamfi

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
What a pain Ren cus you have to live in the place! Well went though some craft stuff and drawers downstairs. box of crafts stuff plus pokemon game for friends kids. Recycled couple free educational things paper was going to use for guides. dd got rid of two harry potter games. about 10 craft books and mags. garbage, paper etc of course.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
started different box for different store..added some decorative stuff gifts over the years..little cases, vintage spoons, a skein I bought, etc added 6 shirts to it yesterday.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Yesterday was great. I donated a computer, a vacuum cleaner, and some clothes to our church thrift shop. I've pretty much cleared out 1/2 of my walk-in closet. Everything is hung or stored in plastic containers that are labeled. I also sold a surf board I no longer use and the buyer should be picking it up this week. I gave a neighbor a fall and spring wreath, and also a flannel queen size set of sheets. Feels good.

121 - 135 of 135 Posts