Frugal Village Forums banner
141 - 148 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
the stuff is out of the dining room but the thrift store said next week maybe..small place but did save nice stuff for them china etc so told him to go to value village and drop it off there. mags, decorative jars etc, clothes, would have sold there. garbage bag full, a box and a big paper bag. added the vintage ceramic bottle w glasses in holder. though it was all stuff I could have kept.. nope set it free. lots of stuff here anyways lol and it is out of the dining room.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Been good about getting the boxes the deliveries come in out the door on a regular basis. Also nearly filled up the book/DVD/CD box again so that will need to go out soon. I've been good about not keeping the CDs when I finish downloading them onto my computer. (I also keep backups on flash drives.) Getting rid of some DVDs and books have freed up space on my shelves, although I've been good about not getting more DVDs recently. I had backed some Kickstarter projects so I have some books that needed space. Thankfully, I have shelves that I can clear off a bit. On the other hand, I've been good about not buying more books, especially of things I'm likely not going to read any time soon.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
so stuff came back lol ds didn't tell dh that there was a big garbage bag full in the backseat of car so didn't get dropped off he found it when cleaning car out for trip. only donated what was in the trunk. so that needs to go. kids need to go though their clothes here too.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I need to take a quick look around my apartment this weekend to see if there's anything that needs to be taken out, besides the boxes some deliveries came in. I want to make sure that stuff doesn't start to accumulate again.

One thing that definitely needs to go out are some hand fans I ordered online recently. I ordered them to use for outdoor events (such as Renn Faires, LARPing, and such) when I know I'm going to spend time away from the A/C. I thought I was purchasing 5 fans. Turns out they were in batches of 10 so I ended up with 50 fans. :LOL: Some I'll give away to people I LARP with, some I'll see if the vendors at the farmers market will take. If not, the charity at the farmers market might take some to give away to the people they work with. I'm not too worried about it as the fans didn't cost much.

·
Super Moderator
20,940 Posts
The same thing happened to me with TVP, Ren. I thought I was ordering one 16 oz pkg. It was one CASE of 12! We've been using the excess in dog food, which actually was a big help during covid.

Got the canvas moved and the pails put in place to make sure they fit. I don't like how that big roll of ripstop is so close to the tops of the taller ones, but it doesn't really interfere with them. Looks like I need to put a different handle on the one.
Wood Shelving Mass production Gas Publication

I was disappointed the 2 odd pails didn't fit where I wanted them, but then I remembered that was why the 2 white pails I just moved to the shelf were under the industrial serger, where they didn't really fit. They lost their place when I bought the new serger table. Anyway, those are now on the shelf where they do fit, and the two odd purple ones fit nicely under the serger instead. All I have to do is lay a scrap of 2 X something on the floor for the back of the bottom pail to sit on, no construction needed. Then I would only need to make storage for under the other industrial.
Purple Waste containment Pink Automotive tire Flooring

I got the game mat done except for snaps I may or may not use. I think it has about 40 buttons. I'm glad I miscounted. Less work sewing them all on. I'm mulling over options to hold the mat from blowing off the table now. Elastic loops on the corners would be easiest and probably work fine.
Product Rectangle Azure Mesh Textile

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Saw some pull-out shelving in a home services magazine (Shelf Genie franchise). I see similar items (Slide-a-Shelf) available at Home Depot about $100/drawer uninstalled. I think these would be good on the bottom shelf of each kitchen cabinet, maybe 6-8 total. We're not getting younger and hubby really can't get on his knees any longer.

141 - 148 of 148 Posts