Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 332 Posts

· Registered
4,490 Posts
Hoping 2022 is better. Hubby and I both enjoyed the movie, his foot was tapping during most of the songs. Idiots setting of fireworks at midnight got dog2 wound up, so I did not fall asleep until after 1 am. French toast muffin cups stuck in the pan badly so discarding that idea for future reference. Just use a small casserole dish in future. Soaking the black-eyed peas for later. Hubby is making pork chops for supper. Rainy but warm here for the 3rd day, lots of dirty dog towels to wash.

· Registered
4,490 Posts
Mme - funny story about the beans. Better too much than not enough. I used to grow bush AND pole beans to stretch the season. I hope the weather is not too bad for others, just lots of rain here, likely snow tonight as it gets colder. I will need to clean and do laundry when it stops - Tuesday? The fridge and freezer are full and I need to manage that. Hubby may cook chicken stir-fry for supper tonight.
Downloaded 2 audio books to my phone from hubby's Audible account, trying to figure out which ones the library doesn't have. Worked on friend's cross-stitch yesterday and plan to do more today, also continue knitting hats. Have a good day.

· Registered
4,490 Posts
Z - snow here too, icky wet slush. Fortunately don't have to drive, just walk the dogs. Power flickering, not good. Leftovers for supper tonight.
Ruj I hope the jobs situation turns out OK.
I found a small amount of leftover blueberries in the freezer, will combine with leftover fresh cranberries for muffins, probably tomorrow.

· Registered
4,490 Posts
Good morning. Yes the situation on I-95 sounded horrible, it was snowing heavily by 10 am Monday but I guess people felt like they had to go out. Timing is everything. Snow has melted in enough spots I can now walk the dogs without it being too slippery. Bad news is more snow expected Friday. I put away Christmas decor yesterday and after re-sorting and pulling out some to donate I have 1 less box to store. Taking some free online training this morning. Thawing chicken and have spinach and mushrooms that should be used up. Have a good day.

· Registered
4,490 Posts
Above freezing yesterday and today so very wet & muddy. More snow and freezing temps expected tonight thru Saturday. There are leftovers but hubby is likely to go to the store since he prefers items that have to be replenished frequently (bananas, lunch meat, sandwich rolls). Still working on knitted hats for donation. Have a good day.

· Registered
4,490 Posts
Ruj sorry to hear about the strike, hope your DH gets a job offer.
Another 3" of snow overnight. Hubby cleared the driveway. At least 2 of the neighbors were out helping, he should not be stuck doing it all. Sun should come out and hopefully melt a lot. Then we'll be back to mud and slush. 😝
Also COVID hospitalizations are way up in my area. Naturally following everyone visiting over the holidays. Just depressing news everywhere.
I cooked raw chicken and put it back in the fridge. Plan is make chicken salad later. There are still lots of leftovers so no real cooking planned. I finished the cross-stitch kit for the lady in the dog club. I dry-ironed the outside edges a bit but dare not use steam since the fiber is wool-acrylic. I don't know if she plans to frame it or what she'll do, her problem. Still have yarn to make hats and a bunch of audio- or e-books. I hope everyone is well.

· Registered
4,490 Posts
Good morning. Saw part of a rainbow this morning while walking the dogs, reaching the ground in the vicinity of the nearby shopping center. :LOL: OK, not taking that as a sign to go shopping today. I have some paid work for the attorney to get started on. Rainy and cloudy today so I don't mind being at the computer. Hubby bought a pork roast but he may not want to grill if it's raining. He was also talking about making a scalloped potato casserole he likes. We'll see. Have a good day.

· Registered
4,490 Posts
Ruj - tough situation. Could check w/ their regular doctor since the docs often request copies of documents like that for their own files if they exist. I also read black walnut trees will send up shoots from any roots left in the ground so maybe that is what is happening?
Rained all day Sunday so most of the snow is gone. Should be cold and sunny the rest of the week. I guess that's an improvement. I got a sewing project started and have dog club zoom meetings tonight and tomorrow night. Leftovers for supper. Have a good week.

· Registered
4,490 Posts
Good morning. Very cold here today, not fun. Just read that the county libraries will be closed 2 days/week starting next week due to COVID and staffing. Scheduled shingles vaccine at CVS this morning. Good thing I checked online because the closest store does not offer it, have to drive a bit farther. Pre-filled all the paperwork online. Planning to take it easy the rest of the day. Been meaning to get that done so yay me. 🥳 I hope everyone is well.

· Registered
4,490 Posts
Started feeling bad from the shingles vaccine in the evening last night. I seem to be over it now but taking it easy again today. Supposed to warm to 45 degrees, I hope so. Furnace is running a lot so utility bills will be expensive next time. I have some online training later today but should be easy. Need to rearrange dinner hour a bit. I hope everyone is staying warm.

· Registered
4,490 Posts
GB - nice! That will come in handy.
Ruj - take care of your health.
Feeling better. Vaccine arm got red and hot, now itchy too. Never had that happen before. Keeping an eye on it of course. Yesterday morning I had to dress in a hurry to get dog1 outside so didn't notice until bedtime. I can call nurse-practitioner line if I get worried. Hubby is now forewarned about the effects (and cost) and trying to figure out when to plan his shot.

I found more free online training/seminars and enrolled for various dates/times. I need to get back to the house chores after spending 2 days mostly doing nothing. I did finish reading a e-book on my phone. Thought it would be annoying compared to the iPad but not really, glad I gave it a try. Several more books available (Amazon freebies). Going to make bread in the machine and cook sweet potatoes and rice to go with different leftovers. Pulled pumpkin bread out of the freezer since hubby stuck more stuff in there, full again. Have a good day and stay warm.

· Registered
4,490 Posts
Good morning. Well, we have another winter storm coming Sunday-Monday. I have 2 things to get done outdoors. Hubby says he will help but that would mean waiting for him to actually do so. So I'll probably proceed alone. Burgers for supper while the grill is easy to get to. I'll get veg soup out of the freezer for lunches. Got a email from one of the grocery chains apologizing they are not offering any special weekend deals due to supply chain problems. Other grocery chain says the weekly ad is delayed and they will update prices ASAP. Kind of disturbing. Placed my Target order so go pickup in a few hours. I'm keeping extra of everything on hand so it's a constant process. I hope everyone has a good day.

· Registered
4,490 Posts
Good morning. Dog1's GI problems continue, he will get very limited amount of food today. I obviously should not have given him full ration yesterday. They also got their flea/tick chewables yesterday so maybe that is part of the problem. Got the 2 outside chores done - hubby did the more strenuous one after all. Using up odd leftover vegs to add to pasta sauce for supper. Snow starting mid-day Sunday. :cautious: I am ready for spring, or at least no more snow.

· Registered
4,490 Posts
Took dog1 to vet yesterday, he started vomiting in addition to the diarrhea. He has done this before, something he is prone to. I try to manage it earlier (diet) so we haven't had this problem for over a year. This time did not manage well due to my own vaccine side effects Wed-Thurs. I now have a case of the prescription digestive food I can use next time this starts happening. His regular food is very similar to the prescription ingredients.
Waiting for snow to start followed by ice and rain. If lucky the rain will melt everything and hubby won't have to clear the driveway. Something with thawed chicken for supper. Hubby made grits for breakfast, maybe I can get him to make french toast tomorrow. My first hour of the day is always spent walking the dogs so I should try to put him to work. Have a good day.

· Registered
4,490 Posts
Good morning. We got more very wet slushy snow followed by very strong winds last night, hubby said Dulles airport reported gusting to 57MPH. Probably going to freeze again overnight. Thankful that dog1 seems to be feeling OK and no unplanned trips outside since seeing the vet.
Made 2 pints of pumpkin butter yesterday and had some on french toast this morning. Leftovers for supper. I hope everyone is keeping warm.

· Registered
4,490 Posts
Peg, hope the relatives are getting better.
Was planning to go to the (dog club) bank today but I see another check coming in the mail so will wait until tomorrow. It's above freezing and sunny for a change, I'll try to resume the sewing project so it can be put away. Watched a movie last night with hubby but TV really doesn't hold my interest any more. It is funny the dogs like to sit on the couch with us during TV, only time dog1 will get close to hubby. Rain and more snow coming Thursday-Friday, forecast is not very specific at this point. Still snow on the ground from the last 2 storms. Stay safe.

1 - 20 of 332 Posts