Frugal Village Forums banner
61 - 80 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Sunny and cold today. Will be warmer tomorrow and a few days after. I'm going to the store today. One store has some canned tomatoes on sale. I like the ones with green chile. They are the larger cans, not rotel size. I use them in my Mexican zucchini recipe. They also have strawberries. Dgds have been asking for strawberries. They had some nice ones at sams on Friday. I was trying to do the scan and go thru the app, and the strawberries wouldn't scan. I ended up going thru a regular checkout because of a couple of other items and forgot to go back for the strawberries. Dh wants salad stuff, so I'll get that and I need some bread and milk.

Finished up all the leftovers and goodies from ds' visit. Starting back to eating healthy again. Not sure what I'll eat tonight. Not feeling like salad. I'll figure something out. I'm sure there are some odds and ends in the freezer to use up. Who knows, I may feel like salad later today.

·
Super Moderator
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Made a pizza with a GF crust from the food shelf (we have cases of them and my boss recommended it). Not a fan, but I guess if you HAVE to eat GF it would be OK. Also used some old apples in my fridge, made a knobbly apple cake with walnuts and raisins too. SO GOOD.
Finished my jigsaw puzzle from the library, going over to get another one.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
that sucks Rujerro... sounds like they need a carehome but hopefully the cousin etc can get it sorted unless they have great insurance that will give them full time help at home. but you know my story about being the inlaw dealing with it. hugs.
all rain and in the 40s this week hasn't washed away the snow yet. perfect for staying in. almost alone dd asleep still..have to wake her since mid afternoon. watching the end of a dickens of a holiday hallmark movie. good one ..shot local one of our local anchors in it too. nice to watch something I enjoy with no interruptions lol momlife. had lovely zoom chats yesterday. trying to get all my paid work into a couple of days a week so I don't have to think about it but one job seems emails every day. at least all the grumpy guys from last week are over it or not bugging me..no apologies of course. still need to go to my moms ice steep hills keep my moms bday quiet. maybe a full moon or something out there.

did online grocery order..money doesn't go far anymore it seems...esp w teen son lol making spaghetti for dinner. stripped the bed , will do laundry another load of laundry. miss piss pants cat is peeing on stuff again ..how dare the other 2 cats use the litter boxes..but 3 boxes are enough she can get over herself. yesterday was a lovely sunny day and the 2 didn't go out. she did. walks were clear so they got the you better not bug me then today over weather. puttering and cleaning cus you know a min of stuff needs doing every day. watching back in time for winter now. in the 70s..memories lol

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Good morning. Very cold here today, not fun. Just read that the county libraries will be closed 2 days/week starting next week due to COVID and staffing. Scheduled shingles vaccine at CVS this morning. Good thing I checked online because the closest store does not offer it, have to drive a bit farther. Pre-filled all the paperwork online. Planning to take it easy the rest of the day. Been meaning to get that done so yay me. 🥳 I hope everyone is well.

·
Registered
10,579 Posts
Cold and breezy but supposed to hit 50 today. Have errands to run. Was hoping to avoid being out this week, but stuff needs done. Cats fighting on the deck this morning and they don't need to because there's plenty of food to go around. One of the orange males has been here the last few weeks, the gentle one that just wants to be left alone. One of the females got in the house when I took food out and we had to chase her around to get her out again.

Bean and bacon soup planned for dinner. Something easy and fast.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Ugh, Shingrix NOT covered by insurance so goodbye $$$$. Really disappointed in how all my "new" insurance plans are performing since switching to Medicare-type coverages last year. The informational handout said basically expect to feel like crap for a while after the shot.....:( Do it all over again in 2-6 months.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Sunny and cold this morning. Hoping it warms up. May run to the store for a few things. One store is having a taco sale. I could use some cheese and seasoning packets for storage. Maybe the avocados will be good.

Both dgds spent the night. First time for youngest. They just went home. Now to clean up the mess in the house. It's not too bad this time. They mostly watched movies and didn't drag a bunch of stuff out. May start a load of laundry. Towels need to be washed. Car needs gas. Kitchen has been staying clean. Still need to do some more organizing, but this is a good start.

Not sure if we'll do taco tuesday or go somewhere else. Dh is back on his "keto" type diet. He could do a salad.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Ruj: so sorry that is going on!

Freezing rain this morning.
Last night I got home from work to find my giant snow berms at the end of the driveway pushed back!! Yay for the highway plow guys!! They did most of the driveway ends so we can see before we pull out.

·
Registered
10,579 Posts
Cloudy and cold this morning but sun is starting to clear the clouds and it is supposed to warm up. There is a prediction for snow this weekend, but not sure we'll get much here. Depends on which way the wind blows.

Same old same old here. DH started the dishwasher already. I've got laundry to put away. Find some chicken and thaw it. Sort papers and magazines for filing or trash.

Had an unplanned trip out yesterday, so I filled up the car, stopped for a few sale items at the grocery, and picked up specialty cat food for the one that has allergies. It's getting harder to find things she can eat.

We're having fried chicken sandwiches and caesar salad for dinner. Someone gave me cans of anchovies and it's easy to make the dressing from scratch.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Started feeling bad from the shingles vaccine in the evening last night. I seem to be over it now but taking it easy again today. Supposed to warm to 45 degrees, I hope so. Furnace is running a lot so utility bills will be expensive next time. I have some online training later today but should be easy. Need to rearrange dinner hour a bit. I hope everyone is staying warm.

·
Registered
655 Posts
raining here! On the snow. Minor flooding on the roads.
I am the last man standing in the office! 2 with covid+ toddlers are home taking care of the kids, but are fine themselves. 1 has kidney stones and one is at an appointment. Kind of quiet, and nice.

Manage to precook for today last night but then, ate it all for breakfast. Oops. I guess it is breakfast for lunch for me!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Hello, Frugals!

You know that post-holiday vortex people talk about between Dec 26th and New Years? I think I am stuck in it now... can't seem to get motivated! I had hoped to get back on track Monday after the last of our postponed-holiday get-togethers... but H's surgery was postponed until yesterday, and today I am still stuck playing nursemaid for his-royal-whiny-ness... plus both the kids felt sick this morning, so DD18 skipped her whole (2-class) day, and DD14 went in late... and I just am feeling un-inspired!

I DID set up to go get my fingerprints done (the next step in my licensure) for tomorrow... so that's SORT OF something accomplished...

If anyone has any motivation to spare, send it my way!!!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Sunny and warmer today. Ds2 left a package that needs to be mailed to Canada. Thanks! I know he left it, because mom will take care of it for him. She does that. It's fine to send a package but I don't like filling out the customs forms. Hoping I can do it online. It's easier and you can read the address when you're done. The forms at the PO don't always go thru all the layers when you fill them out. Dh wants more green onions, so I'll stop while I'm out. Also pick up some more ritz crackers and goldfish for dgds. They raid my snack stash when they go home. That's why it's there.

Saw on facebook, that ds' wife's sister is in line for a covid test. Ds' wife and the girls are going to her parents for a visit. If the sister has covid and they've been around her, guess what? You guys get to quarantine until I say you can come over again. She'll say something like, "we're vaxed so we're okay". Nope. Ds2 was vaxed and he still got it. You can still spread it. Sorry. Dh says it's all over work. He tries to be careful, but one day...

Still need to do laundry. Still have decluttering and organizing to do. Just not motivated enough to do it. Dh wants salad for dinner. Not sure what I'll eat. I picked up a few "healthier" frozen meals for me to eat when he wants some weird meal that I don't like.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
yikes she should stay away! easy to get the latest. Zhoen can't help no motivation here either. besides getting the basics done.. time of year ...even cats not going out. still need to make that appt for miss piss pants to get nails cut..has to be sedated or I would do it. on the to do list. need to do a spreadsheet for volunteer group too for meeting tomorrow. not that I lack stuff to do just the desire.. still want a week alone lol pouring rain here so perfect to be inside but...

will go to do the one store close by and return a book to library and get the couple of holds. will go to other library in next couple of days. will see if software is working cus I have bunch of emails about it not working and then fixed etc. have to be home by certain time cus with cheaper delivery time option you get a wide range of time instead of 2 hrs. added more stuff to it too..needed some perrier type water but cheaper store brand. sometimes goes down better then reg water. and family stays out of it lol like plain yogurt .they are how can you eat it. always have like sparkling water like perrier. the lemon lime.

usual housework to keep it decent..run carpet sweeper etc. put clorox wipes on the bottom of mop and did a quick wash of the floors yesterday. dinner from the freezer of some type.. if order is before dinner..then frozen mac n cheese w veggies etc or fries/chicken strips/veggies out of freezer.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Doing laundry today and went to the grocery store. I decided to spend $20 and buy a scratch off. I never do that, but it turned out to be $500. Paying bills. Adulting can be no fun sometimes.Ordered my $40 allotment from my insurance company. Got probiotic and melatonin. DH gets $40 too, so I will have to decide how to spend his. Not much else going on. Made a green bean salad and some turkey sausage balls for dinner tonight. Don’t know what will go with them.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
GB- Congrats on the win! So happy for you!
Dlrcpa- I do think that those are walnut shoots. But does each one turn into a tree? hhmmm... Hope you're feeling better.
Zhoen- Keep up the pursuit of the prize! You're almost there!

DH went to picket. He came back home for a coat. It's in the 30's....I'll be out there in the rain/snow and below freezing temps-if my body lets me. I already have neuropathy so once I can't feel pain or cold, I will leave and take the financial loss. No choice. I won't be buying food and the stockpile is it for me. If anyone wants/needs something, they will have to get it or dial-a-friend.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
GB - nice! That will come in handy.
Ruj - take care of your health.
Feeling better. Vaccine arm got red and hot, now itchy too. Never had that happen before. Keeping an eye on it of course. Yesterday morning I had to dress in a hurry to get dog1 outside so didn't notice until bedtime. I can call nurse-practitioner line if I get worried. Hubby is now forewarned about the effects (and cost) and trying to figure out when to plan his shot.

I found more free online training/seminars and enrolled for various dates/times. I need to get back to the house chores after spending 2 days mostly doing nothing. I did finish reading a e-book on my phone. Thought it would be annoying compared to the iPad but not really, glad I gave it a try. Several more books available (Amazon freebies). Going to make bread in the machine and cook sweet potatoes and rice to go with different leftovers. Pulled pumpkin bread out of the freezer since hubby stuck more stuff in there, full again. Have a good day and stay warm.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Sunny and warm today. Rain/snow coming over the weekend. Glad I don't have anywhere to be. Not much going on this weekend. We'll watch some football here and there. Dh says he's going to fix chicken wings. I may make a Sam's run and get some chicken nuggets/bites. A Youtuber I watch showed some nuggets she gets from there and they look really good. Real chicken, not the formed whatever is in the nuggets. I don't care for chicken wings, so this would be something I would eat. So would dgds. Have been looking for goldfish crackers for dgds. Everyone is out of the individual bags. I can find all the different flavors in larger bags, but the girls like grabbing a bag to take home. May just have to get a big bag and divide into smaller snack bags myself.

Need to clean out the ice tray in the freezer. All the ice freezes into one big mess. Need to organize the freezer too. Dh brings stuff up and then doesn't eat it and it goes into the freezer. It's so packed full I can't find anything.

Not sure what we'll do for dinner tonight. Last dh didn't eat anything. Had some popcorn later in the evening. I ate one of the frozen meals I got. It was okay. But it gives me an idea of a meal to make myself. It was grilled chicken penne in a lemon basil sauce. Had one little piece of artichoke in it. I think I would load mine up with artichokes if I made it myself. And the peppers wouldn't be mush and it would have more yellow squash too.

·
Registered
10,579 Posts
Dlr, sounds a lot like my shingles vax. You can put an ice pack on the spot if it bothers you and be sure to keep moving it even if it's achy.

Another lovely sunny and warm day here. Tomorrow we go back to freezing temps and the snow. Have the usual to do around the house. Mac&cheese for dinner with chopped ham, whatever leftover vegs we have. Easy.

Hope everyone is doing well.

61 - 80 of 169 Posts