Frugal Village Forums banner
781 - 800 of 878 Posts

·
Registered
11,147 Posts
Sounds like a nice day Dlr.

Got the back yard mostly cleared yesterday, rearranged stuff under the deck so we can stack wood to dry. There's more out front to cut up, but not today. DH has an in-person work thing, and I have a dentist appt. Back is sore, so I wouldn't get much done anyway.

Don't know if anyone is going to be hungry for dinner. They are having food at DH's thing so he'll probably snack all day. Planned for tuna sandwiches, but may just pick up fried chicken on my way home. Extras will freeze and reheat well.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Sunny and getting hot. Going to go to Sams today to pick up some treats for dgd to sell at our garage sale. We told her she can keep the money. We'll make a sign that says she's earning money for her gymnastic meet. Then I'm going to the basement and start pulling out stuff to sell. Don't know if dgd will be coming tonight. Only the oldest. We have too much to do and she'd be a big help. She loves setting things up and organizing. Haven't heard from them all week. She started texting this morning. I'm waiting for the one from mom that says "what time do you want the girls to come over".

Dh worked on his car last night. As he was working found a pulley that wasn't turning smoothly. He's going to order a new one and then do all the work. He did the alternator changed so he can drive it. He's at a service project this morning for work, then lunch and then comes home early. They all get off a few hours early on Friday during the summer. We'll work on getting stuff ready for the sale. Tomorrow we take the RV to the buyer. She's an older lady (probably about my age) and she's going to live in it while her house is being renovated. We'll be glad to get that out of here. Then we'll stop for some BBQ.

Took mom to get her hair done yesterday. It was really quick. I dropped her off and went to the bank and she was done when I got back. Next week I'll take her to get her ID done. It's time to renew her license, but since she's not driving anymore, she'll probably get the ID. She wants to get her eyes checked and get new glasses. I told her to make the appointment and while she's there, I can look for new glasses for myself. She was happy, that she wouldn't be a burden, since I need to go there myself.

Not thinking about dinner. Dh will have lunch out with work, so I may just pick up something while I'm out.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Hope everyone is well! sun is out which is nice cus poured rain all day yesterday more rain then sun this spring so far. more then normal.

worked extra hours at a diff store which then I shopped at wow came out more then I thought lol $169 but $18 was soup my mom likes but hard to find british brand. only one flavour lentil/bacon she wants so got 6. plus laundry soap was on sale plus lunch meat and reg stuff. great int aisle so got dry miso soup packets, dh ginger cookies cheap and lots of ginger, ramen, plus sub sandwiches for them but then they forgot for lunch today.

got ds to try on dh old suits for grad dinner it works and he is happy. would get a suit but he doesn't want too. a little big but ok. His friends and him are all going stag so doesn't matter about matching outfits to dates. He is going to wear dh wedding suit lol 22 later. well didn't see him in a suit until I married him and we bought 2 when he was job hunting a few years later ..and yes he wasn't big on wearing them after either lol one suit jacket has mothholes..so garbage or see if the kids want to do something crafty w it.

going to work and stop by bank to pick up cheques on the way. not really doing much this week.. not sure about the weekend. yard work if it doesn't rain but ... will see. plus some volunteer work. dh is out tonight w friend before they move. will stop by my moms to drop off books and soup. horror movies tonight for me. leftovers for dinner.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Sun is shining, but I thinks it's going to be hot. Decided not to have the garage sale after all. We got my parents car sold and then we were going to start setting up and neither of us felt like doing it. Dgd was a bit disappointed, but because we live a out a ways from most, we were afraid we'd do all that work and no one would come. Then we'd have to clean it all up. Dh sold a couple of ds' amps and they are coming back tomorrow for one of the guitars. Just haven't been feeling like doing much lately. Dh and his brother left to drop of the RV. Glad that is gone.

Picked up lots of stuff for dgd to sell at the garage sale, but now it's in the pantry. Glad I bought things I knew we'd eat or drink. The girls have lots of snacks now. Later this afternoon, dh and ds will work on getting the pool going. Needs to be cleaned and one side is collapsing. Probably from the moles digging around. It'll be ready for dgd next weekend when she gets back from Nana's. I may look into setting up an etsy shop to sell some of the craft books I have. I have wedding decor too. I have patterns and lots of fabric. I doubt I'll do much with any of it now. I'm drained from running my parents everywhere. I thought I had the easy part, but everything takes 2-3 hours. Time to clean out. Probably do a lot of donating. Not sure where I'll donate. One of the stores is moving, so I probably won't take the stuff there.

Not sure what we'll do for dinner tonight, since plans changed. Need to plan for dinner tomorrow too.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
It's been extremely hot here....they expect it to be in the 100's today....thank goodness for a/c....yesterday we went to see sil and husband said the thermostat in car said 104....sil is looking better but his ribs have not healed....they are still broken...he has to be careful moving, reaching, coughing etc. I suggested he wrap them but who am I.....we had a nice visit....he has a football jersey or some shirt he wanted a shadow box for so I found one at an auction....it has a little red dress in it so he is going take it out and put in his shirt...will take a little work as it was done by a professional. If it doesn't work out I am only out $3.....I really wish I knew the story behind the dress.....why was it framed? But, I guess I will never know.
Z congrats on daughter graduating....what a relief....
Rujjero congrats on son getting a scholarship....what a big help
CH sounds like you have a lot of clean up to do....tornados are scary....they seem to be happening more often I think...they say our hurricane season is going to be heavy and some big ones....not looking forward to that...we will leave but then I worry about the grands.....
dlr glad Hoover is cooperating....my son's dog is scared of storms and he got him a thunder shirt but son said it didn't help. I am thinking a weighed blanket maybe???
Martha seems no one wears suits anymore except maybe a wedding or funeral....unless you are high class and go to balls and flashy dinners.....not us....don't think husband has a suit...last one we purchased was for our wedding 26 years ago and of course it doesn't fit anymore....nothing of mine fits from last year much less 26 years ago....lol

We have nothing planned for today...much too hot to do anything....may run to Ollie's as they sent me a 15% off coupon...I can always find something there.....CVS sent me $5 last week....haven't been to cvs since they sent me the last $5 few months ago so I ran in on Thursday when coming home from doctors and got a tube of toothpaste so I could also use it on my Fetch....paid $1.58 and cvs gave me ECB for a dollar so paid .58....then I got 2500 points from Fetch which put me over the 10,000 mark so I ordered a $10 Amazon gc....win win on that one....

Did 22 boxes this past week...so have 26 done. All 2-4 girls....I have 48 packages of 3 underwear left so I think I am only going do another 24 boxes that size and send the rest of underwear and clothing as filler to be used in boxes that need some help.....it's overwhelming at times.....my sister told me I was only to do pencil packs next year and I was not to do boxes...my husband told her that I WOULD be doing boxes as this is what I do, but he and I agreed that it wouldn't be as many as this year....she is upset with me....it's all about control.....

Have dentist appt. Tuesday. Just a quick filling I hope....you know how they always find something else to fix....have primary doctor appt next week....will see how that goes and I may be looking for a new doctor....which is very stressful for me...
Got to get moving here.....maybe set my table with my new bee plates I found at DT last week....just what I needed I know....
Hope everyone is staying cool and healthy....have a great weekend....

·
Registered
11,147 Posts
Yes, it's hot. 90s all week. Was 80 already when I got up this morning.

Neighbors got up early and moved all the tree branches that came off their tree.... into our yard. Classy. We had put them on the curb at the property line, and they pushed everything over next to our driveway. DH did a little more cutting today but he has no heat tolerance.

Went out to a craft show and spent a little fun money. Stopped at farmer's market just as it was closing, got a few good deals from people who'd rather not take it home. Lettuces and herbs mostly. Stopped at a store and got a few more things, corn on the cob, snacks, bread, cheese. Things that don't need cooked.

Not sure about dinner. Don't want to cook. Have a big salad leftover from yesterday, and DH made a fridge pie while I was out.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
CH- Glad you got deals at the farmer's market. Ours opened up but I haven't gone there yet.
Peg- The red dress sounds interesting. Congrats on getting the gift card to amazon!
Jetts- It sounds like the selling of the RV and car went well. Sorry about the garage sale but those things do take a lot of work! I used to form the community garage sale every year and put ads in paper/go to neighbors to collect money for ads/put up signs..... Whew.

We went to the local nursey and despite my best efforts not to buy anything, I brought home 2 raspberry bushes. One is planted but other has to wait....

I replanted the lemon tree. I hope it thrives in different soil.

I contacted 3 arborists to see if they can grind the walnut stump down and tell me about the new growth near the stump. Will it produce another walnut tree? If not, can the area be cleared so we can plant the raspberry bush? They have not contacted me back yet.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
It was 107 yesterday and 104 today. Fortunately my garden is doing well. Have plenty of onions and potatoes. My zucchini and bell peppers are coming on. Busy week moving 200+ costumes into the theatre and tutoring this week. I get out early to do chores and stay in in the afternoon. Had to out a fan in the hen house to cool it down.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
GB sounds bad. We may reach 90 here and it's humid. The HVAC company is coming today to check the heat pump & preventative maintenance. Don't expect any problem. I reminded hubby yesterday and he changed the filter. I have donations tagged for drop-off tomorrow, may possibly finish 1 more hat today. Not much happening otherwise.

·
Registered
11,147 Posts
Quiet and hot here. Will be in the 90s and humid all week. My back still hurts, so won't be doing much. It kept me up half the night so I'll probably nap later.

Taking a half bushel of herbs I found at the farmers market and sharing it out with a friend, and friends of friends.

Grilled chicken and vegs for dinner. May do foil pouches.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Hot and humid all week. Of course the pool isn't ready. Just so many other things going on and weather. We have good intentions of getting things done early and then it doesn't work out. Dgd will be gone most of the week to nana's house. I told her nana was the fun one and I'm the loving one. I asked her if nana takes care of her when she's sick and she said, no, she stays away because she doesn't want to get sick. But grandma says come on over, I'll take care of you. I may not be the fun one, but she knows we're always there for her.

Need to run to the bank and make a return at Sam's. I bought some yeast and when I got home, it had spilled all over the back of the car. There was a tiny cut in the top of the package. Going to return it and get another one for the freezer. Then maybe out to Sprouts. We need some fruit and I have some free items to pick up. I also need to get some bleach for the pool. It needs a good scrubbing. May need some just to get it started.

Was planning to clean out the linen closet today. Going to pull everything out. Then try to organize it. It's such a mess. I have a shoe holder on the inside of the door that I put things in, but it's jammed full of stuff. Too many sheets and towels. Need to go through and get rid of some of it.

Not sure what we'll do for dinner. Something light and quick. Maybe a pasta salad.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Thunderstorms already this morning 5 am. Mostly passed to the north but more are possible. Decided not to drive to donation drop-off today. It's a couple hours round trip and traffic could be bad with this weather. Also gas prices $5/gal here, so gas cost. Working on quilt instead. New carpet cleaner was delivered yesterday (replacement for the one that broke) and hubby put it together so it's ready to use. Washing hubby's yard jacket, it needs major repairs but I was not going to touch it until it's cleaner.

·
Registered
11,147 Posts
Another hot and steamy one. Had hoped to take a quick pass at the garden but it was already 85 when I got up. We hit 103 yesterday afternoon.

Cat goes to the vet for her allergy shot this afternoon. Have things to do around the house before then.

Forgot about the cheap marinated steak yesterday, so it will be dinner tonight, with a salad of some sort.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Hot all week. Yuck! Dh went out later in the evening and worked on the pool. Should have covered it last fall. Planning our trip to take the dogs to ds. The two little ones are having accidents in the house. Someone peed and pooped on the bed yesterday. We think we know who and it's probably because he gets picked on by one of ds' dogs. I read that stress and anxiety can cause them to do that. Hoping it gets better soon.

Ran a few errands yesterday. Went to sprouts for some of the freebies. One of the coupons didn't work, but the manager finally refunded the money. He was really nice. The other girls said she couldn't help me. Today, I'm going to try and tackle the linen closet. Didn't get to it yesterday. Filled up dh's car last night $50.

Dinner tonight may be tacos. Dh mentioned last night that he really liked the tacos I made last week. Better thaw out some meat.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Well, none of the arborists have called me. I'm trying to contact other tree services and one wasn't taking anymore clients but referred me to other companies. Let's see if they call me.....

DH smoked chicken and I attempted to make a turkish bread but it didn't turn out anything like the youtube video. I think oil was needed for the pan and maybe in the dough but it didn't list that at all. So, the dough is in the fridge and has been rising. It will be baked in the morning.

The plants are doing ok...I think I'm over watering the strawberries as the leaves are getting yellow. I don't know about potatoes but will not water them for a while as well. It will be in the 80's and 90's for a week but may hit 100 again soon. I don't mind too much except when I'm out there gardening and get light headed. It makes me stop and get water.

We planned a trip but honestly, I'm not sure it's a good idea. I know I've been spending more on food/ gardening and getting the house fixed. DH hoped to pay the CC with the tax refund but it didn't cover it all. I'd say the cc runs the price of a used 10 y.o toyota yaris, so that's a lot to me and if I bring up to cancel the trip or anything about debt, he gets mad. I said I wasn't going anywhere in July and he had booked a hotel somewhere since it was a good price..Silly to me.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Good morning. Trying to finish a couple exercise classes this morning. I scheduled one Tuesday afternoon then forgot while working on the quilt. One more outside border to sew and then the binding. Hubby's jacket was washed and I'll try to make repairs today. Not that he needs a coat right now, but it has been hanging around dirty and torn for too long. Pick up Target order later today and visit the other grocery store for a few items on sale.

·
Registered
11,147 Posts
Eating a quick breakfast and then going out to pick cherries at a friend's house. Already getting hot. At least we have a good breeze. Not likely to have energy for much else today.

Mac& cheese for dinner, with a vegetable or salad.

Stay cool!

Reactions: marthamfi

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Sunny, breezy and warm. Thought the AC was going out yesterday, but it recovered overnight. I didn't have the oven on or laundry going. I think it was all the opening of the door for the dogs. And we don't have any trees to shade the house. Tonight dinner is in the instant pot. Last night's dinner of tacos was a bust. I thought the meat smelled funny. Dh and I both took a bite, looked at each other and spit it out. We went and got burgers instead. I'll believe my nose next time. Won't be eating tacos for a while.

Took mom to the doctor. Her arm is still seeping, but the doctor said it looks better than last time. He's calling the kidney doctor and dialysis to let them know to try to use the arm instead of the temporary port. Not sure how that works. Anyway, I'll take his word for it. Tomorrow is hair and DMV. My sister thought that since she's in a wheel chair, they might move her up the line. We'll see. More appointments. I hope it slows down soon.

Cleaning out the linen closet. Found stuff I didn't know I had. I've labeled the container this time. I don't need wash cloths or dish towels for a long time. Throwing out stuff we don't need, like sheets that don't fit any of the beds. Old pillow cases and towels. So much stuff.

Trying to figure out a time to take ds' dogs. We looked into a transport service...$6000. I could travel most of the summer for that. I just need to figure out what to do with the 3 dogs staying behind. We thought our other son would watch them, but we can tell they don't want to. We were going to pay to fix their fence. They watch her mom's dogs, no problem. But when we ask for help, nope, we get an attitude. We may just have to travel with all 5. The cats will be fine. We'll leave plenty of food and water for them. Just more headaches.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Good morning. 90's today and Friday, cooler on the weekend so plan yard work then. Finished and returned all library books. Going out to dinner for our anniversary. Probably a good day to take over the dining table and cut out sewing projects if I could just decide. Hope everyone is staying cool.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Hope everyone is well! cool here and rain off and on. rain in the forecast still for next week. Well we got the yard cleaned up etc during the couple days of sun. CSA started, library runs done. Hopefully rain cleans up the pollen cus allergy week for lots of people for sure. Up late and then up very early cus hungry. ate a very early dinner or late lunch whatever you want to call it. worked last couple of days. picked up indian food which leaked and bag broke over me getting out of car.. crows disappointed not the chicken. wasn't that good at all ..seems new owners so will find new place.

Jett reminds me of when we used to babysit family friends dog when they traveled..kids claimed allergies but when he died they got a dog.. we didn't mind he was sweet plus we didn't have dogs. Like dogs but more like grandkids just babysitting lol Yes lol don't fit into many clothes from the past either! isn't that always the way. got ds to take the shirt into the drycleaners..guess we didn't bother at the time. dinner dance tomorrow..friend got a limo so starting early. will see if he wants a boutonniere can make one from roses and ferns here or use fake flowers. he is going on camping trip too so getting that checked out..cus what can happen w a bunch of boys camping lol like who what where..you know. why would a mom want to know lol

up very early confused the cats..watching the 50th anniversary of price is right..thought was more documentary style history but not show w flashbacks. only a couple of hours sleep..popped allergy pill .. will do some work at home on computer plus housework of course. laundry is done..not folded etc but clean. not sure what is for dinner..maybe frozen pizza. We watched chip n dale rescue rangers movie last night cute.

781 - 800 of 878 Posts