Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
The meals planned for last week helped get rid of ingredients that were in most need to be used instead of wasted. It was successful. I shared with my daughter who lives nearby.
for this week I’ll plan lasagna with left over spaghetti sauce and I have the other ingredients. Left over garlic bread in freezer.
An egg bake with frozen hash browns, eggs, cheese and ground beef mixed with a spicy salsa barbecue sauce I made this week.
I’ll find a recipe for a healthy bar or cookie to make. I have lots of nuts to use and some coconut.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
This coming weeks plan is
lasagna, will need to buy some kind of cheese, and cottage cheese. Will add layer of spinach I have. with garlic bread made with bread we have
chili
Another egg bake, frozen hash browns , peppers, onions, italian breakfast sausage I have on hand
Still working on a blueberry crumble I made so no desserts planned.
Mom's treating us to pork chop supper tommorrow.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I like how this menu planning helps me use the ingredients I have on hand in various ways and leftovers are put in small container and go to work with me the next day. Saves me time and money.
- cabbage, potato, bacon casserole
-bacon wrapped chicken
-cabbage rolls
- peppers, carrots, mushrooms, spicy almonds and sunflower seeds to be used in various ways in above meals
Some type of oatmeal dessert

1 - 8 of 8 Posts